Waterfiends

VonMedo

Is it worth using turm on them or should I switch back to piety? Ignore soul split i won't use it

Is gano good for them? I was thinking gano + range pray

What's a good weapon? I only have rapier but can buy z spear if it's better

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

When I kill Wfs for familiarization or slayer, I take:

void, zammy spear on crush (+ ext att/str)

eee and uni for healing (and a little food just in case)

pray piety only

Its not bad. There is definitely room for improvement, but praying range/mage is not completely necessary for good armor.

I've never seen Sixth Sense nor Inception nor many other popular movies and I intend to keep it that way.

Personally myself, I'v started using this set up for slayer tasks:

Full slayer helm

Fury

SW cape

Karil's top

Karil's skirt

Dragon defender

Dragon boots

Tokkul-Zo

Reverence Aura

Goliath gloves

Goliath gloves, as you may already know, are strong and fast with an invisible strength bonus of around +82 and have speed of a whip. They use crush attacks, which are what Waterfiends are weak to. I personally prefer them over any other crush weapon at wf's.

Usually bring 2 extreme attacks, strengths and around 10-12 ppots, along with Eee and unicorns scrolls, along with a unicorn pouch to summon when I find a decent world.

I use turm, which helps speed up the task a lot, and I only really need to heal with a unicorn, or in certain circumstances, I may use soulsplit just when the unicorn's special has to recharge.

EDIT:

I just noticed you don't have 88 Summoning for a unicorn, so taking a bunyip and some of it's scrolls, Swallow Whole, may be a nice idea due to the raw sharks and lobsters that Waterfiends usually drop :)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Z spear (or goliath gloves with no wep if you have it), Pray turmoil, extreme set potions, and flash soul split. Use a bunyip familiar. Waterfiend's range attack is based on mage defense, so Gano should work great there. You won't need pro ranged all the time. (But if you do, just use it and flash ss when you need health, then go back to ranged)

With a unicorn you could survive without ranged pray or ss at all. But turmoil is definitely worth the prayer, as it will have a huge impact on kills. With gano, you should even be able to just flash ss with turmoil and not need much food (especially considering your str and attack levels). CMaul would be good if you had it too, but not as good as goliath gloves.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Piety gives you more accuracy and the same strength bonus as turmoil on waterfiends. Use piety if you're not using soulsplit.

But why do you insist on not using soulsplit in the first place? You can easily outheal all damage by just leaving soulsplit on, even in dhide, so i really see no reason not to use it.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Is it worth using turm on them or should I switch back to piety? Ignore soul split i won't use it

Use turm. Nevermind, Powerfrog's right.

Is gano good for them? I was thinking gano + range pray

Gano is overkill for it. Use elite void (black d'hide if you don't have it) or karils.

What's a good weapon? I only have rapier but can buy z spear if it's better

Goliaths > cmaul > sara sword > zspear I think. SS and Zspear are same speed but SS has more strength.

hzvjpwS.gif