The overnight phenomenon of "redesign!" to "give me master capes!"

Kimberly

At the end of the day, isn't it just a cosmetic cape? It boggles my mind that everyone is making a fuss over a cosmetic change to a game.

Well no its not really 'just' a cosmetic change, it has implications and interactions with other things.

For example, like this thread is address, why are we getting polls for 120 capes when far more people for far longer have been asking for redesigned 99 capes?

If this system is about power to the players why are relatively unheard of ideas reaching the polls whilst ones players have begged and pleaded on for years are overlooked?

Equally theres the whole barrel of issues relating to 120 capes not just being cosmetic.

The fact they will exist at an xp value that current is meaningless in the void between 99 and 200m xp gives significance to that value.

It acts as a point to argue the case for actually raising skill caps, something that has already been brought up by many as a 'if we have the capes why not the levels argument?' and in that field you have issues of maxed players vs unmaxed players and contentless levels and changing the parameters of what the end game is and whether it is far or right to prolong the game in such a way to appease those who already made it when it will put off new players as it makes 'complete' less obtainable.

Yes the update itself in a bubble is just cosmetic capes, but alas things do not exist in a bubble and this topic relates to many other issues and concepts.

I think you are making this more than it is. You are allowing a cosmetic addition to the game change the way you view and play it. Yes I agree with you there is a lot of missing content in the game, and Jagex should work to fix a number of other things instead of adding content, but that doesn't remove the fact that if they did add 120 capes, it should not alter the way you play the game at all.

Just as a reminder, these capes are designed for players who enjoy training a skill with the current training methods past 99. There doesn't need to be content between 13m and 104m xp to validate this cape, it's just a cape for those that like the skill as it stands.

It's just a cape, and we as a community are making it to be more than that. If you don't like it, just ignore it. It's like saying I don't like the trimmed cape because the requirements are too tedious so they should remove it. I might not be able to ever get it, but that doesn't mean I should appeal to Jagex to remove it from the game.

• Like 2

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

EDIT: Jagex do not have true artiest/designers can understand the game to make things look better in game.

This is not a fair statement at all. They have some brilliant artists and modelers. A lot of stuff they make is pretty visually awesome. More than that, though, is they're caught between a very strange in-between realm of so many different older styles that constantly clash with their new direction. Some things end up going a bit too far, or the vision that the directors have in mind is not one the player can ever see so it doesn't look right to us.

There's a lot of reasons. Tons of room to speculate on "why." But one thing you can't say at all is that they're bad artists. They're a very talented bunch no matter how satisfied the players are with the content produced.

• Like 2

hzvjpwS.gif

I'd have to say that some of them need more practice though, I mean, who did those dragonfly wings? They look like they're made out of wicker!

Even though I know that everything can't always be cool, it's a shame when you hear about a cool concept but then you see it and it's like, bleh, and you know nobody's going to ever come back to it and give it a proper try

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg

- Female characters - looks bad

Nothing that a few pints of beer wouldn't fix, aye.

• Like 1

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.