Logic Puzzles and Lateral thinking puzzles!

Birdboy60

I myself am a fan of logic puzzles and am quite good at them. Thus, i you want to try your hand at logic, feel free to try. My puzzles will range from the classic logic grid style to word problems, and are possible to solve. Also, if you want to try to stump me with a logic puzzle, feel free to post it and hopefully within a day or so I will post the answer. Also, try to stump me to be added to the "I STUMPED Birdboy60" list, showing how good you really are. Feel free to post lateral thinking puzzles too, I'll try those, got a riddle? As long as it's appropriate, go ahead, I'll try too.

First puzzle:

There are three (3) cards, Card A, Card B, and Card C. They each have a number written on their back, and the numbers range from 5 to 10, and no two cards are the same. The sum of Card A and Card B is 13, and Card B plus Card C is equal to 16. What are the numbers on the cards?

Second puzzle:

Twelve (12) matches are laid on a table in this pattern: # (imagine tic-tac-toe boards). By only moving three (3) matches, how can you make 3 congruent squares?

People who have stumped me:

kamikaze914

You are walking through a field, and you find something to eat. It doesn't have bones, and it doesn't have meat. You pick it up and put it into your pocket. You take it home and put it on a shelf, but 3 day's later it walks away. What is it?

If you can't figure it out highlight between the asterisks for the answer. *It's an egg.*

quick note:

1. you aren't on the black background, I can see the answer.

2. posting the answer before we can guess kinda deprives the point.

3. clever.

Four people live in four neighboring houses. There names are William, Edward, Racheal, and Trisha. The first letters of their names spells "WERT", but they don't live in that order. In fact, the people actually don't live next to the person whose name begins with the letters next to their's in WERT. So for example, E does not live next to R nor W. Can you put them into the right spots?

Solve in this format:

[?] [?] [?] [?]

Birdboy60 said:

quick note:

1. you aren't on the black background, I can see the answer.

2. posting the answer before we can guess kinda deprives the point.

3. clever.

Yea It was a black background on the preview, and I guess posting the answer before you figured out the answer did defeat the purpose....lol

I'll do better next time..

Here's another:

There are 20 people in an empty, square room. Each person has full sight of the entire room and everyone in it without turning his head or body, or moving in any way (other than the eyes). Where can you place an apple so that all but one person can see it?

yea, i'll allow these too, and this is a good one.

Hmm, my answers (probably wrong) would be:

1. he lost his credit card

OR

2. the bank calls and tells him

OR

3. He is denied a room because he has no money on his debit card

there's my answers, tell me if any are right.

lateral thinking puzzles allowed???

a guy is driving in his car and he stops outside a hotel he then immediatly know hes bankcrupt

howd he know this?

This one's an oldie.

The guy's playing monopoly with the car figurine, he lands infront of another person's hotel ans has to give the last of his money away to pay rent.

Wow, I didn't think of that.... ok, you've got me. Heck, I think I'll make a thing on the first post of people who stumped me!

I welcome you to be the first!

Here's your certifiate!

| I STUMPED Birdboy60 |

|__________________|

Congrats!

heres an easy one:

it is 11:00am and the road is busy. there is a police man watching every perosn going past, seeing if they break the law. As the gaurd watches, his eyes are drawn to a man that goes across the crossroad over a red light and goes down the one way lane, going in the opposite direction of the way cars are supposed to drive. He noticed this and waves to the man, like nothing just happened. Explain what just happened.

GOOD LUCK, you will need it.

ahnuld.gif

Dai jou bui!

The full stop and comma are your friend....

http://www.blogger.com/profile/31134299

i know a puzzle.

how did a change in fashion increase the number of small lakes?

also:

you place an orange in the center of a table. without touching the orange or moving it in how can you place a second orange beneath the first orange?

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

This one's a math "puzzle." The answer is very counter-intuitive and surprises pretty much everyone who hears it for the first time. And then there are those who will argue that the right answer is actually wrong, even when they have explicitly been shown the proof for it. Anyway, here it is.

Ignoring all leap years, how many people would you have to put in a room so that the probability of having two people in the room share the same birthday is 1/2?

Here we go, in order:

Fabricant: Hmm, interesting... you may get an award for this one...

I have a few different ideas: 1. the other man is a police officer on a high-speed chase, 2. the guy is on a bicycle (safer to go towards trafic than with, you can see who is about to hit you faster!), 3. (this is going off the fact that u said "over the red light") the guy is in a plane flying overhead

wyvren2000:

1. Tough one... Hmm, I'd have to say... beaver pelts went out of fashion, thus beavers dammed the rivvers, creating small lakes due to the water collection, and the number of small lakes rose steadily due to this.

2. Place second orange under center of table (see diagram, not drawn to scale)

__ o___

_|_o_|_

dymed: 2 if there are only 2, then the probablility is 50% that they share, 50% they dont. If I'm wrong, then i guess im the kind of person who will argue, if im right, good try

figuring that you cant give a person a fraction of a birth day it is impossible. but 24 people would make it a 27/50 chance that 2 people have the same birthday

bird boy ur correct

here is a question

what does this mean:

tu aideras a rappler ta quantite a beaucoup de docteurs amis

to save you time yahoo and google dont have a clue to what it is(as in they dont know it

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I doubt this is a logic, latteral thinking, or riddle, but I'll give it a chance...

Here's what the AOL translator pulled up in French to English translation.

you will help has rappler your quantite has many friendly doctors

Now, I'm not sure if I want to try to decipher this further, but this is what I managed to get. You sure that was spelled right? Otherwise, I'm stumped.

If a train leaves New York for San Francisco at a speed of 75 MPH and has 1100 scoops of ice cream in its freezer and the freezer breaks, and the scoops are melting at a rate of 3 scoops every 3 minutes, how many scoops will be left when the train reaches it destination?

barrowsmconscape,Colint94.gif

Colint94.gif

how are you supposed to know that, Colint94? we have to know the exact time it took to get from New York to San Francisco......thats a slight glitch in your question......

and the answer to my question is that he was walking down the street, he crossed the road at a red light for the cars and he walked down the one-way road's footpath.

ahnuld.gif

Dai jou bui!

The full stop and comma are your friend....

http://www.blogger.com/profile/31134299