How to Decant your (1-4) Dose Flasks!

Ren

This is a slight tip, if not a guide, on how to decant doses 1 to 4 of any potion in flasks.

I started out with Prayer flasks (doses 1 to 4, top of the picture), and three (4) dose Prayer potion vials, plus a (2) to make even flask doses at the end.

You may use any dose of potion vial you want, I just used (4) and (2) as an example.

pf11.png

Step one: Begin filling (6) flasks as you would normally, with your 1-4 dose flasks of the same potion type in your inventory.

pf22.png

Use your empty flask on a Prayer potion vial, and then choose the number of (6) flasks you'd like to have.

pf44.png

About 3-12 seconds later, depending on number of flasks, your inventory should look something like this if done correctly:

pf55.png

Voila, you just decanted all those pesky (1-4) dose Overloads and Prayer renewals you were complaining about for 2 weeks.

It does NOT save flasks that the potions were in, and it will not work on potion flasks doses 5 or 6, because they are not equal to what a regular potion vial can hold. You can only end up with (6) dose flasks, not less. If you do not have enough doses for a (6) dose flask, including a max of one (4) dose flask, you will not fill the empty flask to (6).

I have not tried to use empty flasks on (1-4) dose flasks with no other potion vials in the inventory, so try it and see if it works. Though I doubt it will.

This is a guide purely to help reduce bank slots used, and make it worth saving your random dose flasks instead of emptying/dropping/letting them rot. I hope it helped anyone reading :).

If you find anymore info on this, feel free to post it and get your name on my thread, plus your info/correction.

Credits: Wubstep Drop/Ren (me)

553VriC.png?1

I may not have a massive amount of use for flasks since I don't boss hunt, but this is a good guide, Rend :) you did well, I know there's a few people out there who were just tossing their 1-5 dose flasks since they really couldn't use them before. Hopefully they'll stumble across this guide.

If I ever get into boss hunting more, I'll no doubt be using this, since my bank is a horrible mess and I need all the space I can get lol.

Link_Olaran.png

Now it's going to get patched. :P

No way do I see it being patched. It still destroys flasks the 1-4 doses were in, and uses brand new flasks for the other potions. This just makes it easier for players to use their wasteful-inv-slot doses, or clear bank space.

EDIT: Also, it was intentional, otherwise you could do it with (5) too. At least that's what I think.

553VriC.png?1