We're back!

So they only have passwords from accounts created in sometime in 2009 and from this month?

Or am I hopelessly lost.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they only have passwords from accounts created in sometime in 2009 and from this month?

Or am I hopelessly lost.

They have at least one password for every account. They may have two or more depending on how long ago your account was created.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Or am I hopelessly lost.

They have at least one password for every account. They may have two or more depending on how long ago your account was created.

Okay then my rs account and stuff should be safe.

Not trusting tip.it by using a non related pass and email ftw.

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

Thanks a lot for the responses. It's worth putting that a backup from roughly 09 was most likely taken too just so everyone is aware of that.

Thank god for that, now I don't need to bother changing the passwords for accounts which use my 07-09 TIF password, because those passwords were likely not taken. I'm glad i didn't change them all just to be safe, that would have been silly. And its comforting to know that hackers do not have the passwords that I used here 4 years ago.

Some Wisdom from me.

It's unlikely and unfathomable to expect full disclosure from the admin team in entirety about the events. I doubt in all honesty the mod's know much more than we see here - perhaps recent events have changed communication policies - perhaps not, don't know, not my place to know, In my three years on that side of the fence, "sensitive" information was usually filtered, for simplicities sake and the like. I'm glad Tip.it is back, but I'm not much of a frequent user anymore to where my presence will likely impact the community at large

I do hope Tip.it avoids any future altercations and stays safe, and I hope the community grows again, as it did when it happened in the past (2003 or 2004). It happened to a plethora of other fansites from what i've heard, so tip.it was not alone. From an IT perspective, you shouldn't trust *any* website with duplicate passwords.

Tip.it's future largely depends on how the users react to this event, as regardless of how forthcoming the adminstration may be with every nugget of information, the ultimate damage has already been done long before they had a chance to issue a statement, and user trust after a hacking, is hard to gain back quickly at times.

Seeing the scope and range of otherfansites affected by it, I can't say it's a good time to play runescape, let alone use a fansite.

Seeing the scope and range of otherfansites affected by it, I can honestly say I guess alot of communities are having the same soul searching right now

Take Care all

~Bird of Prey

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Phew... I was freaking out. :-o Well, I hope that Tip.It is hack-free again. Keep that firewall up 24/7! Or else... you know what will happen...

This was practically 9/11 of Tip. It... 10/11.

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

Still keeping the same password as I have since 2006. There is absolutely no benefits in hacking my tif account, and no password or other information that's the same that they can use for anything else.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Glad to see Tip.It Forums are back online. Thanks to all those who have been working in the background on it. I've changed my pass, so my account is back to secure. :thumbsup:

As for those who wish to gank whoever did this, I would love to join that party. :twisted:

BTW, I've spotted a few issues worth catching. I'll make a thread about any ones that don't already have a thread in short order, that's for sure. I get the feeling I've only spotted the tip of the iceberg, though. :-?

~Mr. D. V. "Welcome Back, Tip.It Forums!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)