20-May-2013: Harvest Heaven

Pirkka

This update is okay and long overdue, except for that wishing well plant.

I can't believe somebody actually thought that was a good idea.

It seems like a brainfart to the question, "How do we entice flower/dicers to become members again?"

Senior Jagex developer yells out, "Gambling Bush!"

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

This update is okay and long overdue, except for that wishing well plant.

I can't believe somebody actually thought that was a good idea.

It seems like a brainfart to the question, "How do we entice flower/dicers to become members again?"

Senior Jagex developer yells out, "Gambling Bush!"

I honestly think it was more "The players who use big words keep saying we need more money sinks. Let's make one, before we release the next GP-generating-gizmo on the wheel.."

LgEZt.png

Resource-gathering skills become more and more useless at this rate.

• Like 2

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

they should introduce a new skill called botting; the higher level you get the longer you can spend afk with your character performing actions without logging out...

oh wait a minute.

meamzed.png

Quite a useless update, I'm sorry to say that. Was hoping for more!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Other than giving my character an improved drink of choice, I'd have to agree with the above. This was one week I was actually looking forward to Solomon's (weapon keepsakes) more than the actual update.. :P

• Like 1

2dgucz6.png

500k ish Thieving experience at Dwarf Traders.

500k.png

Looks like Grapevine seeds are equally as rare as Wishing Well seeds which basically makes Super Sara brews too scarce to be worth using.

Sylpheed.png

500k ish Thieving experience at Dwarf Traders.

500k.png

Looks like Grapevine seeds are equally as rare as Wishing Well seeds which basically makes Super Sara brews too scarce to be worth using.

Which is unfortunate, being as grapevines were going to be the only thing to save this update.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Ah Jagex 'balancing' content in obsolescence since 01

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Won't a lot of seeds come from hunter training anyway, since you get quite a few of these seeds from draconic jadinkos.? That way a lot of seeds will come from people who are not actively hunting for them - possibly making the grapevines common enough for the brews anyway.

Aren't the jad seed spread similar to the pickpocketing one? eg ~5/100 ballpark which would mean they remain significantly rare.

I mean let us not forgot you need 4 seeds per hops patch, that immediately makes the potential of grapes 4* rarer than the seeds and that is before you even factor in the possible lose of grapes to death and the random nature of harvest ensuring at best the good grapes (sara) would be 1/3.

Overall they won't stay as high as they are but the rarity certainly isn't in their favour.

5/100 drop rate with 4 seeds per patch is like 5/400 rarity ratio.

Then assume 1/10 death rate (like trees) would mean like 45/4000 for surviving grapes. 9/800 when simplified.

That's 9 successfully grown plots for every 800 of the new seeds in circulation.

Then factor in an assumed 1/3 rate of the grapes you actually want for 9/2400 or 3/800 when simplified.

That's 3 harvests worth of the type of grape desired for every 800 of the new seeds in circulation.

Only loosely worked numbers, but you get the gist of how the rarity pans out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Errr no, I already have 50-ish flasks and that was from seeds gotten myself. Once prices settle they should be far more common. This can be a lot like managing kingdom before eoc in some ways, since you get 9-ish nests per day, and by the time you realize you have hundreds of brews. It depends on how consistent you are getting the seeds/produce.

Not to forget other alternatives, just as it happened with nests. Such as arma gwd + ice strykes, put in line with getting seeds from herblore habitat.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Snape Grass and Potato Cactus ought to hold reasonable profits once the seed values settle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Errr no, I already have 50-ish flasks and that was from seeds gotten myself. Once prices settle they should be far more common. This can be a lot like managing kingdom before eoc in some ways, since you get 9-ish nests per day, and by the time you realize you have hundreds of brews. It depends on how consistent you are getting the seeds/produce.

Not to forget other alternatives, just as it happened with nests. Such as arma gwd + ice strykes, put in line with getting seeds from herblore habitat.

I was speaking in terms of Pickpocketing and specifically Dwarf Traders. I may have only done 500k Thieving experience, but 10 Grape seeds and 9 Wishing Well seeds is pretty consistent in terms of similar rarity.

Sylpheed.png

I was speaking in terms of Pickpocketing and specifically Dwarf Traders. I may have only done 500k Thieving experience, but 10 Grape seeds and 9 Wishing Well seeds is pretty consistent in terms of similar rarity.

And I was talking about the "worth using" part. Rarity vs utility shouldn't be a concern now as they were just released, but judging by the rates I've been getting them, they'll be FAR MORE COMMON than nests, so there will always be enough to make super sara brews (and thus, making them worth using depending on what you're fighting). And this is coming from someone who used sara brews daily before eoc, and never bought a single nest, all came from kingdom + slayer + bossing.

Shouldn't come as a surprise if they make gano beasts drop them, among other slayer monsters.

Keep in mind that nests coming from kingdom may be more common than seeds overall though.. Sure you personally get more seeds than nests... But that doesn't mean there are more seeds than nests in game overall.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Of course there aren't, they were just released :P

Let me rephrase: just because you receive more seeds per time spent than nests doesn't mean there are more seeds coming into the game than nests *disregarding* how many there are in game due to nests being older content.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Let me rephrase: just because you receive more seeds per time spent than nests doesn't mean there are more seeds coming into the game than nests *disregarding* how many there are in game due to nests being older content.

I already have 50-ish flasks and that was from seeds gotten myself.

It works for me, since I'm making the super brews from scratch getting ingredients myself... What does seeds coming into the game have to do with me making brews myself? lol.

I'm just saying, seeds (and in result, grapes) will become more common as people get used/add the new methods to get them to their daily rutines, just like it happened with kingdom. Saying an item that just got released is not worth using because of rarity doesn't make much sense, they'll be common enough in time (hell, even if you buy them they will be worth using to some extent).

Potato cactus seeds will drop because it grows like the regular cactus and isn't destroyed.

I think that's intentional. Players who have completed certain levels of the Desert Achievement Tasks can already get several noted potato cacti from the Weird Old Man on a daily basis. To use another quick example: the pure rune essence rewards from Daily Challenges and Rune Memories (Archmage Sedrior's chest of rune ess, which is dependent on RC level) flooded the game, and I think that was to destroy any incentives to bot farm them, by decimating their market value.

I think we might see more of this from Jagex, where they make it easier to get certain raw mats from gameplay than to buy as a bot-riddled commodity.

I already have 50-ish flasks and that was from seeds gotten myself.

It works for me, since I'm making the super brews from scratch getting ingredients myself... What does seeds coming into the game have to do with me making brews myself? lol.

I'm just saying, seeds (and in result, grapes) will become more common as people get used/add the new methods to get them to their daily rutines, just like it happened with kingdom. Saying an item that just got released is not worth using because of rarity doesn't make much sense, they'll be common enough in time (hell, even if you buy them they will be worth using to some extent).

The thing is no-one commented on them in the context you are getting at (aka they are rare because they are new)

People commented in the context of they are rare to get comparatively to the other seeds brought in with this update & with how pre-existing seeds are gotten. This context (aside from any Jagex nerfs) does not change, they are still quite rare seeds compared to the rest in this update which in turn makes the grapes rare and thus the pots rare. And at the rarity rates seen this far it is questionable if they will be common enough to justify making them for profit or use.

Plv6Dz6.jpg