Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 8th January 2012

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis
Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

EDITORIAL PANEL DISCUSSION THREAD:
This thread is for discussing and debating the week's articles. If you would like to comment on the overall structure or direction of the Editorial Panel, please use the discussion topic in the Website Discussion forum.

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

Read these rules before posting in this thread

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts
"Jagex's Place in the Gaming Industry" is a bit of a misleading title: the article only talks about jagex' upcoming games, viewed from a gamers point of view. While with such a title, I'd like to hear some information about jagex and how they have connections with other companies, what they brought gaming as a whole, etc etc. But a better title for the article wouldve been "jagex' alternative games" or something. (BTW: as "jagex" ends with an "s" sound it doesn't have the extra s)

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

BTW: as "jagex" ends with an "s" sound it doesn't have the extra s)

"Words ending with s, z or x generally omit the 's'."

The key word being generally here... Seeing as Jagex is a proper name, I would include an apostrophe and an S on it.

Say this out loud to yourself... "Jagex place in the Gaming Industry." It doesn't sound the same.

Erewhon2
[ Display Name History ]

Erewhon2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • RSN:Aquillegia
The Impetus of Perishability article was a personal and philosophical look at life and bore very little relation to RS, other than to basically say that because RS exists it must therefore die. To suggest that everyone is trying to get to 99 because they are aware of their own and RS' mortality is pushing the connection to the extreme! :huh: I really don't see the relevance of the article and Crocefisso is already aware of my opinion on his writing style.

Jagex's Place in the Gaming Industry was a fairly interesting article, but I agree with pulli23 that it was rather narrow in its considerations.
Posted Image

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

"Jagex's Place in the Gaming Industry" is a bit of a misleading title: the article only talks about jagex' upcoming games, viewed from a gamers point of view. While with such a title, I'd like to hear some information about jagex and how they have connections with other companies, what they brought gaming as a whole, etc etc. But a better title for the article wouldve been "jagex' alternative games" or something. (BTW: as "jagex" ends with an "s" sound it doesn't have the extra s)

Well the purpose of the article was talking about Jagex securing a lasting place in the gaming industry. RuneScape really helped them stand out as a company but unless Jagex has another great product, I think they will slowly lose the recognition they have now. So my intent was to look at what Jagex has been doing after RuneScape (so I talked about all of their current games - not just the upcoming ones) and which ventures have been successes or failures, and what is in store for the company in the future.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

Well the purpose of the article was talking about Jagex securing a lasting place in the gaming industry. RuneScape really helped them stand out as a company but unless Jagex has another great product, I think they will slowly lose the recognition they have now. So my intent was to look at what Jagex has been doing after RuneScape (so I talked about all of their current games - not just the upcoming ones) and which ventures have been successes or failures, and what is in store for the company in the future.

Well -- to be fair -- Jagex has already secured its place in the Gaming Industry as the developer of Runescape -- just like whatsit did when they made that um game thingy back in the day. Dang, what was that game called? You know, the one MMORPG that was the first one on-line? Gah! It's right here on the tip of my tongue it was called ... um .. ah ...

Oh yeah! Ultima On-Line! That's the one. The whatsit company that made that game is gonna be remembered forever ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body

The Impetus of Perishability article was a personal and philosophical look at life and bore very little relation to RS, other than to basically say that because RS exists it must therefore die. To suggest that everyone is trying to get to 99 because they are aware of their own and RS' mortality is pushing the connection to the extreme! :huh: I really don't see the relevance of the article and Crocefisso is already aware of my opinion on his writing style.

I agree.
Posted Image

Aceethan
[ Display Name History ]

Aceethan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • RSN:Aceethan
I play RS because I find it fun.... enough said

CookMePlox
[ Display Name History ]

CookMePlox

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts
I found the featured article very difficult to read and mostly off topic.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Posted Image

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
Oh the philosophy........ .... ... .. .

Yeah.

The 2nd article is more insightful. Tripsis is correct on pointing out that the new projects will define jagex as rs continue its decline. However, with current trends, we just might see the new (evil) corporate jagex make the new games freemium microtransaction games instead of a subscription model. I personally stay far far away from those money sucking scams. And I wonder how jagex will change their game away from the grind that has characterized rs.

In other news, the 'did you know' section actually had something I didn't know! Haven't had that happen for quite a while (maybe never)
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

In other news, the 'did you know' section actually had something I didn't know! Haven't had that happen for quite a while (maybe never)

Same here. However, I don't even know when I'd ever really use that feature.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

I think most of us does. And that's why I disagree with the first of the articles here. We're not all chasing the level 99s. That is to generalize way too much.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

I think most of us does. And that's why I disagree with the first of the articles here. We're not all chasing the level 99s. That is to generalize way too much.

It's also possible to find fun in chasing level 99s ;)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users