'Unfortunate' Lag ?

TheLad1

I was expecting something else in the way of compensation for the players who could not be on to play without logging in until after midnight EST -- if they did at all -- in order to play. I will say though, it's better than the response we got from the tech support team, which I found patronizing. Still, that they acknowledged this at all and are working on optimization now alongside of infrastructure is a great thing. I'm happy to hear that as a player. Only a tiny bit disappointed. :P

I don't understand why everyone's complaining about this "delayed" start.

I don't see a lot of people complaining about the slight delay when compared to the people complaining about the game being unplayable between 7am and 10pm est.

hzvjpwS.gif

I guess I should have found this thread during the event. Oh well.

As a point of interest, the hardware behind the game servers are not equal across the board. I think it was easier to tell when they still listed location, but in general the highest quality servers are hosting the worlds that Jagex knows will be under the most load. Look for the worlds that host minigames, and the worlds that are on the same server (hence why this would be easier if you could see the location, though they can be located with the tracert command). Obviously, worlds that host instanced games don't count, because instanced worlds are on separate servers. This is probably part of why worlds with the same ping had drastically difference performance. I was on 62 for the whole thing because it was the best world our clan found (and I saw someone else mention that they had a great time on 63, which is probably the same physical server). With everyone being active, the server hardware probably matters more than the population or ping, within a certain bound.

82 on the other hand was a piece of garbage, doing the run-pause thing the entire time I believe.

• Like 2

I don't understand why everyone's complaining about this "delayed" start. I calculated that it would start at 5am Pacific, and I was able to start at... 5 am pacific.... I had to log out and log in after 5am to get it rolling but that was it.

I had zero issues starting. Why does everyone complain it didn't start on time? Did they misunderstand the starting time? Did they try to use the RS clock? (I believe that clock is off because it's still British Summer time right now and not GMT, which might be the complaint...)

It might have been something to do with the bit about posting "Bonus Xp weekend starts now!" as a stickied thread in Recent Updates an hour early.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Oh. Yea people should've used the actual time they mentioned... and ofcourse that post shouldn't have gone up early.. That makes some more sense.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

They mentioned in the livestream that they've been building up a 'war chest' from their RWT profits. I think upgrading all the servers to the quality of the French and German servers would be an excellent first investment of that cash.

Asmodean <3

They mentioned in the livestream that they've been building up a 'war chest' from their RWT profits. I think upgrading all the servers to the quality of the French and German servers would be an excellent first investment of that cash.

In what way are the French and German servers better quality? I always thought they were more stable because they get less activity on them.

• Like 1
22031_s.gif

You clearly don't understand the meaning of a 'war chest' if you think it's spent on relatively trivial investments such as server upgrades, unless there's some aspect of upgrading servers that combats RWT which I am not aware of. (I'm not a computer technology expert at all, but I can't see how...)

A 'war chest' in business refers to an amount of money specifically set aside to acquire resources in the event that something which may cause danger to the company's continued success arises, such as a sudden change in the economy which might threaten the company's financial health.