Got a Battle.net account (wow)? better change your password...

Mercifull

Battle.net, Blizzard's online service that stores data, financial, and other personal user information for games like Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft, has been compromised, according to Mike Morhaime, Blizzard's president.

"This week, our security team found an unauthorized and illegal access into our internal network here at Blizzard," Morhaime wrote on the company's website. "We quickly took steps to close off this access and began working with law enforcement and security experts to investigate what happened."

Morhaime explains that Blizzard has found "no evidence" that personal information such as credit card information, billing addresses, or users' real names were accessed. However, a list of Battle.net email addresses for users outside of China, the answer to a security question, and information regarding mobile and dial-in access were accessed.

Cryptographically scrambled versions of Battle.net passwords for players on North American servers were accessed. Although the passwords were encrypted, Morhaime recommends that players on these servers change their Battle.net passwords as well the same password used on any other service.

In the next few days, Blizzard will prompt North American users to change their security questions and answers, and mobile authenticator users will be prompted to update their software. Blizzard also posted an FAQ to address any remaining questions.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have a battle.net account but it's only for playing Warcraft 3 over the internet and occasionally updating the game. Not going to worry about it as it has no personal info attached to it for me.

Recovery question and answers were snagged as well so if you use them for anything else with the same email address or even username then you might want to consider changing it wherever necessary as well.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you can, you might want to post up a link to the original article that you copied that from. :idea:

On other notes, I know at least one person IRL that I'll have to tell about this. :?

~D. V. "I hate when this junk happens to other people..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)