client for OS X (mac) dunge probs

Dachef

has anybody experienced the same? whenever a door gets opened (new part of map loading) the client lags like crazy and on occassion (this dungeon 4 times) the client totally crashes and restarts itself..

does anybody know what to do in order to prevent this from happening? its reeeeeally annoying!!

dachef_pf.png

It would happen to me every time I opened a door in dung. Jagex's response to the issue was for me to upgrade my operating system. I had to wait a year (not being to dung at all during that time) before I was willing to upgrade--my school actually had a computer exchange, so I got an updated computer which a newer version of Mac OS X.

I think its more of a compatibility issues with Java->Mac. From what I recall, Java stopped making updates to OSX Leopard if you're still using it and only make updates designed for OSX Lion now meaning you HAVE to update to Lion.

Don't quote me on that, I'm not much of a OSX user.

Popoto.~<3

I think its more of a compatibility issues with Java->Mac. From what I recall, Java stopped making updates to OSX Leopard if you're still using it and only make updates designed for OSX Lion now meaning you HAVE to update to Lion.

Actually osx snow leopard and earlier java is intergrated into the mac os and mac handles its updates etc.

os x lion onwards it does not include java so you have to go and get normal java.

Both snow leopard and lion still have some issues with java, snow leopard due to being dated lion due to java not ironing out all compatibility issues as of yet.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Actually osx snow leopard and earlier java is intergrated into the mac os and mac handles its updates etc.

os x lion onwards it does not include java so you have to go and get normal java.

Both snow leopard and lion still have some issues with java, snow leopard due to being dated lion due to java not ironing out all compatibility issues as of yet.

The problem with java for lion is that they dropped support for older version of java and guess what is using an older version of java? Indeed runescape ;)

There is no problem at all at getting java at lion as it downloads as soon as you open a java applet.

I wish rs would update their java version, because my browser didn't crash and the client crashes often... I am just lucky it didn't crash yet when I was in danger lol

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I never said there WAS an issue getting java, just is has compatibility issues still meaning it has quirks of mis-behaviour. Such as rs playing up, java webpages tend to lock up as well etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If it helps: I have the newest version of everything... ;)

I've having been having OS X for 4 years now, it had always been working, till the latest OS update (Lion that was, and the following smaller updates..).

dachef_pf.png

I have the same problem on a PC, windows xp (i think?). Screen blurrs after it freezes and lags for a few seconds. only reloading the runescape client fixes it. Opening the world map when not in dung seems to fix it, But it happens at Bork, Kuras, and dung most frequently.

wisky_is_goo.png

I have the same problem on a PC, windows xp (i think?). Screen blurrs after it freezes and lags for a few seconds. only reloading the runescape client fixes it. Opening the world map when not in dung seems to fix it, But it happens at Bork, Kuras, and dung most frequently.

windows xp is your problem.

To OP as several people have said java has issues on mac atm; no client is gonna help that because they all perform the same basic task of running the java app tht is runescape. Just gotta wait for java update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

windows xp is your problem.

To OP as several people have said java has issues on mac atm; no client is gonna help that because they all perform the same basic task of running the java app tht is runescape. Just gotta wait for java update.

Not sure if I misunderstand you but the runescape client for mac does use its own installed java (so not the computers java), the runescape client for mac has a few bugs where it crashes on some cases. Also I don't think apple is going to give us an update to support older versions of java. So in both cases it is up the jagex to fix it.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Lol no.

The rs client does not have some magical java installation, it uses the computers java same as anything that runs java.

Your problem will be java is too advance for proper support in windows xp now, that OS is a decade old afterall.

Mac's issue is java still has compatibility issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Lol no.

The rs client does not have some magical java installation, it uses the computers java same as anything that runs java.

official client download requires no java install cause it default uses a modified openjdk distribution that comes with the install. plus if you can be creative you can get it to run on a unix-based machine

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Lol no.

Your problem will be java is too advance for proper support in windows xp now, that OS is a decade old afterall.

Mac's issue is java still has compatibility issues.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/Downloads_and_Wallpapers

"The client doesn't need java to be installed" now how would it use the computers java if you don't have it?

And for more explanation read the sticky's and threads in the technical forum on the RSOF about the mac lion problem

Retired item crew