Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Blaze The Movie Fan

Things in RuneScape that make no sense.

I recall somewhere they did once say greens and reds didn't fly because they were so close to lava it like damaged their wings or something like that.

Of course that doesn't really work so well these days now there are smattering of greens nowhere near lava and the steels and irons at ghorrocks too.

But at least brimhaven, ancient cavern, blues, blacks, frosts, celestials, some greens and sort of reds have a decent reason I suppose.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It probably was something they weren't able to do, or had no budget for :P And they thought of such a silly excuse.

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

But these caves look huge and seem to have big room.

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

baileydafrog.png

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

Elvarg could if I remember correctly.

Also you are correct, in most lore dragons cannot fly on one spot like the vyrewatch can.

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I'm not saying I want the dragons to fly to avoid the melee attack, I'd hate that since I'm a knight after all.

But I just don't think it makes much sense.

This thread isn't about what makes the game better, it's about what makes most sense.

Firemaking and maybe the skill emote itself. 

Scapin' since September 2007 and Hardcore Ironwoman since October 2014.

^ Because nobody lights logs in the real world?

Heck firemaking is even a real world skill - scouts do a badge in it and everything.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Heck firemaking is even a real world skill - scouts do a badge in it and everything.

You are misrepresenting what she said.

She's talking about how people can walk on fire without getting burnt.

Anyway, time for another thing that doesn't make sense to me.

The fact that I can't bring weapons to Eterna island.

I mean seriously what the hell are they gonna do if I ignore what they say? It's not like they have any weapons on their own. I can easily just kill them if I wanted to with my dragon battleaxe.

If I had more control over my character, I'd kill them and go to Eterna island regardless.

And kill all the monks there as well. Who the hell is gonna stop me? Like I said, the monks have no weapons, so it's not like they can stop me.

^As far as I know our character is not able to use a boat (see the Dragon Slayer quest). So good luck in getting there ;) Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

essiw.png

Retired item crew

Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

How could I possibly get into trouble for that? Like I said the monks have no weapons, so they won't be able to do anything.

Ah I see so by commenting on the actual words she wrote I am 'misrepresenting' what she said.

But by throwing in a meaning to do with standing on fires that not one single word she wrote even vaguely alluded to you are giving an accurate representation of what was written?

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Also it would probably mean would get into a lot of trouble if we would kill all the monks on entrana.

How could I possibly get into trouble for that? Like I said the monks have no weapons, so they won't be able to do anything.

Not because of the monks themselves, but because of allies of entrana, maybe even gods?

essiw.png

Retired item crew

Not because of the monks themselves, but because of allies of entrana, maybe even gods?

The gods never interfere with what's going on in the game. Can you name me any moment in the game where a god actually attacks?

Well, alright. When you take the wine of Zamorak, Zamorak could attack.

But that's just one time.

Also besides the gods, who's gonna come for their aid? No one cares about these stupid monks, and that's a fact.

Ah I see so by commenting on the actual words she wrote I am 'misrepresenting' what she said.

But by throwing in a meaning to do with standing on fires that not one single word she wrong even vaguely alluded to you are giving an accurate representation of what was written?

Well, to be fair neither of us actually know what she meant as she just said firemaking and didn't go into further detail.

The gods never interfere with what's going on in the game. Can you name me any moment in the game where a god actually attacks?

Also besides the gods, who's gonna come for their aid? No one cares about these stupid monks, and that's a fact.

Gods do now, like Saradomin in The Death of Chivalry. Also I have no clue who could help them, but other villages might as well don't allow you to buy stuff anymore because you became a wanted criminal ;)

essiw.png

Retired item crew

Gods do now, like Saradomin in The Death of Chivalry. Also I have no clue who could help them, but other villages might as well don't allow you to buy stuff anymore because you became a wanted criminal ;)

I already am a wanted criminal in Ardougne since I pickpocket knights so much, so I don't see how that would be much of a difference.