Fastest solo dungeoneering xp? (newbie)

karnsy81

I am basically just starting dungeoneering. I am level 60 which comes mostly from daily tasks and all xp lamps. I have done some dungeoneering but I do not fully understand how to get the maximum xp, at all. I recently hit 80 attack and I want chaotics. What is the fastest way to gain xp?

The way I understand it; do floors 1-29 on small c1, next do remaining floors on med c6, rinse and repeat until desired level. 

Does this hold true?

And one more ?, what binds should I use? The way I understand it: best 2h, best pl8 & legs, and from there I am lost. I haven't done dung since there was only 1 bind allowed to level 50.

Thanks!

Actually, when soloing, it's not worth doing c1 floors(c2's are still ok if you finish them, though). Generally, it's worth doing the first ~70% of the floors available as c6 small and the other 30% as c6 med. Open all bonus rooms/etc for mediums and don't open too much for smalls. The times you should strive for are 2-3 mins for c6 small and 7-9 mins for c6 med. You will definitely not get that good at first, but you should get better as time goes on. As for equipment, if you have t10/t11 ranged available, that's the best style. I don't think it's worth using more than one style. With ranged you should have ring on desperado and secondary as sniper.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Im assuming t10 and t11 are levels 90 and 99? My ranged is currently 85. I figured I would have a range style and a melee style bound. 

What should I expect for xp rates? I have no clue what to expect. I know that it will vary due to time it takes me to complete the dungeon. Just basics please.

Also, any more imput on fastest xp for soloing? Keep in mind that I am only 60 dungeoneering and am just trying to get 80 asap, currently.

Thanks again!!

It's impossible for me to tell you an xp rate because it can vary wildly depending on your skill(most dungeoneers will get nowhere near the average times i mentioned) and dungeoneering level- it's not as though anyone would even be able to research it because by simply trying to they'd constantly level. Dungeoneering xp rates in general are hard to consider because of all the factors that would need to be considered. The best solo xp rate at 60 prestige should be somewhere in the 400-500k xp/h range, though(not that this would help you). This is exactly why i told you the what average dungeon times you should strive for(as they depend largely on your dungeoneering prowess and little else), not xp rates.

At 98 dg and the associated prestige I average about 24k xp/ floor for the first 40 floors doing c6 smalls and I clear everything unless it requires pots. I average 4-5 minutes per floor. At 40+ I try to do larges with friends.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

It's impossible for me to tell you an xp rate because it can vary wildly depending on your skill(most dungeoneers will get nowhere near the average times i mentioned) and dungeoneering level- it's not as though anyone would even be able to research it because by simply trying to they'd constantly level. Dungeoneering xp rates in general are hard to consider because of all the factors that would need to be considered. The best solo xp rate at 60 prestige should be somewhere in the 400-500k xp/h range, though(not that this would help you). This is exactly why i told you the what average dungeon times you should strive for(as they depend largely on your dungeoneering prowess and little else), not xp rates.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldEhLOK6ejJdDhtR2ZSNGFhX3p2UXhVWTNDdXpKaGc#gid=3

Idk if we can still do anything with this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AldEhLOK6ejJdDhtR2ZSNGFhX3p2UXhVWTNDdXpKaGc#gid=3

Idk if we can still do anything with this

Not much i suppose as it's meant for the usual c1/5:5 large dungeoneering part. Soloing is much different. That spread also considers the average 5:5 large to take 25 minutes, not the 10 minutes it takes nowadays.

As a very general rule to calculate your soloing xp rate, take the lowest medium dungeon you will be doing(at level 60 it should be like 20 or 21) and do it 100%. Then divide the xp by your average time it takes to complete a medium floor and voila. For me that's about 60k xp and 7:30 average but suffice to mention that i'm quite good at solo meds/smalls.

Also as a note: it's probably worth using two attack styles, since you have equal tiers available. If you had one stat a tier ahead of another, then go with that single style. Magic and melee is the preferred combo I believe, using 2h weapons for both. Especially at 80 stats where you may have trouble busting through primal armour with a gorgonite 2h.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Also as a note: it's probably worth using two attack styles, since you have equal tiers available. If you had one stat a tier ahead of another, then go with that single style. Magic and melee is the preferred combo I believe, using 2h weapons for both. Especially at 80 stats where you may have trouble busting through primal armour with a gorgonite 2h.

As far as i've seen, at maxed stats, when soloing, it's really not necessary. Particularly when you consider prayer, potting and sniper bonus, you will have atleast 70% accuracy against anything(and 100% accuracy against the vast majority). It's basically like slayer nowadays- if you have t90 available, you don't need to worry about attack style.

The logic is that if you encounter a T10 monster, you'd need to exploit its weakness if you don't have a T10 weapon. This is flawed because primal warriors are less more common than mages, so you should use ranged instead of magic.

As far as i've seen, at maxed stats, when soloing, it's really not necessary. Particularly when you consider prayer, potting and sniper bonus, you will have atleast 70% accuracy against anything(and 100% accuracy against the vast majority). It's basically like slayer nowadays- if you have t90 available, you don't need to worry about attack style.

This is about t80 weapons being used against t90 and 99 monsters - the OP is not maxed stats (and may not overload, not sure), so I wouldn't recommend him to try and berserk with pure melee/range/mage and hope to hit well. It's not like defence is very useful, so you won't be missing the bind much (I'm assuming, of course, no blood necklace).

@Hedge: I don't get your first sentence, but okay to the second, ranged is fine. I very much doubt it'll matter as much as having a second style at all will, though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

About meds, I find it far easier to 100% smalls in 4-5 minutes then I do to 100% meds in 10 minutes, I usually average 15-20 minutes for a med and as such its better for me to do smalls.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

About meds, I find it far easier to 100% smalls in 4-5 minutes then I do to 100% meds in 10 minutes, I usually average 15-20 minutes for a med and as such its better for me to do smalls.

Well, that's the thing about this topic. We can talk all we want about the nitty gritty like what binds he should or shouldn't have, but that actually makes quite a negligible difference when compared to what he likely lacks in dungeoneering prowess- pathing, gating, prioritizing, proper dpsing, high APM and so fourth. To me, medium dungeons are just the right size that i don't have to analyze anything- i can just rush trough them without remembering anything and never use the map- however, this approach makes me a crappy dungeoneer when it comes to large dungeons. Small dungeons are too mind numbing to me when you have to start a new one every 3 minutes. Since the OP does not have any lofty goals i think it's best not to go further and direct him to any dungeoneering research that would help tremendously but would mean he'd have to make a serious commitment to the skill.

Q; in potting i meant the pot you get for free at the start of a dungeon. That's part of the reason one style is so much better than any other. I also don't think he will have to face too many t10/t11 enemies, and they all have very little LP anyway.