I have problems

Hawks

Problem #1: Can't find stop/refresh buttons to place in toolbar next to forward/back buttons. I'm probably just dumb, but I looked in the customize toolbars thingy already and they're not there. I have all the toolbars on - menu, navigation, add-ons, and bookmarks. EDIT: sorry it's ff12 on windows 7 home something.

Problem #2: Internet is super slow. is this possibly due to the fact that I am also using the network to copy files from another computer to this one? (got a laptop for graduation, currently copying music files and gimp settings over to the laptop through homegroup/network sharing.

notaproblem #3: Applications I should download? Already have GIMP, Firefox, InkScape, Skype, CCleaner, and Norton (they paid for it after all).

1) even if you go to 'restore default set' under customize?

2) not sure about this one.. I would imagine that it is not helping, but please call me out on this

3) Microsoft Security Essentials is very good...most people are anti-Norton it seems.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Problem one is fixed, thanks Lord Paul - that did it for whatever reason, even though it wasn't like that originally... Oh cabbage, they're gone again! <_<

appear when I'm customizing the toolbar but then it adds it to the back of the address bar. dumb.

edit again: mkay, fixed it - put 'em in front of the address bar!

Problem #1: Can't find stop/refresh buttons to place in toolbar next to forward/back buttons. I'm probably just dumb, but I looked in the customize toolbars thingy already and they're not there. I have all the toolbars on - menu, navigation, add-ons, and bookmarks. EDIT: sorry it's ff12 on windows 7 home something.

Problem #2: Internet is super slow. is this possibly due to the fact that I am also using the network to copy files from another computer to this one? (got a laptop for graduation, currently copying music files and gimp settings over to the laptop through homegroup/network sharing.

notaproblem #3: Applications I should download? Already have GIMP, Firefox, InkScape, Skype, CCleaner, and Norton (they paid for it after all).

Can't help with number one, sry. But I'd suggest Google Chrome, it's easy to set the toolbar.

#2 - There are many reasons why you have a slow internet connection, but transferring files isn't going to help, if you've got a memory stick, or even a disk, to transfer files manually, I know it's a ball ache but...

#I'd give spybot a go too. It's much more than you think, plus Norton is much less than you think.

My link

However, there will be techies on the board that will offer better help, if they reply. But spybot and Kasperski works for me.

CJ

Cultjunky.png

In recent firefox stop and refresh merge into the address bar (but should still appear beside it when you go to edit/customise toolbars)

At the right hand end of url box (but still within it) you should have an x to click when stuff is loading (stop) and the loopy arrow thing when stuff is not loading (refresh)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Refesh is at the end of the url bar (theres a star, a dropdown arrow and then the refresh button). Alternatively, you can use F5

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

You can stop the back/forward buttons from merging by placing another icon between them. I put home and favourites on opposite sides of the address bar, and the back/forward and refresh buttons became stand alone buttons again.

Microsoft Security Essentials is probably better than Norton, even though you paid for it. I recommend having Malwarebytes installed to do the occasional scan with, it can sometimes pick up things other AVs can't.