Got report problem here

Jack 0.5

Well people, this is the thing, I go to G.E, sell my stuff, and I watch people saying "Selling membership".Got 2 questions about this,Should I report them?In which option should I report them?

please help me

I am learning :-|

safety-forum.jpg

Well with most things spammed in the ge, they're highly likely to be rule-breaking things and you'd report 'em under scamming.

Unless you have evidence that they are indeed scamming, you should not report for scamming. In this instance, it is clear that they are encouraging RWT by selling real items (membership PINs) for ingame currency (GP or items) thus reportable under Encouraging Rule Breaking (since there is no longer an option to report for RWTing its self). The other option that I posted (disruptive behaviour) is the most commonly suggested rule to report for if you're unsure because it ensures Jagex looks into the context, rather than seeing 'oh, this person did not trade anyone thus could not have scammed' without looking at anything else.

My biggest problem is with the "doublers", you cannot report them for scamming yet they are most likely a scammer. What option do you report them under?

Well, just saying that they are doubling is not breaking any rules. However there are a few things you can often report them for;

Disruptive behaviour - this is often called the 'spam rule'. A lot of the time doublers either use autospamers or type the exact same thing hundreds of times in a row in hopes of attracting a person or two. If they are flooding the chatbox, I report for this.

Scamming - Simply saying 'doubling' is not scamming, but often said things are reportable for scamming such as demanding the double be done in two trades.

Encouraging rule breaking - If they claim to have hacks / bots / cheats I occasionally report for this (depending on the context and wording, it can also be done under disruptive behaviour, exploiting a bug, etc). It's pretty rare to see people claim this now, but I do see it.

I guess the sale of membership PINs doesn't fall under "Account buying/selling" (anymore)? I thought I remembered reading to report it as such at some point.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.