Protect Other From...... (prayer suggestion)

evildestruction

Protect Other from melee/ range/magic.

would be handy, ex: your friend gets attacked by a player/monster then you could pray to protect your friend from melee range or mage, it would cost only YOU prayer points, and wher used against players, it is like the normal protect prayers, 50%.

and the levels....... absolutely NO idea, but not to UBER high, or too low(at least higher then the normal protect prayers).

no spam please.

no flaming, unless constructive(shows WHY its bad, ect, ect).

wont be long on forums... school coming up and now on my computer clock: 3:11, so thats EXTREMELY late(of where I live...).

suggestions of how to IMPROVE THIS would also be helpfull.

---edits---

- can be only used on friends(so you dont use it accidently on your FOE! or random player nearby).

- can only be used on people if they want it, like tele-other.

- IF USED THE PERSON CANT USE PROTECT PRAYERS HIM/HERSELF(only other stuff, i repeat, not protection from melee/range/magic himself).

- TO USE IT, click on the prayer icon(whatever icon it could ever be...) and click on the player then, like using magic!

Known in-game as Mister evil9(lvl 93)(P2P).

Modding gta2(making maps, scripts,editing it).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

well, for one thing, they can't have their own protect prayer on if this was to be used. Also, make the prayer requirements like in the 90's, along with a difficult quest. Also, the prayer might serve to be weaker than normal; that is, perhaps it only prevents damange in non wildy areas 50% of the time, and in the wildy it reduces damange by maybe 30% rather than 50% (i think it reduces damage in wildy, not too sure tho. I do know the effect is different in PvP).

well, for one thing, they can't have their own protect prayer on if this was to be used. Also, make the prayer requirements like in the 90's, along with a difficult quest. Also, the prayer might serve to be weaker than normal; that is, perhaps it only prevents damange in non wildy areas 50% of the time, and in the wildy it reduces damange by maybe 30% rather than 50% (i think it reduces damage in wildy, not too sure tho. I do know the effect is different in PvP).

could be usefull, trough i think in the 90's is just a little too far, maybe around the 80's?

trough a... difficult quest could do, and that the player cant protect his/her self with a protect prayer, it being weaker then a protection prayer for own use could do... nicest construcive criticsm ive seen in a LONG while...

EDIT: logging out... i need my (very short) sleep, and before that probaly going to play with my GBA(witch i have a new game for).

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

The quest involved could open up a plethora of new support prayers. The cleric class needs to make a comeback. Screw the triangle, lets get a Pentagon in here.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

If they're using protect X already, then you shouldn't be allowed to protect them again. Otherwise, you could get people just tanking at training spots/fight pits/castle wars etc if you could have multiple protections.

It's feasible, though, when you look at tele-other.

I don't like this idea, Imagine what it would do to monsters that use dual attacks in single zones. You could go there with a friend get it so the monster is only attacking you and then while you pray one protect prayer he prays another.

There would have to be some limitations for this to work.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

then it would b easer for pures to do harder things, like in desert treasure the pure could b killing the monster and his friend could b using the prayer and sence that pure had no pray lvls, they would have a lower cb lvl and woule OWN more ppl in the wildy :D

Guest AshKaYu
The quest involved could open up a plethora of new support prayers. The cleric class needs to make a comeback. Screw the triangle, lets get a Pentagon in here.

YESSSSSSSSSS! In all video games, I play the Priest. I was kinda sad that they're really is no advantage to having 99 prayer(WHICH I DO NOT HAVE), but they're is for Magic/Melee/Range.

A couple things.

• * How would you designate the person to be protected?

* A prayer level in the 80s doesn't have to be required. Instead, have it at late 60s, with the prayer only acting like wilderness protects, i.e. 50% protection. (rather like Indizle said)

* I agree with how it prevents the player from using his/her own protects. However, this might be used as a weapon in wilderness (ex. a mage attacks someone and prays "protect other from ranged"). As a solution, the "prot oth" prayer can be overridden by the player's own protect if the player prays a different protect.

* Any ideas for images? Perhaps the same image they have now, just two of them crossed?

Might have more later. We definately need more prayers.

P.S. evildestruction - Can you add an 'h' to "trowing" in your sig? It's driving me crazy. :P

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo denuo.

newscapere4.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

It would be sweet to use this in the kalphite cave. just bring 2 praynoobs and pretect yourself and now you got near 100% safty from kalphite atacks. But jagex hasent realy been making any good updates to combate so its never gona come.

A couple things.

• * How would you designate the person to be protected?

* A prayer level in the 80s doesn't have to be required. Instead, have it at late 60s, with the prayer only acting like wilderness protects, i.e. 50% protection. (rather like Indizle said)

* I agree with how it prevents the player from using his/her own protects. However, this might be used as a weapon in wilderness (ex. a mage attacks someone and prays "protect other from ranged"). As a solution, the "prot oth" prayer can be overridden by the player's own protect if the player prays a different protect.

* Any ideas for images? Perhaps the same image they have now, just two of them crossed?

Might have more later. We definately need more prayers.

P.S. evildestruction - Can you add an 'h' to "trowing" in your sig? It's driving me crazy. :P

*edited the first post a little, player is chosen like using a magic spell.

* also could do... trough the higher lv it is hopefully the higher it defends(for if it needs a higher lv)...

*why not?

*maybe some image for the player who does the prayer himself and one for the player who's defended by the prayer

no idea if there needs to be a "h" in "trowing" im not fully english, and dont go too crazy on 1 mistake(?) :twisted: .

On world 54 mostly.

Made a nice GTA2 site!

A little in-active...

• 1 month later...
Guest AshKaYu
It would be sweet to use this in the kalphite cave. just bring 2 praynoobs and pretect yourself and now you got near 100% safty from kalphite atacks. But jagex hasent realy been making any good updates to combate so its never gona come.

Nah, only one prayer at a time, remember? That would be so unfair >< .

Not a bad idea, but they would have to put some restrictions on it.

Such as no using it in the duel arena! You could have no prayer at all but have a friend in a fake duel guard you during your real duel. If you have both of those people using protect other, thats three times the prayer points.

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg