Glacors

Sir_Squab

Was reading a thread here about getting charms, and someone reccomended Glacors. I figure, hey, charms are nice. Profit is nice.

Not sure how to do Glacors effectively. I was decent at them pre-EoC but I'd like more current advice.

I have access to almost anything mage gear wise, except Virtus/Seasinger/Subjugation armour and MA rings. (And probably one or two things I can't think of off the top of my head.)

Mostly wondering what abilities to use and when.

Oh and familiar too. Iron titan/uni/pack yack?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I use full ahrims with wand of treachery and mage's book, am planning to upgrade to ahrims books and sub robes shortly. I generally use all the offensive mage basics, and if you use metamorphis ability just as the glacytes come you can kill them with basics and then as they die unleash a threshold on the glacor.

This can only be done on half of the glacors though because it takes too long to refresh. The others I just use basics and wild magic+asphyxiate thresholds. These can be used on the enduring glacyte to kill it quickly, and this is the one you should kill first. The chain basic ability also helps to kill the glacytes. Usually I kill them enduring > sapping > unstable, and can kill them all before the explosion. Use abilities on the enduring to make sure it dies first though.

I use overloads, ss and blood barrage, and usually go to far south east corner as there are 3 there that people rarely kill, and on low population worlds I need 3 spawns even with welfare gear.

be_my_frend0.png

140 Shards of Armadyl - 2 Glaiven - 2 Steadfast - 1 Ragefire

I have no experience with them in EOC and have some questions myself. Is Fire Surge still the best spell? How much better are abilities compared to momentum?

Tg_Ibe.png

To my understanding, Bloodfire Barrage > Fire Surge. Notice that I said bloodFIRE barrage and not blood barrage. Bloodfire Barrage counts as a fire spell post EoC.

To the best of my knowledge, in general, abilities > momentum for killing. Momentum is mainly good when you're fighting monsters so weak you barely have time for abilities anyways. Basically, mobs = momentum, bosses or pseudo bosses = abilitiles. (I'm not sure how accurate this is tho.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

The best method is virtus wand + book, void or virtus (I don't know which is best, sorry), blood barrage, overload, torment, superior scrimshaw of the elements.

You Asphyxiate the glacor first. If it hits low, use Impact at the fourth hit. The glacytes will come out now.

For the glacytes, barrage the Enduring - damaging the other two - and finish with Chain. If the other glacytes are close to dying after barraging, use Wrack before Chain to make sure Enduring dies first - freeform this a bit, the Enduring may not die last. Chain has the lovely delay which makes sure the primary target dies first.

After the glacytes, use Wild Magic and follow up with Concentrated Blast to kill the glacor. Wrack may be needed to finish the job.

Rinse, repeat. The east area with 3 glacors in a triangle is a good place to start, but there's often noobs luring around the pillar there, which can cost you a spawn.

If you're fast, you will finish the glacytes and get Wild Magic off before Asphyxiate comes off the cooldown, so there's no need for ultimates at any time, the rotation fits pretty closely.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The best method is virtus wand + book, void or virtus (I don't know which is best, sorry), blood barrage, overload, torment, superior scrimshaw of the elements.

You Asphyxiate the glacor first. If it hits low, use Impact at the fourth hit. The glacytes will come out now.

For the glacytes, barrage the Enduring - damaging the other two - and finish with Chain. If the other glacytes are close to dying after barraging, use Wrack before Chain to make sure Enduring dies first - freeform this a bit, the Enduring may not die last. Chain has the lovely delay which makes sure the primary target dies first.

After the glacytes, use Wild Magic and follow up with Concentrated Blast to kill the glacor. Wrack may be needed to finish the job.

Rinse, repeat. The east area with 3 glacors in a triangle is a good place to start, but there's often noobs luring around the pillar there, which can cost you a spawn.

If you're fast, you will finish the glacytes and get Wild Magic off before Asphyxiate comes off the cooldown, so there's no need for ultimates at any time, the rotation fits pretty closely.

Unless they deal serious damage then I'm sure void is your best choice.

Tg_Ibe.png

Well I almost died twice in void. Dunno how much of this is due to my own experience. Virtus gives a hell of a lot more defence and still gives a set effect iirc. Oh and prayer bonus... I swapped out guthix cape for nomad's cape because my prayer bonus was abysmally low.

EDIT: Oh and according to RS wiki, void gives +5% accuracy and damage, while Virtus gives 10% damage. Damnit now I want virtus.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

If you see the previous topic on void http://forum.tip.it/topic/319749-void/ you see we can't really tell whether void > virtus or not. Virtus has 10% extra weapon damage, sure, but we don't know where the void multiplies goes exactly. Damage is weapon damage + level + boosted level bonus - Virtus is 10% of weapon damage, Void 5% of the total damage?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Weird. Also, I'm slow becoming convinced my internet connection isn't good enough for bossing. Oh shit exploding glacyte is about to explode. Hey, that's the perfect time for 2 second of lag! -.-

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

You can generally kill the unstable before it blows up anyway, but if you can't avoid the explosion or the big ice spike attack thingy, that doesn't matter, you can afford to take that damage.

Weird. Also, I'm slow becoming convinced my internet connection isn't good enough for bossing. Oh shit exploding glacyte is about to explode. Hey, that's the perfect time for 2 second of lag! -.-

That would annoy the hell out of me. I wish steel titan was still as useful here as it used to be. I wish steel titan was still useful.

Tg_Ibe.png

You can generally kill the unstable before it blows up anyway, but if you can't avoid the explosion or the big ice spike attack thingy, that doesn't matter, you can afford to take that damage.

Huh? I mean, I can kill unstable easy, the hard part is making sure enduring dies first. And what do you mean I can take that damage - some kills, I take way more damage then my health absorbing can cover...

Also what aura would you reccomend?

How well do penance and vampyrism work?

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Vamp is considered the best last I checked for glakkers, penance got kinda nerfed a while back.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Penance is good as you don't need vampirism, and @Squab you should be able to do Enduring > Sap/Unstable before Unstable blows up, at least with wand+book you can.

Here is what I have experienced doing a glacor run:

1. DW helps really much, staff is just too slow and that highly decreases effectiveness of BfB.

2. Kiting makes a notable difference in damage received.

3. Soul split does not work for me on glacors/glacytes. By 'does not work' I mean that there is a SS icon overhead, but while dealing damage no animation is shown. LPs also do not increase (stay the same). On the other hand, another player with full virtus used SS just fine (icon, animation, healing).

4. If you do not attack enduring asap, you receive a ~2-3x damage penalty, which makes killing glacytes a real pain, since you must avoid BfB because it deals too much damage to other glacytes.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

Here is what I have experienced doing a glacor run:

1. DW helps really much, staff is just too slow and that highly decreases effectiveness of BfB.

2. Kiting makes a notable difference in damage received.

3. Soul split does not work for me on glacors/glacytes. By 'does not work' I mean that there is a SS icon overhead, but while dealing damage no animation is shown. LPs also do not increase (stay the same). On the other hand, another player with full virtus used SS just fine (icon, animation, healing).

4. If you do not attack enduring asap, you receive a ~2-3x damage penalty, which makes killing glacytes a real pain, since you must avoid BfB because it deals too much damage to other glacytes.

In regards to #4 this is what I do:

Tag enduring, then hit it with combust as you step back and group them. Sometimes I'll throw chain into the mix just to hit all three, but Blood fire barrage should kill them all off before unstable pops and enduring will usually die first due to DOT from combust. If it looks like he won't, then use wrack to ensure he does. As a user posted before, unstable rarely pops for me unless I mess up or get hung up by environment or something

I've no idea why ss isn't working for you though... Bug?