PvM

Noxx

I want to start making some money again, but haven't really been in the PvM scene for a long time due to getting Comp Cape.

Right now i have Tetsu and i'm probably about a week away from Death Lotus (I have the Helm and Chaps). I have all the Chaotic Weapons and Shield and the only t90 Weapons i have are the Drygore Maces. I'm willing to sell them if need be, but i hardly doubt it's going to make much of a difference.

I don't mind finding teams for bossing, either. Just want to start doing something that is fairly decent GP/h and doable with my gear (or lack thereof).

Which bosses should i realistically be looking at? And what gear would i use there?

Well, you're comped so pots/prayer/stats aren't an issue, Just do QBD with tetsu and drygore maces until you can afford snazzier stuff (read: Ascensions), then get into Nex/Vorago. I'm willing to take you along anytime, and if you need tips for any other bosses, just say so. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Is regular GWD still a decent option? I'll be doing QBD for now since it's fun for the moment, but eventually i'll get bored and want to move on to something else. So would Bandos/Sara be good options? 
I assume Glacors are still semi- decent?

How about TDs?

GWD is still a good option to make money, but I would say QBD is still the recommended. Variation is good though. Feel free to try out Sara as well as Bandos. Glacors are good as well, and TDs can be a good option too, even if they may just be seen as a bit tricky. Due to the dragon crossbow drops (save for those ascensions) and other stuff they are well worth killing though.

Good luck!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I made more money at frosts than I did without torva/full slayer helm task boost. 20ish kills per hour even with zerking on second and fourth phases doesn't really seem to get you a lot of cash/hr by comparison. I still only get 3 to 3:30min kills with maces/bandos off task.

Granted if there's a way to get under 2 to 3 minute kills reliably with tetsu/bandos + maces at the qbd off task then my alternate suggestion is useless and should be ignored. :) Sorry.

EDIT: Th e Doctor explained why my kill speeds were a problem and why QBD would likely be just fine for you. I apologize for the bad advice :/

Edited by Kimberly

hzvjpwS.gif

I made more money at frosts than I did without torva/full slayer helm task boost. 20ish kills per hour even with zerking on second and fourth phases doesn't really seem to get you a lot of cash/hr by comparison. I still only get 3 to 3:30min kills with maces/bandos off task.

Granted if there's a way to get under 2 to 3 minute kills reliably with tetsu/bandos + maces at the qbd off task then my alternate suggestion is useless and should be ignored. :) Sorry.

In my experience the biggest thing that slows down your kills is having to eat. The difference in how many rocktails you burn through from t7 power armor to superior tetsu is significant. I average between 2:45-3:15 on my kills in tetsu top/legs, DL helm, bandos gloves/boots and the rest max crit bonus with drygore maces. And that's off task. 

At 250 k per kill thats ~5 mil per hour. With malevolent/torva I could realistically see time getting to 2:30 and below consistently for closer to 6-7 mil per hour. I can't imagine frosts are that good are they?

@ Noxx

If you're comped you can realistically look at any of the bosses given tetsu and drygores except for maybe Barrows 2.0 (I believe they require ascensions or seismics to be able to move more efficiently). 

All the regular GWD bosses average between 2-4 mil per hour (read QBD beats them all). Not sure what Nex or Vorago average.

Glacors are still around 3-4 mil/hr average but you obviously don't need the charms/magic exp. They'll probably just be a nice change of pace if you need one.

It's worth noting that right now t9 power armor (which degrades to dust) is about the same initial cost as torva's equivilant pieces. 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword