6 Hour log. REMOVE IT!!!!

Bluud

I don't think its anything to do with protecting our health, but Jagex's way to protecting themselves. Someone is stupid and plays for days on end without break and ends up seriously ill or worse Jagex has a good moral ground if it goes to press that we log our players out after 6 hours to try and prevent players from playing the game that long. Jagex just covering their back really.

Guest Smelly Paws

^ I don't blame Jagex for doing it.  We live in a society where the general public refuses to take responsibility for themselves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst logging people in wildy fights is perhaps unwise the 6 hour log is definitely good and ought to say. After all sitting at a computer screen too long is bad for your health.

It does absolutely nothing to discourage long hours of play and serves no purpose for the user. It should most certainly be removed.

This. It is NOT Jagex's perogative to police how many hours people play. All this does is serve as an inconvenience to people.

4NIrZ.png

I agree with the previous points made concerning Wilderness fights and prior warning before autologging.

But in my opinion, you really should not be playing this game for six hours straight. It's not good for your health. I've never even managed to get six-hour-logged, and I play way more often than I should.

Yes, strange isn't it? These days you're some horrible noob if you only play for 6 hours, and it's considered perfectly normal and commonplace for people to play 6 hours a day (many play far more than that). Something like this would have been unimaginable just a few decades ago. The 6 hour log doesn't actually address it in any way. It only inconveniences you momentarily. If it, for example, made it so you could only play 6 hours maximum per day, that'd be a concrete step (though obviously that won't happen), but a mere trip to the lobby is nothing.

It doesn't boot you to the lobby.

It boots you to the LOGIN screen, and it won't let you log back in until you completely reload the page. It gives a "Your game session has now ended. Please refresh the page" error. It goes beyond a minor inconvenience.

If someone wants to neglect their health by playing 18 hours straight, fine, let them. As a developer, it is NOT YOUR BLOODY PLACE TO GIVE A SHIT.

Also, the problem is not that it is six-hours straight either-- it COUNTS TIME SPENT IN THE LOBBY. That is the worst part. You can play for three hours and then take a two hour break, leaving yourself AFK in the lobby. You come back and then you'll get booted after an hour. It's ****ing stupid. If you log to the lobby, it really needs to reset the timer.

4NIrZ.png

Guest Smelly Paws

This. It is NOT Jagex's perogative to police how many hours people play. All this does is serve as an inconvenience to people.

An inconvenience now stops the ability to sue later. 

That is a bullshit reason because no other game does this and you never read about anyone successfully suing any other game company for developing health problems due to no-lifing.

All they have to do is include a clause in their Terms of Agreement where, by agreeing to their terms and conditions, you as the customer accept that while it is recommend that you take breaks from playing at regular intervals you accept full responsibility for any harmful health effects resulting from prolonged sessions of gameplay.

4NIrZ.png

It has nothing to do with enforcing breaks, it has everything to do with updating the hiscores/game applet/maybe backup system, it's just badly implemented right now, as there is no warning. Still, how hard is it to reload your game when you feel the 5-6h mark coming up?

Don't read too much into it, it's just a convenient way for Jagex to do some administrative work. It really doesn't impact your gaming enough to count as a break.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It really isn't hard, I posted this as I was annoyed at the time. Smelly, they aren't doing it to stop people suing them, you realise that on world of warcraft some kid played it without eating/drinking/going to the toilet and he died. Did they get sued? No...

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Guest Smelly Paws

That is a bullshit reason because no other game does this and you never read about anyone successfully suing any other game company for developing health problems due to no-lifing.

All they have to do is include a clause in their Terms of Agreement where, by agreeing to their terms and conditions, you as the customer accept that while it is recommend that you take breaks from playing at regular intervals you accept full responsibility for any harmful health effects resulting from prolonged sessions of gameplay.

Terms and conditions are a 'way' of relinquishing that sort of responsibility.  However, nobody reads them.  

It really isn't hard, I posted this as I was annoyed at the time. Smelly, they aren't doing it to stop people suing them, you realise that on world of warcraft some kid played it without eating/drinking/going to the toilet and he died. Did they get sued? No...

There's a first time for everything.  Just because nobody has been sued as yet, you can really guarantee that someone isn't going to look at the gaming companies in the future?  Of course you can't.  The WOW kid case is a little more complex than that.

Quyneax could also be correct but I've not seen anything that points towards that.

Well apparently... http://www.oddee.com/Quickee_1097.aspx

but yeah, it is your own fault if you play it, not the company who runs the game.

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Terms and conditions are a 'way' of relinquishing that sort of responsibility.  However, nobody reads them.  

There's a first time for everything.  Just because nobody has been sued as yet, you can really guarantee that someone isn't going to look at the gaming companies in the future?  Of course you can't.  The WOW kid case is a little more complex than that.

Quyneax could also be correct but I've not seen anything that points towards that.

It does not matter if you read them or not. Did you not see the South Park episode spoofing that?

If you click "Accept" then you agree to their terms, regardless if you read them or not.

4NIrZ.png

Guest Smelly Paws

It does not matter if you read them or not. Did you not see the South Park episode spoofing that?

If you click "Accept" then you agree to their terms, regardless if you read them or not.

Yes, yes there are terms and conditions everywhere.  Life isn't as black and white as you're making this out to be.  It isn't enough to have terms and conditions and say that's your lot.  You have to abide by them as a company and demonstrate that you have done everything in your power to follow them through and put the interests of your gamers at heart.  Some might argue that companies don't do enough to prevent this.    It only takes one successful case to make this possible. Trust me, you'll see it not only in this industry but on-line gambling too.

• 9 months later...

The 6 hour log is still useful in some ways.  How would we keep any kind of 24 (30) hour records if people could stay logged in indefinitely?

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Maybe I'm noticing things wrong but I've gone past 6 hours many times. If I lobby at all though past 6 I have to reset my client

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Maybe I'm noticing things wrong but I've gone past 6 hours many times. If I lobby at all though past 6 I have to reset my client

You can only play 6 hours straight without lobbying; at 6 hours exactly it kicks you.  However, you can play for 5 hours, lobby, and then continue for another 6, as long as you don't lobby or drop connection during those 6 hours.  If you did, you would be immediately kicked to the login screen and have to reload the client.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You can only play 6 hours straight without lobbying; at 6 hours exactly it kicks you.  However, you can play for 5 hours, lobby, and then continue for another 6, as long as you don't lobby or drop connection during those 6 hours.  If you did, you would be immediately kicked to the login screen and have to reload the client.

I can confirm that this is not true at all!

I lobbied about an half an hour ago and got into the game again directly. I just got disconnected after the client has been open for approximately 6 hours. Yes, I just got kicked out of the game, while I was a half an hour in after last lobbied.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I can confirm that this is not true at all!

I lobbied about an half an hour ago and got into the game again directly. I just got disconnected after the client has been open for approximately 6 hours. Yes, I just got kicked out of the game, while I was a half an hour in after last lobbied.

So then you would be agreeing with what I said...?  Confused here.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I am saying that the 6h log is counted whether you recently logged or played all the way through or lobbied all the 6h long.

Whenever the client/browser is active for 6h, you get lobbied.

Aka if you play 5h then lobby and instantly get back into the game, you get lobbied after an hour.

If you played without lobbying, you would get kicked out after 6h.

If you logged in and lobbied for 6h, you would also get kicked out.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I am saying that the 6h log is counted whether you recently logged or played all the way through or lobbied all the 6h long.

Whenever the client/browser is active for 6h, you get lobbied.

Aka if you play 5h then lobby and instantly get back into the game, you get lobbied after an hour.

If you played without lobbying, you would get kicked out after 6h.

If you logged in and lobbied for 6h, you would also get kicked out.

Oh perhaps so, I'll test it again tonight and let you know in ~4.5 hours lol.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

It just happened to me, so I am pretty sure at that =3!

Account Help