Is it possible for me to do Fight Caves?

battlerifel

I was looking into maybe trying to get a fire cape. I know that I will need to practice and most likely will not get it on my first try, but I was wondering what stats I would need and what type of equipment. I do not have very much money, so the very high end gear will not be available for me, not to mention that my stats probably aren't high enough...

Do you have any advice as to what I need to get or for any tips during the actual fight caves?

Thanks in advance!

Battlerifel.png

Battlerifel.png

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508

My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

You should be just fine with the stats you have. What sort of equipment do you have to work with? The hardest part about the Jad fight is knowing the prayers and when to switch. Healers aren't that big of a deal once you watch a youtube video and learn how to dispose of them.

K9oz.png

Currently hold the rank of 'Honoured' Member in OTG.

Some pretty impressive player vs monster achievements.

I've had fifty two sigils since release of corporeal beast.

I've had sixty three drops from Nex in under six months.

Close to 3 billion gold from doing player vs monster.

Just look up some of the pre-2010 methods and you'll be fine

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

youll be fine, bring flasks :)

"Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances."

Benjamin Franklin

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Albert Einstein

G%20I%20Jackass.png

G_I_Jackass.png

He has the stats to melee it just fine.

Yes, but for a first-timer to the fight caves kiting the 360s and prayer swapping to melee for jad might be difficult or lead to death. Ranged or magic is probably safer to go with. He says he most likely won't get it on his first try (I believe most of us didn't). There's no need to further complicate it with another prayer switch.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Yeah meleeing the caves your first time almost guarantees failure.

I did the caves with 72 ranged (before the Fight Caves tasks were introduced). It would be beneficial for you to get the Caves as a task on a serious attempt. You can check out Muggi's Fight Caves guide for some advice on gear and inventories (might be a bit outdated though).

Your biggest obstacle will probably be killing jad (prayer switching, dealing with healers, etc). Your stats are good enough.

Id recommend following Muggi's guide, but swap out the crystal bow and stuff for more modern equipment.

• Like 1

I did mine at 70 Ranged, 70 Defence, and 60 Prayer, old-school style. Here was my setup:

Verac's Helm, Black D'hide Top, Verac's Plateskirt, Rune Crossbow, Snakeskin Boots, Archer Ring, Amulet of Fury, Ava's Accumulator, Barrows Gloves, Unholy Book.

I brought Broad bolts and switched to Diamond (e) for Jad. I did it without flasks, so that should make your life a lot easier.

Some tips:

- I died once because the healers just hit too hard on me and I ran out of brews. After that, I brought Blessed Spirit Shield and I switched to that while tanking the healers. It also came in handy while tanking the 90s, but with your higher Defence level, this might not be necessary.

- Find a recent video of Jad and memorize his attack patterns. Keep calm and remember: switch prayer before doing else. Switch a prayer, drink one dose, switch prayer, hit a healer, switch prayer, do something, switch prayer, etc.

- If you get hit, do NOT panic Brew, this is death. Make sure you switch prayer, and drink a dose in between prayer switches.

- When the healers come, switch to Long Range to hit them all. I once used Rapid and the healers were too far away, and I got lured into Jad's melee range...

- Make an awesome music playlist. When you do the Fight Caves with Ranged, it takes forever...

- Don't bring Guthan's

My inventory was the Diamond (e) bolts, Blessed spirit shield, 3 Range potion (4), 6 Saradomin brew (4), 6 Super restore (4), the rest Prayer potion (4). Holy wrench might help, definitely bring flasks even though you probably won't need them.

About the waves themselves:

- Find a safespot, trap everything, kill the 22s first

- After wave 31 or so, always have Protect from Magic on and attack the 90s first, they do the most damage to you and they can hurt

- Then hit the 360s to conserve prayer

- The 180s and 45s should be trapped, kill them next. If you have to tank a 45, no problem

On the second to last wave:

- Brew up to above your maximum health, super restore your stats back to normal, drink range potion

- I believe it's better to start with Protect from Ranged on

- Turn on Eagle Eye, it's quite helpful

- Switch to Diamond (e) bolts

- Turn off music, breathe deeply, recite in your head: switch prayer, switch prayer, switch prayer

- Don't be discouraged if you die

Yeah, I did the Fight Caves a long time ago and it's a lot easier now. Just go for it, even if you die, the experience is valuable.

I'd really get some whip to speed it up, and an enhanced excalibur is also very useful in long fights.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Well.... You should have one of those devices by now lol. They also give ranged bonus, so it is a win win situation. Offhand wise should either be unholy book, blessed spirit shield, or granite shield.