VIrus scanning an iPad

Thai_tong

For reasons which I do not want to give out I think I may have a virus on my iPad. Though I realise that viruses for non-windows operating systems are rare I am almost certain it was not from an Virus on my laptop.

The only idea I was was to look at the list of anti Virus apps but they are all at least a year out of date. It is an iPad 1 if that makes any difference.

I would appreciate any advice you could give :)

Viruses for Apple stuff aren't as rare as they used to be, and not as rare as Apple makes it out to be.

That said, what makes you think that you have a virus on it? Maybe it's just become slow? Or maybe it's Apple Themselves that slow it down so you buy the new one.

Or maybe it's Apple Themselves that slow it down so you buy the new one.

I don't like apple any more than the rest, but this is a pretty ridiculous claim...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That said, what makes you think that you have a virus on it?

Someone got a hold of my apple id and password and I never use it on the laptop. Though its possible they got my email password from the laptop and recovered with that.

That said, what makes you think that you have a virus on it?

Someone got a hold of my apple id and password and I never use it on the laptop. Though its possible they got my email password from the laptop and recovered with that.

Did you get sent an email from Apple some time this year, asking if you had changed your password?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

That looks like a phishing email to me. The email wasn't from Apple.

Looks like you're going to have to go through the steps to reset your password.

It's a phising email. I got the exact some one too, and no one in my family had changed it.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I'm not saying that we can tell from the screenshot that the email is genuine, but there is not enough information there to be certain that it is not.

I agree, there isn't enough information on a screenshot, but I usually take these kind of emails as phishing attemps unless proven otherwise, which is what you did in your post.

Password acquired with no other way I can see of getting it.

Is your iPad Jailbroken, and if so have you installed any sketchy packages on it? Unjailbroken iOS is pretty much invulnerable to viruses.

How safe was your password? If you've used the email/pass combo anywhere else, or if you have a common password someone could have got into your account that way.

Sorry to interrupt here, but:

? Unjailbroken iOS is pretty much invulnerable to viruses.

This is what Apple wants you to think. They have a few viruses, and they're not as rare as people think nowadays, but while Apple is implementing some security features, they don't want people to know that their OSes are starting to get attacked more often by viruses.