Ideal Morvran block/prefer list?

Urza285

Does anyone have a running list based on profit and ease of access? I was thinking...

Tzkaar
Jadinko
Vyrewatch
Desert Strykewyrms

I might block Tds since I'm horribad at them. After that I'm lost since the rest seems ok.

Prefered list would be..

Black Dragons
Celestial dragons
Avianse
Muspah
Nihil
Elves

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

You can autoblock TDs by not unlocking them or turning off the toggle.

Done... im thinking i might use black demons as a prefer.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Block:

TzHaar

Grotworms

Vyrewatch

Kalphites

Greater demons

Desert strykewyrms

Ascension members

Prefer:

Airut

Celestial dragons

Elves

Automatons

Mithril dragons

Kal'Gerion demons

Dark beasts

Always have aquanites toggled off. I personally have glacors, tormented demons, muspah and nihil off, but that's just me. I'm also pretty lazy so I didn't put any boss slayer tasks (greater demons, dagannoth, aviansie, black dragons) on preferred.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I think morvrans list is so overwhelmingly good that its hard to choose to ban tasks. There is a stronger preferance to prefer tasks.

I mean even kalphites are good since exiles are good for drygore repairs. Ascension members can offer good cash flow, but if you do gladii they are tempting to ban. Vyrewatch and tzhaar are obvious choices to ban with less than desirable drops. Grotworms and greaters fall in the catagory of good alch drops with chances for decent range xp. They are a coin flip for me. The strykewyrms offer some ok drops, but are such a slow kill they might be ban worthy.

Honesly i think the only bans worth going for are vyrewatch, tzhaar and thats it i think.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think morvrans list is so overwhelmingly good that its hard to choose to ban tasks. There is a stronger preferance to prefer tasks.

I mean even kalphites are good since exiles are good for drygore repairs. Ascension members can offer good cash flow, but if you do gladii they are tempting to ban. Vyrewatch and tzhaar are obvious choices to ban with less than desirable drops. Grotworms and greaters fall in the catagory of good alch drops with chances for decent range xp. They are a coin flip for me. The strykewyrms offer some ok drops, but are such a slow kill they might be ban worthy.

Honesly i think the only bans worth going for are vyrewatch, tzhaar and thats it i think.

I base my bans and prefers on xp.

It's pretty hard coming up with a 6th/7th block and prefer, but that's what I decided to go with.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

mmmm what i've been doing, and how I'll probably finish off my last 50m xp is

blocks:

Ice Wyrm

Desert Wyrm

Dark Beast

Greater Demon

Nechryael

TzHaar

Grotworm

*glacor*

*td*

*nihil*

prefers:

Airut

Elf

Celestial

Abyssal

Gano 

Automaton

-undecided

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Could someone please explain the general love for black dragons (i´m assuming QBD) and the general hate for greater demons (assuming kril here)? because, as far as i can work out, both are similar boss slayer tasks with similar length, profit and difficulty, however, one is absolutely terrible xp(QBD) and the other is just average in terms of xp (140k slayer and 400k melee).

In any case, could someone please be so kind as to list ~10 of the top morvran tasks in terms of slayer xp/h ?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

@xpx

The only reason I or I think anyone would prefer QBD over Kril is because it's better gp/h. You say it's similar money per hour, but i don't average 6mil/h at Zammy. That said I'm not putting black drags on prefer, because as you said the xp is terrible (45k slay xp/h at QBD). And I do greater tasks, but also not on prefer.

Here I'll post my prefer list with xp rates: (xp rates are with dual drygore, asc crossbow/offhand DL darts and nox staff, GWD power armour mostly)

1. Elves: atm 240-250k xp/h, needs more testing (only had 2 tasks) and may be nerfed in future update

2. Kal'gers: 235-240k xp/h, also needs more testing because i only recently got my nox staff (only managed around 200k/h with chaotic staff)

3. Abby demons: 220k xp/h, around 2.5mil gp/h

4. Muspah: 200k xp/h, around 3mil gp/h

5. Airut: 200k xp/h, gives around 4mil gp/h

6. Ganos: 185k xp/h with cstaff, havent gotten a task since nox staff so the rate will be even higher. Also around 3-4mil gp/h.

7. Dark beasts: 180k xp/h, with cannon (around 1.5mil gp loss/h)

8. Celestials: 175k xp/h, I'm gonna test this with steel titan next time since the update.

9. Glacors: 175k xp/h, I'm not the fastest at them and nox vs cstaff didn't make any difference for me. Unsure about gp/h long term.

10. Aviansie: kree 170-180k xp/h

11. Waterfiends: 160k xp/h, just for the amount of charms (consider if you need more summoning xp)

Block list:

On the official rswiki there is a list of the weighting on each monster, in other words the frequency a task gets assigned. The higher the weighting number the more you'll get that task. Make a list of which tasks you want to skip and look which tasks have the highest weighting, blocking these is better to preserve slaypoints. (weighting is in brackets)

1. Grotworms (10)

2. Gargoyle (8)

3. Tzhaar (8)

4. Jadinko (8)

5. Vyrewatch (7)

6. Iron drags (7)

7. Desert Wyrms (7)

Might consider ice wyrms (8), boring task and the xp isnt at the top anymore.

gwn3.png

Very interesting and useful list, although i guess everyone needs to make one for themselves given that i got around 220k xp/h at celectials but fail to get up to some of those rates you are getting. I think kree should also be somewhere there with around 180k xp/h.

As for kril vs. qbd moneymaking: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

if you assume 26-28 kills an hour for qbd they are still equal.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I would also tell everyone to make their own list and a lot of tasks need practice to get upto the high end xp rates. My airut tasks for example, i started at around 140-150k xp/h and worked my way to 200k/h. You are correct that celestials can be a lot higher xp/h, i used to pick up the bones and drops and use a yak. I will definatly try out steel titan and crusher/demonhorn.

I don't have much experience with kree, only did 1 task at fast spawns and got 170k xp/h, so with some practice it could definitely be in the top 10.

About kril, I didn't know it was that good money. That said I dont really trust that wiki, mainly because I get a lot of different rates on some of the other monsters. The money at GWD bosses will always be a mystery, still interesting though.

Is there any research or knowledge on what the prefer system really does? Does it up the weighting of a task, if so by how much?

If anyone has any questions about the xp rates, I'll be happy to help here or ingame.

gwn3.png

When getting a new slayer task, you roll for a first task. If that task isn't on your prefer list, a second roll is made, and if that second task is on your prefer list, it replaces the first task as the task you receive.

Also extends tasks by 20% automatically.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah, as a comparison, my list of best tasks:

(units in 1000's xp/hr)

Done with supers+ext atk, weapon poison where appropriate, appropriate nihil, drygores/2xasc/nox, t70 power armor, ultimates, some sort of random aura. 

1. Elves : 260-360 (Yes that is a 360k. Voice of seren in Iowerth with proper lures is absolutely ridiculous)

1.5. Avianse: 270 (This was range-mage hybrid with breath, its nowhere near this high anymore and I don't do these anymore, so I can't test.)

2. Airut: 240 (Again, blood nihil is ridic)

3. Abyssal: 220 (Darklight + ohl. Also, its 160 with 100% afking with range)

4. Muspah: 220 (Don't equip shard of zaros)

5. Ganodermish: 210 (Getting there takes at least 90 secs which isnt included here)

6. Celestial: 210 (This is on the low side since I use SGS pet for picking up drops)

7. Kalgerion: 210 

8. Automaton: 180 (135 with 100% afking range)

Those 8 are the only tasks I actually do, so I can't really talk about other ones, but, pre-elf city

Greaters: 155 slay, 420 combat with melee, 175 slay with melee-mage hybrid.

QBD: Something terrible like 55k slay

Glacors: No clue, pre-legacy I did 140-150 kph, which is 270 slay, but I don't think its that fast anymore.

Darkbeast: complete trash without cannon, somewhat decent with cannon.

Kalphite: prob still 200k/hr-ish with boosting

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Yeah i forgot about the weighting becuase i was biding my time. I was wanting to see what morvrans weighting was because i think each slayer master has different weights. I reember hearing ages ago about steel dragon frequencies between kuradel and duradel/lapalok.

Edit: i might decide to block..

Vyrewatch

Dark beasts (pending drop reworks)

Gargoyle (pending drop reworks)

The rest i think i can take or leave.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png