Strange Bonus XP (Glitch?)

LinkOlaran

Going to keep this short, since I was in the middle of DG'ing.

I started playing RS around when The World Wakes was released, and thus started playing regularly again. I noticed, however, that I have bonus xp available for various skills - namely, Dungeoneering, Fishing, Thieving, Runecrafting. I figured at first that this was from some sort of promotional/event thing I missed in the past half a year, so I just ignored it and kept playing.

Except it hasn't gone away. I've gained well over 1M+ Dungeoneering XP since I started playing again, and it's still displaying that I have bonus XP remaining for it. Every floor I finish, it says I've used up all bonus XP for that skill, yet when I hover over it again in my skills tab, it says I still have more bonus XP remaining - different number every time, but never above 2K as far as I've seen. I've observed the XP splash at the end of the floor for DG experience, and it states I am gaining bonus XP eqivalent to what it said in the skills tab.

The other skills that display bonus XP do the same thing, as far as I've experienced. I could provide a screenshot if necessary, but it'd just display a before and after of my bonus XP from doing a floor.

Is this some form of weird glitch? Or is something else going on? Frankly, I'm not complaining (bonus XP is XP, after all...), but I'd like to know if this is a glitch and I should be attempting to contact Jagex to fix it.

Link_Olaran.png

Going to keep this short, since I was in the middle of DG'ing.

I started playing RS around when The World Wakes was released, and thus started playing regularly again. I noticed, however, that I have bonus xp available for various skills - namely, Dungeoneering, Fishing, Thieving, Runecrafting. I figured at first that this was from some sort of promotional/event thing I missed in the past half a year, so I just ignored it and kept playing.

Except it hasn't gone away. I've gained well over 1M+ Dungeoneering XP since I started playing again, and it's still displaying that I have bonus XP remaining for it. Every floor I finish, it says I've used up all bonus XP for that skill, yet when I hover over it again in my skills tab, it says I still have more bonus XP remaining - different number every time, but never above 2K as far as I've seen. I've observed the XP splash at the end of the floor for DG experience, and it states I am gaining bonus XP eqivalent to what it said in the skills tab.

The other skills that display bonus XP do the same thing, as far as I've experienced. I could provide a screenshot if necessary, but it'd just display a before and after of my bonus XP from doing a floor.

Is this some form of weird glitch? Or is something else going on? Frankly, I'm not complaining (bonus XP is XP, after all...), but I'd like to know if this is a glitch and I should be attempting to contact Jagex to fix it.

I've had the same issue, however I only get it in skills that are at the Citadel, WC Fming Mining Smithing Crafting and Summoning. I haven't got a fricken clue what its from. It usually resets once a week and I use it up at the citadel again.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I've heard of this, alongside random massive xp pop-ups when logging on.

As far as I am aware they are both just display bugs and you don't actually get the extra xp

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I've heard of this, alongside random massive xp pop-ups when logging on.

As far as I am aware they are both just display bugs and you don't actually get the extra xp

I'll check this week and see how it goes

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Hate to double post, but I don't think editing my previous post would cause people to reread this topic.

I seem to have figured out where this bonus XP is coming from. Sometime last year, I referred a friend to buy membership, and got the bonus xp from that - but I never activated it, since I was saving it for something (likely construction).

As it turns out, Jagex changed the way RAF operates. Now, it seems to be a permanent xp boost, except I only gain bonus xp when the person I recruited gains xp in that skill. So if they train... woodcutting, I'll gain bonus xp in woodcutting.

Kinda glad this wasn't a glitch. And not only that, I get free xp out of the deal, which I never expected. As a reference, the page on RAF is here:

http://services.rune...Friend#XP_Bonus

In case you wanted a more detailed explanation. I'm not the best at explaining things clearly, so... :P

• Like 1
Link_Olaran.png

Hate to double post, but I don't think editing my previous post would cause people to reread this topic.

I seem to have figured out where this bonus XP is coming from. Sometime last year, I referred a friend to buy membership, and got the bonus xp from that - but I never activated it, since I was saving it for something (likely construction).

As it turns out, Jagex changed the way RAF operates. Now, it seems to be a permanent xp boost, except I only gain bonus xp when the person I recruited gains xp in that skill. So if they train... woodcutting, I'll gain bonus xp in woodcutting.

Kinda glad this wasn't a glitch. And not only that, I get free xp out of the deal, which I never expected. As a reference, the page on RAF is here:

http://services.rune...Friend#XP_Bonus

In case you wanted a more detailed explanation. I'm not the best at explaining things clearly, so... :P

You are a genius!

Archermanme.png

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

• 9 months later...

Hi all, I am hoping someone might be able to help me (trying to find out answers in-game is next to impossible.) I have a similar problem in that I have bonus xp showing in my smithing skill, and it isn't getting used up either. But, I put it there by getting a lamp from the Wheel of Fortune spins as a f2p player, not by referring someone. How do I get to use this bonus xp and/or where would I be able to read up about it instead? Thanks so much in advance.

The bonus xp system is for members only, that might be your problem.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The bonus xp system is for members only, that might be your problem.

^This

F2p can earn bonus xp from lamps and such but cannot use it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue