Blaze The Movie Fan

Things in RuneScape that make no sense.

Still makes sense for ironman though, as rune plate is a lot easier to get than a dragon plate (except from diango) :P

dragon plate is impossible to get on ironman :P unless you can get it from motherlode maw thingy. As for why its impossible, you can't enter blast furnace to buy the hammer required for smithing the plate.

lol, didn't think of that... hope they will fix that.

@Blaze, ironman can trade quest specific items for those two quests (and get bonds from players).

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

If you want to add me in game, add "essiw".

How does the energy crater on Freneskae lead to a Guthixian cache in Gielinor????

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What also doesn't make sense is a quest unlocking the ability to make all pickaxes, when you probably already have bought the rune pickaxe already anyway. Also what is so special about pickaxes that they cannot be made without extra knowledge? :P

To ensure that the Global Warming quest was slightly less than an absolute waste of time? Except for the whole part about how it totally is~

Also, adamantite and runite are hyped up as being crazy strong metals, and yet are considerably worse than both the ancient, visibly moldy armor the barrows brothers wore and steel armor from the east.

What steel armour from the east? Tetsu?

That's made from 'plate' which is never specified as a specific metal-type and is totally separate from the stainless steel resource.

Barrows its kinda debatable about whether it looks mouldy or is just brown since we have never seen it in its original state and the fact Akrisae's set takes on the same appearance and he was only wighted very recently kinda suggests its not decayed so much as it is a side effect of the wight making magics/Sliske imbuing the gear with magical properties. 

Japanese armour was generally constructed from many small iron (tetsu) and or leather (nerigawa) scales (kozane) and or plates (ita-mono), connected to each other by rivets and lace (odoshi) made from leather and or silk, and or chain armour (kusari). These armor plates were usually attached to a cloth or leather backing. Japanese armour was designed to be as lightweight as possible as the samurai had many tasks including riding a horse and archery in addition to swordsmanship. The armour was usually brightly lacquered to protect against the harsh Japanese climate. Chain armour (kusari) was also used to construct individual armour pieces and full suits of kusari were even used.[10]

Though 2 things created with the same component don't have to end with similar results, it definitely looks to be iron. 

baileydafrog.png

How come you don't need a hammer or anything like that when eating lobsters?

In real life, the lobster shells are too defensive to chew.

So if they can be eaten in one bite, and doesn't require anything, how come watermelons need to be sliced?

You can actually eat watermelons directly without using a knife in real life.

So if they can be eaten in one bite, and doesn't require anything, how come watermelons need to be sliced?

toolbelt ;)

baileydafrog.png

toolbelt ;)

Well, that still counts as using a knife since you are using one from the toolbelt.

toolbelt ;)

Well, that still counts as using a knife since you are using one from the toolbelt.

i mean that we could secretly be using the hammer from out toolbelt, or when cooked it is prepared to eat though not visible from the inventory image

baileydafrog.png

We could start a TV show: the deep dark culinary secrets of RuneScape. Learn how to crunch lobsters in one bite and swallow giant sharks whole!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

toolbelt ;)

i mean that we could secretly be using the hammer from out toolbelt, or when cooked it is prepared to eat though not visible from the inventory image

we didn't have a toolbelt way back, but we did have lobsters :P

essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

toolbelt ;)

it's only really the claws you actually need tools for, the main meat you can get by hand with twisting so meh, either  way pain in the ass!

baileydafrog.png

toolbelt ;)

it's only really the claws you actually need tools for, the main meat you can get by hand with twisting so meh, either  way pain in the ass!

But my point still stands though. Watermelons take a lot less effort to eat than lobsters do.

You don't need a knife you can just use your hands to open the watermelon.

But my point still stands though. Watermelons take a lot less effort to eat than lobsters do.

If I knew how to do this in real life with a full size watermelon I would be eternally grateful...well not really, but I could impress a few people.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

If I knew how to do this in real life with a full size watermelon I would be eternally grateful...well not really, but I could impress a few people.

Darn I'm such a moron.

Why do I talk out of my ass so much? I don't do it intentionally, and I don't even know why I do it.

There is one minor annoyance I need to point out.

I'm not making a whole thread about this in the rants forum since this annoyance is incredibly minor.

It's the text "You eat cabbage, ew."

I find this incredibly insulting since I find cabbages in real life to be incredibly delicious, and not disgusting in the slightest. What the heck? Do the game developers have a problem with cabbages or something?

• Like 2

Most people around the age of the former "targeted audience" especially back in the day were probably teens, and that age demographic is not particularly fond of cabbages, or vegetables in general, for that matter. It's just supposed to be a bit of humor, nothing to be offended about :).

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

There was a jmod that was all about cabbages, it kind of became a big joke, but I am not to sure about what exactly ad I wasn't playing at that point.

essiw.png

Retired item crew

you expect raw cabbage, picked straight out of the ground, to elicit a "yum"?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Essiw, was one of the founder who hated cabbages, I don't remember if it were Andrew or his Brother.

Here's something I recently discovered.

Apparently I need to use 10 prayer points to read the book of Zamorak.

What the heck? It's a damn book, why does it take prayer points to read it.

Here's something I recently discovered.

Apparently I need to use 10 prayer points to read the book of Zamorak.

What the heck? It's a damn book, why does it take prayer points to read it.

Well it's not just book, it's the (un)holy book of Zamorak :P. An interesting fact nonetheless though, nice find!

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

The fact that the buildings we keep our things in RuneScape are called "banks".

Do the people who made the game even know what a bank is?

A bank is where you keep your money, that's it.

I think where we keep our items can more be referred to as a storage unit than a bank.

Throw it on the floor.

You can't eat a watermelon after you smashed it on the floor. Eternal gratitude denied.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Well it's one way to open a watermelon using only your hands. :)