RuneCrafting.

Huge Noob

Ok, so as you can see from my signature I'm working on 80+ in all skills. I have everything to 80 save 5 skills, and those are at least 75. My main concern is with RuneCrafting. Currently I've just been doing the Abyss/Edgville thing crafting bloods for cash however, it's quite slow and tedious (what isn't in RS? AMIRITE?). Is there a more efficient way to RC that perhaps I don't know about? Is The Great Orb Project worth doing? Personally I've never done it but I've read the guide for it here on Tip.It and I don't know if it is worth the time or if I'd even understand what to do exactly. Is there an unofficial world for crafting bloods? Do I need to stop whining and just suck it up? Help me. :blink: If you need to know my stats are in my signature (if that matters) and I've done all quests.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

http://forum.tip.it/topic/282929-newaverage-zmi-lap-rc-ing-after-bank-update-my-cute-cats/page__p__4723232__hl__zmi__fromsearch__1#entry4723232

Use the ZMI method. The above guide is a good starting point. Crafting via the abyss is going to be slow no matter what.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pretty much everything to do with Runecrafting is slow. ZMI is one of the fastest methods to train it, alongside killing Cave crawlers for effigies. At your level I would think ZMI to be best, since you would need to spend time finding people to help open effigies (losing potential rc xp) and you would need to get the effigies without the use of Chaotic weapons, overloads, Turmoil or a steel titan.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Pretty much everything to do with Runecrafting is slow. ZMI is one of the fastest methods to train it, alongside killing Cave crawlers for effigies. At your level I would think ZMI to be best, since you would need to spend time finding people to help open effigies (losing potential rc xp) and you would need to get the effigies without the use of Chaotic weapons, overloads, Turmoil or a steel titan.

To clarify, getting anyone to help with an effigy ever is a catastrophic waste. Doing so with crawlered teddybears simply defies the entire point of crawlering in the first place.

Don't ever even think of doing this. Ellac really didn't emphasise how diabolical it would be if you chose to do that.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/282929-newaverage-zmi-lap-rc-ing-after-bank-update-my-cute-cats/page__p__4723232__hl__zmi__fromsearch__1#entry4723232

Use the ZMI method. The above guide is a good starting point. Crafting via the abyss is going to be slow no matter what.

I've done ZMI before and it was ok. The only thing I don't like is (obviously) you don't control which runes you make, so the profit is minimal to non existent. I suppose if I just want the exp (which quite frankly I do at this point) then ZMI is apparently my only option. That stinks 'cause I was really hoping to make at least some cash from the levels. Oh well I guess. Thanks for the replies everyone so far. :)

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

Alternatively, let me put it this way.

Spend an hour reaching whatever nat crafting xp target you have via ZMI. Then use the remainder of that hour to kill frosts, glacors, TDs, whatever.

Congratulations. You now have your XP target AND more money than you would have had via nats/bloods/deaths!