20-May-2013: Harvest Heaven

Pirkka

Just to have a number to put in, though small. Going from level 87 to 88 in hunter at jadinkos (that'd be about 400k xp) I had 8 grapevine seeds, or a seed every 15 minutes.

I have no idea if this is unnaturally high or low, but at this rate, going from 80-99 at jadinkos would be about 220 seeds.

Considering this is the fastest way to train hunter, I guess there will be some seeds coming in here, though I have to agree with the rest that it's hard to predict how easy it'll be to get the new brews, or if it'll be places where they are worth using.

Just to have a number to put in, though small. Going from level 87 to 88 in hunter at jadinkos (that'd be about 400k xp) I had 8 grapevine seeds, or a seed every 15 minutes.

I have no idea if this is unnaturally high or low, but at this rate, going from 80-99 at jadinkos would be about 220 seeds.

Considering this is the fastest way to train hunter, I guess there will be some seeds coming in here, though I have to agree with the rest that it's hard to predict how easy it'll be to get the new brews, or if it'll be places where they are worth using.

Probably another endurance test like the kiln.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

how do reed beds work? Is it just like a private hunter area or do you "harvest" toads and sallys making it a fast way to get summoning supplies?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

how do reed beds work? Is it just like a private hunter area or do you "harvest" toads and sallys making it a fast way to get summoning supplies?

It was never going to be 'fast' compared to the direct methods.

Harvest a Reed Bed yields about 5 toad egg sacs, 2 swamp lizards and 20 swamp tar.

Egg sacs = 15 swamp toads when opened, so 75 toads.

1hr 20 grow time roughly.

So maybe better source of toads just about, not sure on collection rates but 300 in 1hr 20 seems about the max I'd expect for uber efficient levels of focus. (300 as 75*4 for 4 hops patches)

Swamp lizards and swamp tar are just plain awful. 80 Tar in 1hr 20 is easily doable by normal means and 8 lizards is definitely doable.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So maybe better source of toads just about, not sure on catch rates but 300 in 1hr 20 seems about the max I'd expect for uber efficient levels of focus. (300 as 75*4 for 4 hops pathces)

Catch rates on swamp toads?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So maybe better source of toads just about, not sure on catch rates but 300 in 1hr 20 seems about the max I'd expect for uber efficient levels of focus. (300 as 75*4 for 4 hops pathces)

Catch rates on swamp toads?

I forget they are just items that spawn, you'd of thought Jagex would've changed tht by now.

Collection rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue