Skillers Aura

Kivak

A skillers aura available at Xuan's shop

What it would do.

Allow skillers to go into the wildy to skill, peng hunt, ect. without getting killed by pkers. When you wear the aura you couldn't attack or be attacked. It would have a time limit like all auras. I quit hunting pengs in the wildy because even though I had nothing they would kill me. Which I think is really lame not to mention cowardly, because if I came with weapons they would run, (I lag too bad to fight in the wildie) but that should be in rants lol.

What do you think of this idea? It would give higher combat skillers a break.

This is actually, a really good idea - I back this completely. Though I am glad you thought about the "can't be attack OR attack"; otherwise it could easily be exploited by PK'ers attacking without the other being able to retaliate - oops!

I think it could also be upgraded so to speak such that the player cannot be attacked by monsters, limited to specific areas of course. This would allow for similar intentions but perhaps for areas where lower levelled players ordinarily wouldn't dare venture but are now given the chance.

I for one have no desire to be a low levelled skiller, nor do I see the benefits. I do however realise there are many out there, and for them - this is ideal.

I quite like it though I'd have 2 slight additions:

1) Make people using the aura entirely invisible to pkers (but not to other users) - So people can't be douches whilst using it and taunt pkers.

2) Make it so you cannot hold any weapons (and maybe armour too) whilst using the aura - To stop people using it as a pk stealth tool.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Because I would never taunt a pker, I did not think of that it is a good idea.

We had a low level girl in our clan who used to run air orbs and was never attacked, because her only combat over 10 was hit points and magic. Because she was only a level 40 or 50 something by the old system most the punks that kill skillers were 60-80 They couldn't hit her. But me being a 80 at the time could be hit by them I usually tellied out. But it was irratating to walk all that way to get attacked by some glory seeker. I have nothing against liget pkers who fight other armed pkers or bots, but these punks that pick off skillers because they are easy make me mad.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. Wilderness is supposed to be dangerous. If you cant deal with it, don't go there.

What he said.

I'm not much of a PvP'er these days - but the risk element is there for a reason.

The trouble is in the old days people who WANTED risk would go to the wildy, people who did not would steer clear; even when a few odd skill bits were dumped in the majority had a sense of honour which meant un-armed skillers were left alone whilst the fighting was focussed on other pkers.

Now pking is all but dead and those there are take pleasure in attacking un-armed skillers who pose no challenge or threat to them simply to annoy them.

I agree wildy should be dangerous, but it should not be an artificial danger created by forcing unarmed skillers in there for honourless trolls to slaughter; it should be by finding ways to actually get pking going again.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

LOL. Wilderness is supposed to be dangerous. If you cant deal with it, don't go there.

What he said.

I'm not much of a PvP'er these days - but the risk element is there for a reason.

The trouble is in the old days people who WANTED risk would go to the wildy, people who did not would steer clear; even when a few odd skill bits were dumped in the majority had a sense of honour which meant un-armed skillers were left alone whilst the fighting was focussed on other pkers.

Now pking is all but dead and those there are take pleasure in attacking un-armed skillers who pose no challenge or threat to them simply to annoy them.

I agree wildy should be dangerous, but it should not be an artificial danger created by forcing unarmed skillers in there for honourless trolls to slaughter; it should be by finding ways to actually get pking going again.

The joy and honor of pking came from defeating an opponent who equally matched you in guts and risk. Killing un-armed skillers who mined rune rocks was only done by the desperate who were not strong enough to defeat even rune clad warriors, and made you as the killer look weak. There were gains from killing a skiller but was generally not worth it (5 rune rocks if that vs. all but the 3/4 best items as warrior had) other than to make you feel good when all you are is an ass.

The wild should be dangerous and skillers should beware of danger but the pride and rewards from pking with honor is dead. Thus, content for skillers out the is almost dead. If a skiller goes out there, he/she should be killed by the desperate, not by the strong who can hold their own against the better.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

What he said.

The joy and honor of pking came from defeating an opponent who equally matched you in guts and risk. Killing un-armed skillers who mined rune rocks was only done by the desperate who were not strong enough to defeat even rune clad warriors, and made you as the killer look weak. There were gains from killing a skiller but was generally not worth it (5 rune rocks if that vs. all but the 3/4 best items as warrior had) other than to make you feel good when all you are is an ass.

The wild should be dangerous and skillers should beware of danger but the pride and rewards from pking with honor is dead. Thus, content for skillers out the is almost dead. If a skiller goes out there, he/she should be killed by the desperate, not by the strong who can hold their own against the better.

Nonsense.

If it's in the wilderness - you can try and kill it for whatever loot that may be gotten.

Plain and simple.

There's nobody claiming you can't take armor with you if you go mining. Rune mining is still a fairly well-paying activity for those who venture there, with a junkload of worlds to hop (used to be different when I did it).

In RSC (long time ago, I know) I mined rune while wearing full rune.. surprised many pker's by taking them out.

If you find it annoying you die so easiliy, come prepared. Honor isn't worth anything in the game as it is today.

Vmser.png