Tweak to the censor...

Is there some way the censor can be tweaked slight so that Bot.w.a.t.ch is not partially bleeped due to the swear in the middle? Seeing as Jagex (from the livestream) has been calling the bot detection system by this name we kinda need to be able to write it. (In case it wasn't obvious I added the dots to avoid the censor)

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is true, but Jagex are using the name as a single word and as a single word the censor blocks part of it.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

We had the same issue when the Swanky Boots were released. I'm sure they'll adjust the censor to accommodate the new term soon.

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'm gonna +1 on wanting the censor updated. This should have been caught long before something like this could have happened. <_<

~D. V. "What the heck?!?!?" Devnull

(p.s.: If I could hit a like on my own post, I would have for this rare occasion! I don't normally use those buttons!)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

This should have been caught long before something like this could have happened. <_<

In that case, you're hired. Now please go through the censor and find every single instance of every word and compound words that have a swear word in them. I'll see you in 3 years. :lol: I'm teasing of course. But the thing is, it's generally not worth the time and effort to track these things down. It's and much easier to correct this on a case-by-case basis - especially since we didn't hear of the term "bot watch" until the live stream, and there was no way to know they weren't using it as two separate words! No preemption possible in this particular case, I'm afraid :P

I'll poke an admin about this, Sy. Thank you so much for pointing this out! :)

• Like 7

hzvjpwS.gif

Or we could just remove the censor entirely and not have this problem

Uhm... no... just NO... :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "We're not going to have foul language here!" Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

BOTWATCH, [bleep] yeah!

botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch botwatch..... ad nauseam et infinitum

Goes waste time googling for a master list of swear words contained within innocent words....

Edit:

Not much is coming up. Did get a really interesting read on tmesis and infixation though. It seems that wildcarding the censor is a tricky business. You do want to censor infixation, since it's straightforward enough to see that just placing [bleep] in the middle of any word is bypassing the censor. But, in the example of botwatch, you can't just use *[bleep]*

It's all a very interesting thought.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Woot. Thanks for the quick fix, Randox. :)

And, of course, to Kimberly for poking her about it. ;)

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...