why do you play Runescape?

skitzOwns

Grinding.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I started playing because my sons played and I was looking for a computer game that we could play together. I continue playing because I have certain goals I would like to achieve before quitting, and it's a fun diversion.

I play because I enjoy it, it fills time, and I meet a lot of interesting people while playing.

Also, I like the very nice mix of competition, and chatting and the balance of low-apm and high-apm methods for everything.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I started playing because a couple of real-life friends from school were.

I kept playing after they left because I really enjoyed questing and had made quite a few good friends here, particularly in the TET team.

I quit because eventually the entire game felt like one long grind with little reward, especially as more and more of my friends left.

I still have one goal to achieve. This is getting a partyhat. I had initial goals to achieve 1337 total in f2p, this was really utopic at that time. Goal was perished in 2007 already. Now I have my ups and downs, trying to get more money. Still a long way to go, but that's no problem. Meantime i will probably train all my f2p skills to 99.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

I want a completionist's cape, and I want to finish my rare set. Perhaps I'll be able to get some sort of 'closure' on RS once I've achieved those, but I doubt it. It's simply an enjoyable way to spend your time.

Asmodean <3