Ahrim Attacks - Pixel WIP c/c plz (figure remodelled)

Sy_Accursed

Well I actually got contacted with someone wanting to buy one of my sigs, so I am back to work (been away of l8 due to skool) and here is the wip?

there is sumat up with his robes that has made them look wrong atm, I am thinking its the light tone being too light or that i not put the light source (a spell) on yet, but I really ain;t sure

ahrims4qb.png

Update - Shoulder, waist line and robes altered slightly, book shaded

ahrims7kp.png

Update - Figure largely remodelled

ahrims4xn.png

so any c/c plz?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm thinking, his ancient staff top is far too small. The angle at which the lineart of the book is displayed looks wrong. The arm holding the ahrims staff, definitely needs work. Looks like he has a spaghetti arm and his shoulder looks like it's dislocated. His other arm could use a tad bit of work to, they look very long if you were to consider the angle it's bent up and drop it straight down to his side, his arm would be like touching his knee's.

I see what u mean bout the shoulder and arm there, thts weird thou cuz I swear his shoulder wasn't there on line art, must of been sumat i did when shading.

will be sure to work on tht tomorrow when I get up

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

just looks wierd no offense. the arms an s the other arms a twig. the hoods way to thin in the back, the left of the staff is difigured, the robe cuts where the leg should be. not very flowing your just makeing. the shoulder for the arm holding the staff is ALL WRONG. it is sticking out than bends one way than bends the other. i like the hand. the book is funny the way hes holding it. Scrap it and start over :?

just looks wierd no offense. the arms an s the other arms a twig. the hoods way to thin in the back, the left of the staff is difigured, the robe cuts where the leg should be. not very flowing your just makeing. the shoulder for the arm holding the staff is ALL WRONG. it is sticking out than bends one way than bends the other. i like the hand. the book is funny the way hes holding it. Scrap it and start over :?

I not seen u post here before so sorry if I lack respect for you extreme view here, but scrap it?

Are you insane. the idea of pixels is they can be altered and the idea of asking for c/c at early stages is so you can alter them. And proff of this, I had spare five mins and did some work on what teenage had said and got this:

ahrims7kp.png

Granted It still eneds wrok but the basic issues have been resolved now for the most part

Plv6Dz6.jpg

yer follow teenages guide lines. he's robes look like cloth when they are infact meant 2 be chain link i think. good job though, maybe a tad darker? and deffinantly a biger staff. it should be rotated towars what he's casting the spell at also, no towards us.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

yer follow teenages guide lines. he's robes look like cloth when they are infact meant 2 be chain link i think. good job though, maybe a tad darker? and deffinantly a biger staff. it should be rotated towars what he's casting the spell at also, no towards us.

In all fairness what the heck are you on?

Ahrims robes are robes, they are made of cloth, the staff can't go bigger now it has been extended off the base of the image, except the top of it and as for the figure, Theres next of my to do list and am going to work on it now, but I won't full follow teenage's guide as that is not staying true to what the pose is meant to be, but I will improve upon what is there as some of teenage's points are correct.

As for the rotation, he is rotated at a diagonal, how my characters are rotated is juts part of my style, if you look even at my current sig you can see the same style is used, it may not to be everyone's taste but it is my own style

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Well I actually got contacted with someone wanting to buy one of my sigs, so I am back to work (been away of l8 due to skool) and here is the wip?

there is sumat up with his robes that has made them look wrong atm, I am thinking its the light tone being too light or that i not put the light source (a spell) on yet, but I really ain;t sure

ahrims4qb.png

Update - Shoulder, waist line and robes altered slightly, book shaded

ahrims7kp.png

so any c/c plz?

Add a cape, that would makt it look better.

As for the character he needs some hair, even if it's only a small poking out bit it would still look better.

ahrims4xn.png

Ok I need breakfast now, but re-modeled most parts of that character that needed it, juts basically the staff arm left to do then I add hair and maybe a cape...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

well please answer a few questions.

Why ask for CnC if you wont use it?

Why say its wrong when i sugest it but if someone else dose its right?

Why not scrap it its 5m work and easly can be redon?

Why call someone insane when they mierly saying that your pixel sucks

these arnt retorical fyi.

well please answer a few questions.

Why ask for CnC if you wont use it?

Why say its wrong when i sugest it but if someone else dose its right?

Why not scrap it its 5m work and easly can be redon?

these arnt retorical fyi.

From what I read you realy just restated Teenage's C&C... and what was your own made no sense / wasn't right.

Terleys:

1.staff too small

2.angle wrong

3/arm wront

4.arm long

Mine:

1.book arm a twig (1st difference)

2.Robe cuts where the leg should be (2nd difference)

3.yes i restated the first arm, didnt realize it.

4.shadeings not goin with the robe (3rd difference)

5.hands nice (4th difference)

6.scrap and restart (5th difference)

of about 7 statements 5/7 of mine were different. 0wnd

How dont they make sense, theirs muscles in the arms, not shown in the book arm. The leg isnt at a 45+ angle so the robe shouldnt cut through that (shown in later posts which all agreed on..) i dont think you owuld understand the robes. and the hands do look nice

Teenage not Terly :) .

Now that you have put them into an actual list it make's more sense what you are trying to get across. I'd have to say that you realy can't tell there are leg's inside that robe, no deffinition of where they should be.

Anyways, sorry about that miss-comunication, was hard to tell what you were getting across from your first post.

Terleys:

1.staff too small

2.angle wrong

3/arm wront

4.arm long

Mine:

1.book arm a twig (1st difference)

2.Robe cuts where the leg should be (2nd difference)

3.yes i restated the first arm, didnt realize it.

4.shadeings not goin with the robe (3rd difference)

5.hands nice (4th difference)

6.scrap and restart (5th difference)

of about 7 statements 5/7 of mine were different. 0wnd

How dont they make sense, theirs muscles in the arms, not shown in the book arm. The leg isnt at a 45+ angle so the robe shouldnt cut through that (shown in later posts which all agreed on..) i dont think you owuld understand the robes. and the hands do look nice

1.Book arm is fatter than staff arm

2.Robes don't cut where the leg should be, I may bit a bit useless at getting shoulders etc right but I know how to do stances

3.n/a

4.What? you said it should be chainmail in ur first post. I have shaded creased fabric, aka robes

5.Thank you, takes me ages to get all 4 5fingers etc right but i think it worth it

6.Insaneness, I don;t know any pixellers who scrap and restart work, they alter it and even if its unfixable use it as practice

Anyway I still gotta do more on it dumb skool work getting in the way

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The two highlights tht run entire length of robe are meant to show the legs, but it not worked 100% right

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Is it a style, or are you afraid to try something else?

In all fairness what the heck are you on?

Ahrims robes are robes, they are made of cloth, the staff can't go bigger now it has been extended off the base of the image, except the top of it and as for the figure, Theres next of my to do list and am going to work on it now, but I won't full follow teenage's guide as that is not staying true to what the pose is meant to be, but I will improve upon what is there as some of teenage's points are correct.

As for the rotation, he is rotated at a diagonal, how my characters are rotated is juts part of my style, if you look even at my current sig you can see the same style is used, it may not to be everyone's taste but it is my own style

Is it a style, or are you afraid to try something else?

I do try new stuff.

It is just a style I have developed and in all fairness (baltnetly gonna get told I'm making stuff up here but w/e) I don't try to do that style its just the way it ends up looking.

Seriously I mean this in all seriousness no matter wat I do I some how end up with the same style and I have different styles in different medians.

If you saw my art projects u'd see what I mean. No matter wat subject (ege surrealism, cubism etc) my watercolours all have 1 style, all my oil pastels have 1 style, all my pencil drawings have 1 style

Its not something I really try to do it just happens

Plv6Dz6.jpg