Chaotics?

Hamtaro

I'm about to get 200k tokens and I was wondering if chaotics are any good anymore. If so, rapier or longsword? I heard it doesn't matter anymore, but I'm just making sure.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

They're still quite decent from what I can tell.  Drygores/noxious scythe are the only things that really outclass them (as t90 of course), but they do require more money :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Claws are you best option. It only costs 200k tokens for the pair of them.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Claws are considered the melee most worthwhile, they have a minute edge stats wise; plus the start out at full charge; but the 4 melee options don't have a lot between them.

With t80 weapons you can afford to ignore the smaller weakness (e.g. focus on melee or ranged or mage opposed to stab or slash or crush) so one set will suffice.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Claws are considered the melee most worthwhile, they have a minute edge stats wise; plus the start out at full charge; but the 4 melee options don't have a lot between them.

With t80 weapons you can afford to ignore the smaller weakness (e.g. focus on melee or ranged or mage opposed to stab or slash or crush) so one set will suffice.

@Sy Minute edge? Did they actually change them, then? AFAIK, they removed the cit bonus when things changed to strength bonuses and never gave Claws or korasi's anything to compensate.

Claws are better if you ever intend to boss or upgrade to drygores. Spear and Maul also cost the same amount of tokens as well.

Thanks for the help, everyone. I would just be using it for slayer and quests since I'm not a big boss hunter.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

You're 96 attack so chaotics aren't good. You're better off not getting chaotics and buying drygores instead. Put your dungeoneering tokens into the smaller items, like the scrolls, charming imp, etc. and then into dungeoneering xp when you run out of things to buy.

Unfortunately, I can't afford that right now. I've been using a whip for as long as I can remember so I figured this would be a nice improvement over a level 70 weapon.

Hamtaro.png

Rule 1 of playing runescape if your not an efficiency obsessed metagame nutcase:

Get any useful upgrade you can, it'll make things run smoother and you can worry about getting the super duper pricey stuff later on.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If that is the case, then I would actually get Chaotic Xbow, because that, along with Dragonbane bolts, helps immensely with QBD, which, once you get used to it, allows you to get other higher end gear.

But getting more than 1 Chaotic probably isn't worth the tokens, but if I had to buy a chaotic, it'd be Xbow.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I have a similar general question to this so I thought i'd add my thoughts. I'm slowly getting closer to 200k tokens too, so am considering which to buy also.

I doubt i'll get a melee item as I haven't used melee properly in about 3-4 years and also still have a whip.. 

Is there much difference between Royal Crossbow and chaotic crossbows? Both are t80.. and RCB is cheap.

I was planning on getting the staff out of the 3 options, simply because I don't know of another t80 staff?

I have 99 in both mage and range and really don't care about exp. And I don't have much money as I probably play 5-10 hours a month, so my thinking was RCB for range, staff for mage as all I ever seem to do when I play is a couple hours of PVM here and there.

It's unlikely i'm ever going to get more than one chaotic, I hate dungeoneering :)

JJ_G.gif

Because MH Xbow is only weapon that has a tangible use that isn't out classed by something that exist in the game elsewhere: doing QBD.

Chaotic Xbow MH functions pretty much identically to Asc xbow when you use Dragonbane bolts with it. Your off hand should ideally be Death Lotus darts in that case.

However this is the only case where Chaotic Weapon is a joint BIS. Every other chaotic weapon has something else that beats them in every other way.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)