Feedback wanted

Lekti

Just did this picture, was watching "Kill Bill Vol:1" which brang back my samurai obsession...

Note: I used Samurai Champloo as a huge influence for the style and his pose.

The character its self is meant to be a kind of Mummified Samurai returned from death to seek revenge,

Whole picture took an hour, did a basic body sketch in photoshop and just built on it from there using stock photo's for the background, and then used a mixture of filters and brushes to finish everything else off. I'm not quite sure what else i can do with it. The blank space below the character is intended for text, but i can't think of anything right now, so i've just placed my name in the corner for a watermark.

All feedback is welcome<3

RavenSamurai.jpg

LektiFury.jpg

~ 99 Hunter 1/29/09 ~ 99 Firemaking 12/4/10 ~

Lekti.png

I think it's a really awesome :D Though his left arm (the one reaching behind his head) kinda needs to be decayed/mummified too in my opinion :)

<3:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

It looks really nice, although the samurai looks out of place because the background is low quality, you can see all pixelated things there (nothing you can do about it, except for getting the background picture at a better quality), also the samurai has sharp edges (especially his arm) so I would suggest to blur those black lines a bit.

Also, if you want text in a large picture, the best would be the upper left corner, as that is where people will look first, although I am not sure if it would fit in the design.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Lekti, here's a good caption for your image...

"I will take your soul back with me to the underworld!"

As for the image itself, you might add an effect that makes it look like someone is looking at this undead being as it causes massive visual distortion to the world as viewed by that someone's eyes. :geek:

~Mr. D. V. "That's my mental $0.50 of thoughts..." Devnull

(p.s.: Post 4444! Never thought I'd get to stop, feel the breeze, and note this!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I love the text actually, how did you do it?

I'm guessing it's a downloaded font that automatically comes with those cool messy things.

My thoughts:

You don't want the text taking attention away from the image. I think your watermark is in a fine place but could do with being a bit smaller and maybe take the 'by' part of and have your name there. Personal opinion but I think have the 'by' part looks a little tacky with all artwork lol.

The sword is a bit wonky, hilt and sheath doesn't allign properly and it looks a bit weird behind the guy's right shoulder. In fact, when I noticed it it was all I could see >_<

I think that when you're making the background grainy, don't make it so that it looks like you saved it as a low quality jpeg. I'd try and eliminate those extra pixels you can see in the sky next to the buildings.

His right arm does look a little elongated but my perception may be thrown off by the shadows :P I think you did very well with the shadows, it looks epic especially with that ghostly glow behind him.

I like the image as a whole, it looks like a movie poster. The guy you drew is very good and fits well with the background. Bird looks a little sharp though :o

I can totally see the Samurai Champloo influence in your dude too :D

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I love the text actually, how did you do it?

I'm guessing it's a downloaded font that automatically comes with those cool messy things.

My thoughts:

You don't want the text taking attention away from the image. I think your watermark is in a fine place but could do with being a bit smaller and maybe take the 'by' part of and have your name there. Personal opinion but I think have the 'by' part looks a little tacky with all artwork lol.

The sword is a bit wonky, hilt and sheath doesn't allign properly and it looks a bit weird behind the guy's right shoulder. In fact, when I noticed it it was all I could see >_<

I think that when you're making the background grainy, don't make it so that it looks like you saved it as a low quality jpeg. I'd try and eliminate those extra pixels you can see in the sky next to the buildings.

His right arm does look a little elongated but my perception may be thrown off by the shadows :P I think you did very well with the shadows, it looks epic especially with that ghostly glow behind him.

I like the image as a whole, it looks like a movie poster. The guy you drew is very good and fits well with the background. Bird looks a little sharp though :o

I can totally see the Samurai Champloo influence in your dude too :D

Hey,

You are correct, that is just a preset font i downloaded an age ago.

I just added a water mark for the sake of being a water mark while the picture is online as i've had issues with people claiming my work is not mine, or its theres.

Now for his sword its based on a japanese katana, the blade itself is actually not straight, as it curves to one side slightly. But i did however wish to give the sword a damaged look, like chips in the metal and cracks, but this has kind of got lost in the shadowing.

I too fealt the same about the back ground, but i wanted to see what views other people had on it before i changed anything.

I also forgot to say this is the first piece i have taken seriously since finishing Art college in march, and its very nice to see people like it in its current state. (:

Thank you very much for your feed back. <3

LektiFury.jpg

~ 99 Hunter 1/29/09 ~ 99 Firemaking 12/4/10 ~

Lekti.png