Behind The Scenes 19: Two New Quests and Al Kharid Rework!

Tim

This week in Behind the Scenes, we meet Lead Designer Mod Mark, Content Developer Mod Srowley, Senior Narrative Designer Mod Osborne and Head of Audio Mod Lord to find out all about the loveable rogue Ozan who features in two brand-new quests, as well as what goes into producing awesome voice-overs, music and finding the perfect parrot!

All this - and more - coming to RuneScape soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxpO2Ymuvc&feature=player_embedded

Personally I'm really looking forward to it, finally getting the back story to the "signature heroes" and finding out more about them.

Popoto.~<3

Not very much new info about Al-Kharid, but interesting nonetheless. Not sure what they mean by the "first signature hero quest". We've already had Xenia in Blood Pact and Raptor in Wending Through the Willows (or whatever the hell the name was) as well as a few other less significant cameos.

The mention of the "new prayer training" towards the end got me excited. Hopefully this offsets the rise in price of dragon bones due to the bot nuke. Assuming bots aren't back within a week or two.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Hm, sounds interesting. But XP-wise, I'm more interested in the 'decent prayer xp' mentioned toward the end of the video.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'll miss Prince Ali Rescue. T'was fun touching Lady Keli's key.

Let's hope the prayer xp is not seasonal, seeing that the "Festival for the Dead" sounds like another Gielinor Games.

Hey nothing wrong with an excuse for 2m agility xp.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I read this post in the voice of the Brit who annoucned the first one.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Hm, sounds interesting. But XP-wise, I'm more interested in the 'decent prayer xp' mentioned toward the end of the video.

I call it at 250k.

Not very much new info about Al-Kharid, but interesting nonetheless. Not sure what they mean by the "first signature hero quest". We've already had Xenia in Blood Pact and Raptor in Wending Through the Willows (or whatever the hell the name was) as well as a few other less significant cameos.

The mention of the "new prayer training" towards the end got me excited. Hopefully this offsets the rise in price of dragon bones due to the bot nuke. Assuming bots aren't back within a week or two.

Maybe they expect that this will be the first signature hero quest that newer players come across. Kinda like how they kept adding Mahjarrat quests earlier in the storyline than those that already existed, so the "first" quest was actually more of a prequel to current players, but newer players would see it first.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Maybe they expect that this will be the first signature hero quest that newer players come across. Kinda like how they kept adding Mahjarrat quests earlier in the storyline than those that already existed, so the "first" quest was actually more of a prequel to current players, but newer players would see it first.

This would seem like a good theory, expect for Blood Fact which features Xeina, has no level requirements and can basically be considered a combat tutorial PLUS with the two week free members trial dumping you to burthorpe for the main tutorial you meet Lysa the smith already, all be it briefly.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Al Kharid looks great. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I'll miss Prince Ali Rescue. T'was fun touching Lady Keli's key.

Let's hope the prayer xp is not seasonal, seeing that the "Festival for the Dead" sounds like another Gielinor Games.

Hey nothing wrong with an excuse for 2m agility xp.

Exactly. Too bad it was seasonal ;) . It would be a shame if they did the same thing to the Festival of the Dead.

22031_s.gif