navigating through meiyerditch

vleademir

I did the darkness of hallovale years ago and now im doing the legacy of seergaze quest but i forget how to navigate through this insane city. I looked at the guide from the previous quest but it doesnt explain how to get to the base. help me!

Vlead.png

Step 4 of the Darkness of Hallowvale quest guide gives some instructions. If you look at the map here you need to get to the blue dot, starting at the yellow dot (Old Man Ral). Starting from the southern slums you will need to follow all the black sickle logos that are painted around various walls in the city.

I'll make a note that a clearer navigation section should be written, it could do with a nice interactive map with marked paths. I'll do it today if I can!

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Step 4 of the Darkness of Hallowvale quest guide gives some instructions. If you look at the map here you need to get to the blue dot, starting at the yellow dot (Old Man Ral). Starting from the southern slums you will need to follow all the black sickle logos that are painted around various walls in the city.

I'll make a note that a clearer navigation section should be written, it could do with a nice interactive map with marked paths. I'll do it today if I can!

I actually figured it out after many tries lol. I can mark the path on a map if you would like?

Vlead.png

I did Darkness of Hallowvale just yesterday, and I can attest to the fact that navigating the course the first time was confusing, I had to use a combination of Tip.it's guide and the guide on the RuneScape wikia just to figure out some of the directions. It would make it much easier if the directions were formatted in a list with one step per item.

There should also be a note right after the directions that after the first time it's much, much faster to get caught by the Vyrewatch, mine the ore, and run south, then go through the last few steps of the maze to get back to the hideout. Another important note is to buy the Vyrewatch clothing, since it reduces the chance of getting caught by the Vyrewatch, but if you want to get caught and go to the mines you really need to take it off.

I know it would be a lot of work, but a guide for navigating the maze using the shortcut key could be nice too.

Also, about this line:

Talk to Vertida again, and after telling about his friend, he will offer to lead you back through the maze.

You need to talk to him once, end the conversation, and talk to him again before he'll offer to take you back through.

I did Darkness of Hallowvale just yesterday, and I can attest to the fact that navigating the course the first time was confusing, I had to use a combination of Tip.it's guide and the guide on the RuneScape wikia just to figure out some of the directions. It would make it much easier if the directions were formatted in a list with one step per item.

There should also be a note right after the directions that after the first time it's much, much faster to get caught by the Vyrewatch, mine the ore, and run south, then go through the last few steps of the maze to get back to the hideout. Another important note is to buy the Vyrewatch clothing, since it reduces the chance of getting caught by the Vyrewatch, but if you want to get caught and go to the mines you really need to take it off.

I know it would be a lot of work, but a guide for navigating the maze using the shortcut key could be nice too.

Also, about this line:

Talk to Vertida again, and after telling about his friend, he will offer to lead you back through the maze.

You need to talk to him once, end the conversation, and talk to him again before he'll offer to take you back through.

That's exactly what I did with regards to getting caught, mining, etc. So much easier.

Vlead.png

The runescape wiki (unofficial) has a fairly reasonable description, if a tad tab-switiching full. Of note are that if you're going the right direction, you will:

-Be seeing the odd key symbol and several sickle symbols. Keys are that weird black circle with lines going down.

-Be going across a variety of levels and buildings.

I'm not an efficienado.

The runescape wiki (unofficial) has a fairly reasonable description, if a tad tab-switiching full.

When doing the quest yesterday I noticed that not all of their directions are in order and some are repeated, it got awfully confusing realizing that you have to skip several directions because you're already at another spot. The part with the cloths line is particularly out of order.

Also, about this line:

If you're going on foot through the maze in darkness of hallowvale, you're doing it wrong.

The very start of the quest you get the drakan medallion with burgh de rott tele on it; then the npc will tele you to the base where an npc will add the base teleport on to it.

Ergo the whole point of the item is to bypass the maze entirely.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Paw, thats Branches of Darkmeyer you are thinking of, not Darkness of Hallowvale

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Paw, thats Branches of Darkmeyer you are thinking of, not Darkness of Hallowvale

Doh! My bad!

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue