Going to work/school while sick

DragnFly

You haven't told us the necessary preconditions to make that judgement - do we know prior to attending the workplace?

EDIT - Oh, and I'll agree with the points made by the posts below. The immune systems of those with AIDs aren't as greatly compromised as you'd suggest, if they're fit to work.

Would you guys still go to work sick if one of your coworkers had AIDS and thus a weakened immune system?

Yes. It's more than likely they are already taking safeguards to stop them catching an infection anyway, and are probably very conscious about getting any symptoms checked by a doctor immediately. If I go into work with a cold or very mild flu, they'd face exactly the same threat from a bus journey, or spending a night in a bar, or even going to a supermarket.

Would you guys still go to work sick if one of your coworkers had AIDS and thus a weakened immune system?

Yes. It's more than likely they are already taking safeguards to stop them catching an infection anyway, and are probably very conscious about getting any symptoms checked by a doctor immediately. If I go into work with a cold or very mild flu, they'd face exactly the same threat from a bus journey, or spending a night in a bar, or even going to a supermarket.

Yeah that post stinks of ignorance about what it is to have AIDs and the treatments. (Meaning dark lord not ginger)

If you followed that logic through you are essentially suggesting someone with AIDs should live in a sealed off bubble environment because everything is a heightened threat to their health (which is not an accurate assumption with modern medications).

I'd be more likely to stay away from work in a colleague was having chemotherapy, however, as that genuinely does leave like 0 immune system to work with. Though I suspect someone in that situation might be one to take sick leave over the winter period as a matter of self preservation, and this is of course assuming they are one of the few that isn't so down trodden by side effects they can't really work anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I guess I'm a sociopath. I seriously and honestly don't care one bit about infecting other people with a cold. (A deadly virus would be a different matter and ridiculous to even compare) It just doesn't come up as a pro or con to 'should i go in and make some money/not hurt chances at promotion?'

This probably stems from actual knowledge on viruses. A huge amount of the contagious ones are carried and spread by people that don't show any symptoms themselves, which doesn't justify spreading it, but makes it literally inevitable if it's spreading around town in a large office full of daily subway users. And as long as you're aware of your illness and don't sneeze into people's faces, they're not going to catch anything. (And even if you do, the chance of their immune system not fighting it off is microscopic)

CNqWHdA.jpg

I guess I'm a sociopath. I seriously and honestly don't care one bit about infecting other people with a cold. (A deadly virus would be a different matter and ridiculous to even compare) It just doesn't come up as a pro or con to 'should i go in and make some money/not hurt chances at promotion?'

This probably stems from actual knowledge on viruses. A huge amount of the contagious ones are carried and spread by people that don't show any symptoms themselves, which doesn't justify spreading it, but makes it literally inevitable if it's spreading around town in a large office full of daily subway users. And as long as you're aware of your illness and don't sneeze into people's faces, they're not going to catch anything. (And even if you do, the chance of their immune system not fighting it off is microscopic)

I think the same. Seriously, Americans are very sensitive over common sicknesses. They either get way too sick or worry much about them. I only get sick like once or twice a year and I don't give a damn about them.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think the same. Seriously, Americans are very sensitive over common sicknesses. They either get way too sick or worry much about them. I only get sick like once or twice a year and I don't give a damn about them.

I think Japan may be worse on that. When a friend is sick with a cold in America we think "Eh, he'll be back in a day or two". In Japan, they go to their sick friend's house to give them fruit.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I work at Wal-mart, and we are allowed 3 sick days for a rolling six month period. I do believe in taking the days off you need to, but sometimes it can't be helped. The only time I have called is was when I had the flu, not a one day flu, but an all out week of the flu. That would knock anyone one on their ass. If you have a head cold or chest cold and just don't feel like going to work you should. You never know when you will the those sick days. Just carry hand sanitizer with you and have your nasal spray and cough drops to make your day a little bit more bearable. In terms of infecting people with a cold or some other alment, I tend to starte away from people unless I need to talk to them and use hand sanitizer like it was going out of style.

School I try my best to go as much as possible, even if I am sick. I did miss my last final though last semester because I caught a one day flu plus bronchatis that really made it impossible for me to do my music jury. If I have a cold...normally I will allow my self to miss the first class of the day to get some extra sleep, then go to school whenever the second class starts. In middle school and high school I only missed like 8 days because of being sick. In high school I am remember correctly I missed one my sophomore year for flu like symptoms and one my senior year for the flu on the day before spring break. Again on infecting people during school I use the same method, just stay away from people unless I need to contact them and use hand sanitizer as much as possible.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Unless there is a specific reason, such as financial problems, you should always take a sick day if you are ill. Not only can it be unfair on other employees, not resting and giving your body the chance to fight off the bug and recover the illness will go on for much longer.

Also it depends where you work, I work in the IT industry as of present but I used to work in a Mental Health Hospital. If I had sickness I had to be off for at least 48 hours after the symptoms had cleared. This was legally enforced and it is the same with my partner, who works in Child Care. She constantly gets up and gets ready for work when she is ill only to be sent home due being to sick to work there. This isn't only bad for her, it is unfair for the children who are far more suscetible to catching the sickness.

You just need to think about what it is that is causing you to feel ill, I would go into work with a cold or earache for example, but since I work with computers if I'm suffering from headaches I would not go in as I could not concentrate and staring at a screen will only make it much worse.

luke%20of%20w79.png

Unless there is a specific reason, such as financial problems, you should always take a sick day if you are ill. Not only can it be unfair on other employees, not resting and giving your body the chance to fight off the bug and recover the illness will go on for much longer.

Also it depends where you work, I work in the IT industry as of present but I used to work in a Mental Health Hospital. If I had sickness I had to be off for at least 48 hours after the symptoms had cleared. This was legally enforced and it is the same with my partner, who works in Child Care. She constantly gets up and gets ready for work when she is ill only to be sent home due being to sick to work there. This isn't only bad for her, it is unfair for the children who are far more suscetible to catching the sickness.

You just need to think about what it is that is causing you to feel ill, I would go into work with a cold or earache for example, but since I work with computers if I'm suffering from headaches I would not go in as I could not concentrate and staring at a screen will only make it much worse.

I've actually recently applied for a job in child services and the illness thing was a huge put off. I generally don't get ill but when I'm ill, as you'll see from previous comments in this thread, i like to bear it out anyway. I really can't stand the idea of staying off for a week because i have a mild flu. The job i applied for seems mostly clerical though so perhaps i can just avoid human contact if I'm lucky.

CNqWHdA.jpg