Call of Duty: Ghosts

Noxx

Apparently there will be no FOV slider for PC. However, we still don't know if the config will be locked or not. If the config is locked too, then I'm sure someone will come with a fovchanger program anyway like they did for MW2 and MW3.

I really do not understand how the devs still think that 65 fov is acceptable on PC. It's absolutely ridiculous.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

• 5 weeks later...

Been debating about whether or not i want to buy Ghosts for a few days now. Been watching gameplays on YT and it's making the decision pretty tough. Seems a bit slower paced than BO2 was, but guns seems to kill a lot faster. Not really a good thing imo. With each CoD the guns just kill faster and faster.

Might just wait a few weeks to see how broken it is before i decide.

On PC i seem to not be lagging as bad as I did on the other games on console. Also my K/D is .5 lower but thats probably just the learning curve as ive dropped 60-10 games. The biggest problem is the shitty optimization for graphics and the fact the spawns suck as usual IW

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Loving it right now, now that I've finally managed to get all the settings right for optimal performance and good sensitivity. Can finally start building up my K/D and W/L ratios.

Very disappointed with the lack of FOV slider, the FPS cap and somewhat limited config, but there's already a FOV changer program out, and hopefully there will be a FPS program out soon. But otherwise I really like it. Good maps, good guns, good perk system. The only thing that kinda bothers me is how ridiculously fast the guns seem to kill. I'd like them to balance it somewhere between like it is now and Black Ops 2. That'd be nice.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

OK, it's LOLCANADA (Seriously, it is)

Also, the FOVchanger and the FPSchanger have been patched with the recent PC update, but they are working on making them work again.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Don't know if any of you are into competitive CoD, but i was watching a few games yesterday on Youtube and it was so dull and boring. Right now the only game mode they are playing is SnD. It's so much slower than it used to be. IW really gave Pro Teams the finger when they made Ghosts. 

Well to be fair, competitive playing in Cod was always SnD in the first place. I'm glad it has returned to that. I found it very difficult to take competitive playing seriously in Cod when they were playing Dom and whatnot with killstreaks and attachments.

In my opinion it should be SnD with no attachments or killstreaks, like it was in Cod4.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

In CoD 4 the Comp scene was also very small. The reason it grew so much in BO2 was because of the "new" rules and game modes. No one wants to watch a SnD only tourney anymore. We want to see Hardpoint and CTF. We want to see players going on 10 streaks, or getting stupid killstreaks like Stealthchoppers. 

I agree that killstreaks might not have been the best thing to introduce into the Comp scene, but it has changed the game to a much more tactical and exciting thing to watch.

I believe going back to how it was previously would be a HUGE mistake. I feel like if this is what we're getting for the comp side of CoD, it's going to die very soon.

Colors are eeeeewww. So bland compared to BOII.

I felt the same way about MW3. Boring colors.

From the YouTube videos I've watched, maps look waay to big for 6v6 stuff. Maybe this will change with next gen consoles and their ability to have 9v9 for all gametypes.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Colors are eeeeewww. So bland compared to BOII.

I felt the same way about MW3. Boring colors.

From the YouTube videos I've watched, maps look waay to big for 6v6 stuff. Maybe this will change with next gen consoles and their ability to have 9v9 for all gametypes.

Would have made a lot more sense to release smaller maps for now, and then release bigger maps with next-gen. 

I love the maps in this game. They are fantastic. Finally assault rifles actually serve a purpose again, instead of being outgunned by SMG's since Cod4.

The only maps I don't like are Tremor, Flooded and Strikezone. My favorite maps are probably Stonehaven and Overlord.

Really liking this game now. Got my first KEM strike last night and my aim has been steadily improving as I've adjusted my playstyle. K/D is about 1.7 now, which isn't too bad considering the awful start I had.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

• 2 weeks later...

This game is extremely dull to watch in terms of Competitive. Extremely, and utterly dull. And in my opinion it's even more dull to play. Been playing a friend's copy for the past 2 weeks, got about 10 hours in. It's just completely boring.

Extremely happy i didn't spend $80 buying this game and then try to convince myself it's any good because i'm too embarrassed to admit it's trash.

Yeah, it's pretty much dead on PC, at least for me. There is just too much lag and/or lag compensation. It's ridiculous so I have just returned back to Cod4, the only Cod game that's actually playable on PC.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Cod has been dull to watch competitively since maybe MW2. They just camp and there's no action at all. I prefer public play than competitive play.

Then again I consistently have 2 KDR games even though I don't even care about KDR.

Cod has been dull to watch competitively since maybe MW2. They just camp and there's no action at all. I prefer public play than competitive play.

Then again I consistently have 2 KDR games even though I don't even care about KDR.

You're joking? Only gametype people camped on in BO2 was SnD. And it's not even considered camping then. Unless you consider Anchoring in HP/CTF as camping?

BO2 Competitive was probably the fastest pace game we're going to see for a very long time. You don't get 40+ kills in a game of HP by camping, haha.

You're joking? Only gametype people camped on in BO2 was SnD. And it's not even considered camping then. Unless you consider Anchoring in HP/CTF as camping?

BO2 Competitive was probably the fastest pace game we're going to see for a very long time. You don't get 40+ kills in a game of HP by camping, haha.

Got bored of competitive before BO2 even came out. I haven't seen competitive in BO2. I guess I generalized too much and thought the same thing as the previous years.

Got bored of competitive before BO2 even came out. I haven't seen competitive in BO2. I guess I generalized too much and thought the same thing as the previous years.

Nah BO2 was pretty good. I think the reason MW2 and MW3 was really campy was because of Dom. Lot of people thought it would be the same thing now with Ghost, but Dom has actually turned out to be one of the more exciting game types to watch for me. Especially the past weekend with Columbus. There were a few extremely close games where teams would win by 1 or 2 points in the last seconds of the game. Insane.

I was subbed to quite a few Call of Duty YouTube channels back in BO2, and I enjoyed a lot of the gameplay that came out, both competitive and pubs.

I've watched a good bit of Ghosts, and I really don't get much of the same feel at all. I find myself closing out of commentaries and gameplay halfway through just because of how bored I get. I haven't watched too much competitive, though. So if that's getting pretty exciting, I'll look into it.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |