Logic Puzzles and Lateral thinking puzzles!

Birdboy60

dymed: 2 if there are only 2, then the probablility is 50% that they share, 50% they dont. If I'm wrong, then i guess im the kind of person who will argue, if im right, good try

Actually...you're completely wrong. But nice try. 2 isn't even the intuitive answer.

Think about what you just said. The probability of two people sharing the same birthday is not 1/2. It would be 1/2 if there were only two days in the year. However, there are 365 days in the year, meaning the probability of two people having the same birthday is 1/365. :wink:

If a train leaves New York for San Francisco at a speed of 75 MPH and has 1100 scoops of ice cream in its freezer and the freezer breaks, and the scoops are melting at a rate of 3 scoops every 3 minutes, how many scoops will be left when the train reaches it destination?

No scoops are left!

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Think about what you just said. The probability of two people sharing the same birthday is not 1/2. It would be 1/2 if there were only two days in the year. However, there are 365 days in the year, meaning the probability of two people having the same birthday is 1/365. :wink:

Well, jeez, But if there are only 2 ppl, then the chances are exactly half. It is due to that there are 2 ppl, and 2 possible outcomes.

They either share the same birthday, or they dont. so if there are 2 ppl and 2 possible outcomes, it is 50/50. Man I hate probablities.

Fabricant: I'm assumming that Colint94 is thinking we know the distance of the rail-lines between NY and SF and that we work that out ourself. Another problem is that he never says how many stops it takes, and if it does stop if the freezer is fixed. So we can't answer due to a shortage of information.

Also, I understand your solution, but mine makes sense too, don't they? lol

Wow, this got slightly popular now didn't it? Anymore?

Well, jeez, But if there are only 2 ppl, then the chances are exactly half. It is due to that there are 2 ppl, and 2 possible outcomes.

They either share the same birthday, or they dont. so if there are 2 ppl and 2 possible outcomes, it is 50/50. Man I hate probablities.

Fabricant: I'm assumming that Colint94 is thinking we know the distance of the rail-lines between NY and SF and that we work that out ourself. Another problem is that he never says how many stops it takes, and if it does stop if the freezer is fixed. So we can't answer due to a shortage of information.

Also, I understand your solution, but mine makes sense too, don't they? lol

Wow, this got slightly popular now didn't it? Anymore?

Actually the odds of them having the same birthday are lower than the odds against.

And as to the ice cream problem, it doesn't matter unless the freezer is fixed or the distance is less than 1375 miles

And since he didn't state the first and the second is very impossible they will have no scoops left

smithie3.jpg

Ignoring all leap years, how many people would you have to put in a room so that the probability of having two people in the room share the same birthday is 1/2?

2 ppl...Get twins :wink:

Except that would be 100%

Congratulations, you fail at trying to outsmart the system :P

smithie3.jpg

what does this mean:

tu aideras a rappler ta quantite a beaucoup de docteurs amis

Take Away And Replace The Quanity After Begining Division During Alegabra.

I'm probably wrong but it kinda makes sense, and uses the first letters. Otherwise I'm clueless.

This one's a math "puzzle." The answer is very counter-intuitive and surprises pretty much everyone who hears it for the first time. And then there are those who will argue that the right answer is actually wrong, even when they have explicitly been shown the proof for it. Anyway, here it is.

Ignoring all leap years, how many people would you have to put in a room so that the probability of having two people in the room share the same birthday is 1/2?

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

This one's a math "puzzle." The answer is very counter-intuitive and surprises pretty much everyone who hears it for the first time. And then there are those who will argue that the right answer is actually wrong, even when they have explicitly been shown the proof for it. Anyway, here it is.

Woot, a google user are you! :D

smithie3.jpg

Not really. We did this in math class last week.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

So you only need 46 to the the thoertical probilty to get to one hundered.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Why post a question if you are going to flame the person who gets it right?

Surfbum0214.png

Surfbum0214.png

Why post a question if you are going to flame the person who gets it right?

Wasn't me that posted it

smithie3.jpg