Does box staking always end in getting cleaned long term?

Anon523

From my experience I always get cleaned if I stay too long. I turned 100m into 500m once and still ended up getting cleaned.

Is it possible to stay there long term without getting cleaned (while still making money)? I enjoy box staking but it always ends badly for me.

Well statistically it's you VS every other staker. You have >0.001% of the total wealth involved, total loss is almost inevitable if you don't stop. (The alternative being every other staker loses to you or stops staking)

If you have better odds (first hit, perfect style switches, never lag) and do (relative to your bank) small stakes, you can make a consistent profit that while technically won't go forever, will seem like it. But consistently getting these better odds isn't always under your control.

CNqWHdA.jpg

No.

There's so many Boxers out there who haven't been cleaner and are a far, far way from being cleaned unless they decide to stake ~100b in one go. You can easily make a living off Boxing, and i do mean a living. Many people i know make 3 - 4b a week with great ease.

Staking of any kind can make great money BUT even if you succeed for weeks or months there is the inevitability you will lose, a lot, in the long term.

Happened to a friend of mine, made a great living off it got to near max cash pile over course of a few months (along the way he probably lost twice as much though) but then he got utterly cleaned. Why? He'd been winning so much he lost the sense to walk away and assumed his luck would turn around again; but it did not and he ended up with like 100k left to his name.

Whether you get cleaned is subject to you being able to quit while you are ahead and being able to put money aside and not using it to stake, ever.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Staking of any kind can make great money BUT even if you succeed for weeks or months there is the inevitability you will lose, a lot, in the long term.

Happened to a friend of mine, made a great living off it got to near max cash pile over course of a few months (along the way he probably lost twice as much though) but then he got utterly cleaned. Why? He'd been winning so much he lost the sense to walk away and assumed his luck would turn around again; but it did not and he ended up with like 100k left to his name.

Whether you get cleaned is subject to you being able to quit while you are ahead and being able to put money aside and not using it to stake, ever.

That's small potatoes.

Technically, no. One instance of someone not being cleaned would make the question you asked answerable with a no.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Theoretically you will end up where you started in the long run. However, once you get below a certain amount of money, it becomes harder to recuperate and you eventually get cleaned.

you only get cleaned if your stupid about it. if youre losing consistently then stop. once you get far enough ahead then you should stop too.

theres no "theorectically you will get cleaned", why would you? theres no theorectical reason for it, other than speculation

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

you only get cleaned if your stupid about it. if youre losing consistently then stop. once you get far enough ahead then you should stop too.

theres no "theorectically you will get cleaned", why would you? theres no theorectical reason for it, other than speculation

Which is why no-one said that.

They only mention of theoretical was you should end up where you started; which is basic statistical odds.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I should add betting to my staking simulator and see what happens.

I ran some numbers on the first hit thing and you could technically safely make trillions by staking 1/100th of your bank everytime, with only a 3% advantage. I think the main problem is having the patience to continue small stakes and not be tempted to gamble. I'm somewhat tempted to try it when I'm max combat + wealthy enough for the 1/100th of my bank to add up fast enough to warrant the time wasting to ensure first hits :P

But please do. Because that would be awesome. Maybe I'll become more addicted to the simulator and stop playing runescape.

CNqWHdA.jpg

As t->∞, the odds of you having less gp than when you started approaches 100%.

This of course assumes that you will stake no matter what you are at. If you can stop yourself from staking when you get under, say, 100m, you would obviously never get to 0m.

I've met dozens of stakers who say they are "smart" and never "rage stake". I've met others who set aside a portion of their winnings and "will never stake that". Invariably both groups are unable to control themselves and end up getting cleaned.