Things in RuneScape that make no sense.

Blaze The Movie Fan

^Erm, pretty sure in most forms of entertainment we cannot even see ghosts, neither hear them ;) (as ghosts are meant to be transparent or invisible). And since ghosts do not exists anywhere (just like dragons and such) there are no rules bound to them :) Clearly the ghosts in runescape have speech we cannot understand.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

^Erm, pretty sure in most forms of entertainment we cannot even see ghosts, neither hear them ;) (as ghosts are meant to be transparent or invisible). And since ghosts do not exists anywhere (just like dragons and such) there are no rules bound to them :) Clearly the ghosts in runescape have speech we cannot understand.

I'm talking about most form of entertainment ghosts DO exist in.

I literally can't think of anywhere else besides RuneScape where the character needs some stupid amulet to understand what a ghost is saying.

Superman can talk to the ghost of his biological father just fine. And Luke Skywalker can talk to the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi just fine.

Also, none of what you said was really an argument against what I said, since you didn't explain how it makes sense.

I'm talking about most form of entertainment ghosts DO exist in.

I literally can't think of anywhere else besides RuneScape where the character needs some stupid amulet to understand what a ghost is saying.

Superman can talk to the ghost of his biological father just fine. And Luke Skywalker can talk to the ghost of Obi-Wan Kenobi just fine.

Also, none of what you said was really an argument against what I said, since you didn't explain how it makes sense.

it makes sense in the way that mythical creatures aren't bound by factual rules

baileydafrog.png

Alright, maybe if any of you can give me an example of something other than RuneScape where ghosts appear in, where you need a stupid amulet to talk to ghosts, I might take your word for it.

But so far all of you have just said "It's fictional so it doesn't matter."

At no point did I ever claim that ghosts are real. I am comparing these with ghosts that appear in other form of media.

And for the record fantasy creatures NEED rules to be considered the proper one. Why do you think the Twilight movies are hated so much?

Furthermore, goblins, ogres, dragons, demons etc. don't require any sort of amulet in order to be able to talk to them.

The only creatures other than ghosts that do are animals like the ones we have in the real world. But that makes sense since these don't have the ability to talk in the real world, so why should they in RuneScape?

But ghosts? How come it's easy to understand all the other mythological creatures in RuneScape and I need a stupid amulet to understand what ghosts are saying?

All these creatures I mentioned by the beginning of this post speak in plain English.

Alright, maybe if any of you can give me an example of something other than RuneScape where ghosts appear in, where you need a stupid amulet to talk to ghosts, I might take your word for it.

At no point did I ever claim that ghosts are real. I am comparing these with ghosts that appear in other form of media.

And for the record fantasy creatures NEED rules to be considered the proper one. Why do you think the Twilight movies are hated so much?

They do need rules but they make their OWN rules.

Twilight is not hated because their creatures differ from the traditional vamps or werewolves, they are hated because they are poorly written with a car crash of a plot with no real depth to it.

It makes perfect sense that we cannot understand ghosts without a magical aid in Gielinor because Gielinor is a fantasy world and ghosts are a fantasy being and they decided we need a magic to understand them.

Plus in terms of talking to ghosts the real world itself is the prime example of not being able to directly understand them - we rely on ouija boards and seances and mediums and almost no real world supposed ghost-lore actually has them talking.

As for why they differ from living species, its simple - they are dead, living species are not. One can easily assume all living species on Gielinor are using a 'common tongue' (pretty standard fantasy trope) where by they all use one globally known language to allow us to communicate with them all. It's even something that is alluded to with the Gnomish and Elvish languages seen in written texts. Plus its not like they do all speak plain and simple english - the less civilised species like goblins and ogres speech is very disjointed and basic compared to say the higher species like gnomes and elves.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

They do need rules but they make their OWN rules.

Twilight is not hated because their creatures differ from the traditional vamps or werewolves, they are hated because they are poorly written with a car crash of a plot with no real depth to it.

It makes perfect sense that we cannot understand ghosts without a magical aid in Gielinor because Gielinor is a fantasy world and ghosts are a fantasy being and they decided we need a magic to understand them.

Plus in terms of talking to ghosts the real world itself is the prime example of not being able to directly understand them - we rely on ouija boards and seances and mediums and almost no real world supposed ghost-lore actually has them talking.

As for why they differ from living species, its simple - they are dead, living species are not. One can easily assume all living species on Gielinor are using a 'common tongue' (pretty standard fantasy trope) where by they all use one globally known language to allow us to communicate with them all. It's even something that is alluded to with the Gnomish and Elvish languages seen in written texts. Plus its not like they do all speak plain and simple english - the less civilised species like goblins and ogres speech is very disjointed and basic compared to say the higher species like gnomes and elves.

Alright, your arguments make a lot of sense, and I approve.

I still find it stupid, but you still have great counter-arguments, I will admit that.

Arguably it is stupid, it was just a means of controlling access to content via requiring the amulet first.

The stupidity of it is why is 6th age content they decided we don't need the amulet to speak with ghosts, plus they made the morytanina task sets have a reward of perma-ghostspeak.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I recall somewhere they did once say greens and reds didn't fly because they were so close to lava it like damaged their wings or something like that.

Of course that doesn't really work so well these days now there are smattering of greens nowhere near lava and the steels and irons at ghorrocks too.

But at least brimhaven, ancient cavern, blues, blacks, frosts, celestials, some greens and sort of reds have a decent reason I suppose.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

^Well most of them are in caves (probably because of humans), but yeah it doesn't make sense for those that are not in caves (for example the wildy) to not fly.

But these caves look huge and seem to have big room.

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

The Brimhaven dungeon for example really looks like a cave where the ceiling is way up, so I don't see how steel dragons couldn't fly there.

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

baileydafrog.png

depends on the type of flight, I could be totally wrong but i'm sure a hummingbird was the only type of bird which can actually hover, without undercurrents it couldn't glide, without either it'd need to fly constantly which i doubt would work with it's mass and the size of the cave, even if it was high. 

can the regular dragons in game actually fly though? wouldn't be the first creature with wings that lacks the ability to an extent/entirely

Elvarg could if I remember correctly.

Also you are correct, in most lore dragons cannot fly on one spot like the vyrewatch can.

Retired item crew