Possibly returning; what should I know?

Moved this to a more appropriate forum; welcome. :smile:

Reposting this:

TheKoolKandy wrote this really great summary of the largest updates in the past year or so.

As for new armor, we have torva, virtus, and pernix for melee, mage, and range respectively. Then we have rapier and maul for melee weps, chaotic crossbow for range, Polypore staff, chaotic staff, and Armadyl Battlestaff for mage.

And Jagex added a new slot, for auras, that can be purchased with points that are accumulated from successive months of membership.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

If I were you, I'd poke around the General Discussion forum and other areas of the RS community to get a basic grasp on the culture. As for more detailed questions, you may want to ask in H&A since a lot of experts and veteran players hang out there and are essentially walking knowledge fountains.

It might help if I knew your stats and overall situation to give you personal suggestions since details give a clearer insight for those wishing to answer your questions. If you do fully return, allow me to say "Welcome back". :P

Thanks Paul for moving the thread, and alright. I don't seem to be on the hiscores anymore, otherwise I'd link that. It was never anything terribly impressive, only combat 95ish, but I really enjoyed doing the quests and figured that there would be a healthy amount by now that I hadn't done. I recall one of the only ones I hadn't done was Devious Minds (and Swan Song).

Ahh whoops, I just added in the link to Kandy's list; I forgot that copy-pasting quotes doesn't carry over the links.

And Jagex removed f2p from the hiscores earlier this year, so that is why you are no longer on them. :( There have been quite a few good quests that have come out in the past few years (in reverse chronological order):

1. One Piercing Note
  2. Ritual of the Mahjarrat
  3. Do No Evil
  4. Love Story
  5. Nomad's Requiem
  6. Temple at Senntisten
  7. While Guthix Sleeps
  8. Summer's End

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Also, if it helps you, Tip has a nice Friend's Chat if you feel lonely or bored: Serpent Eye. The people in the chat can get you up to speed in the game while you play, and they're a nice bunch to converse with while you play. :)

With 95 or so combat, you still have plenty of options to work with considering the size of the game. As for the quests, there is a nice ocean of them for you to swim in, and you will find they improved immensely with their storylines since you were gone. :P

Go take a tour around the desolate runescape landscape these days and count the number of bots versus the number of real people you find...and then ask yourself if it's worth the now increased membership cost to come back to a game filled with mostly cheaters and farmers and a few die hards.

And yes, this is after the greatly publicized bot nuke.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Go take a tour around the desolate runescape landscape these days and count the number of bots versus the number of real people you find...and then ask yourself if it's worth the now increased membership cost to come back to a game filled with mostly cheaters and farmers and a few die hards.

And yes, this is after the greatly publicized bot nuke.

Its way better than it was 9 months ago. I can still find all kinds of interesting players who make the game fun and enjoyable.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014