mp3 player

Ramses

well i bought a sandisk digital media player 1 gig. and it worked great for about 8 months then the joystick started getting lose, and pointing in the direction of the screen. then a month ago the headphone jack broke (i think) the audio is like realy quiet, and fuzzy sounding. but if i manipulate the cord on my headphones it gets normal, and sence i have it cranked so i can hear it in its weird state, it blows my ears for a little while, so i remove the conector from the port, thus losing all sound. then i turn it down, and plug back in, and it is quiet again. i am going to persuade my parents to let me get an ipod nano 2 gig black, and a bunch of accesorys for it. wish me luck, and please post about what to do with my "old" mp3.

There's nothing you can do with it, really.. maybe someone could fix it up? You could always try selling it on eBay for cheap (maybe someone would want the parts?) but I don't think anyone would want a semi-broken mp3 player.

May I suggest another mp3 player, since it looks like you're looking for an mp3 player that only plays music...? iPod 2gb costs way too much for it's worth, IMO.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

he said a older one which should be in good condition and work just as good :)

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

well ebay would work but my parents won't let me sell or buy anything. if you could recomend some alternatet mp3s that have no joystick that would be great. but a backlit screen is nessary. also i would find great use of other featured, like playlists on the device itself, aswell as the ease of control, and smallness. please dont recomend a palm or pda.

If its less than a year old contact the manufaturer

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You probably wont get a refund, they are more likely to fix it for you.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

What to do with the "old" one?

Simple, give it to your brother! Or cousin, or anyone! LOL

Why buy a 2Gb? Buy a 4Gb, you pay less for more Gb's, calculate it..

or just buy a 60Gb Video! Leetness!

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

~komodo

Paying more isnt always practical even though it's more economical. Case in point: bulk purchases... sure you may get those $200 processors for say... $150, but did you really need to spend $700,000?

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I would get a Creative Labs mp3 player. they can turn out some really nice stuff for alot cheaper of a price. And the quality isn't any worse. And if you are going to get an Apple iPod, don't get the nano. Get the new iPod (there is no such think as an "iPod Video" lol). I'm actually suprised at the video (my friend has one). I thought it would suck, but it really is awesome (especially on that 6 hour trip up to Stowe).

well i looked at some creative ones. the zen nano looks flimsy, and has hard looking controls, and the micro is well... fat. seriously it is like between1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. and i do care about accesories. believe me i considered the video( the new ipod) and it can play video on a tv with a $100 accesesory. it is also a hard drive player, which means that it can wear out, and has reduced battery live. it is also like the size of a pda almost. what is wrong with the ipod nano anyway. i was looking on the net, and these people were stress testing it. they ran it over with a ****ing car, and they said that it was still playing. they gave pictures too.

1. The iPod (video) is even thicker than the ZM.. The nano is thinner, but taller. :roll:

2. The nano is $249 for 4gb (2gb for $199), when the Zen Photo is $249 for 8gb (ZM 6gb for $199). They both show pictures, if that's what you wanted..

If you really need those videos and pictures on your mp3 players.. and if you need those (IMO, overpriced) accessories, then get an iPod. If you just need something that plays music (which looks like the case, since you had a 1gb player), then get a Creative. Zen Micros give you more storage for a $200ish player.

I've done my research and I don't believe the nano is worth it.

Teaching and inspiring.

~komodo

Paying more isnt always practical even though it's more economical. Case in point: bulk purchases... sure you may get those $200 processors for say... $150, but did you really need to spend $700,000?

Well, in some cases paying less or paying more IS the solution! and as you said paying less for more is more economical! In the case: Well, maybe, if you really want to spend $700, and you have them, why not?

komododabst3cn.png

The creative IS the zen :-/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

KInd of depends on what you'll be doing with it too. I'm shopping for a new one right now which I'll be using a lot at the gym. therefore, I'm leaning towards a flash based one vs. hd. The jury is still out though. I'm looking around for folks who have worked out with hd players to find out if they have problems skpping. Looks like I'll be getting a Creative for sure, whichever type i decide on. Ipod thought of everything except an fm tuner. duh :roll:

jfroggy

The creative IS the zen :-/

no dip sherlock. but photo would be nice, and cases are good so that the death of my sandisk DAP won't be in vain. and the new ipod is so expencive. i know the 2gb nano, and accesories is $300 too but that includes an extended warranty, and a bunch of accesorys. like a case. the 4 gb is starting to win over the 2gb model. nano i mean.

If, like you say, you want accesseries, then buy an ipod. But personally i'd get a better player, rather than a flash cover. I'd buy a zen microphoto in your case, creative players are great, I've had a micro and have a vision:m on the way :). The microphoto's OLED screen is particually nice :).

I'll admit, for ease of interface, the ipod is probably better.

But after a couple of hours/days you'll be used to the zen, and once you are used to it, it's easy enough to navigate

ZM fits in an altoids case also. :wink:

why would i put an mp3 player in an altoids can. and i might just go with a zen micro, but is the UI user friendly?

Why? So you don't have to spend $20-$30 on a case!

lol8nl.jpg

This is mine. It's only half finished because I don't have all the materials to finish it. I've gotten compliments and "cool"s from people though!

The user interface takes a little getting used to; you'll probably be pushing the touchpad and selecting things when you don't want to, but you'll get used to it after using it for a bit. Very easy, but it takes a little adjustment time. :)

Teaching and inspiring.