What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?

I think the most powerful would be Korasi's Sword which can be obtained from Pest Control. There's also the Abyssal Vine Whip, which may be slightly easier to obtain, given you meet the requirements.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Come on, dude, we've been over this. Degrading isn't that big of a deal

Yes, it is a big deal to me since I don't like having to pay every couple of hours just so I can use a weapon/armor. I'd rather use my money for something else.

I think the most powerful would be <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Korasi" href="http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Korasi" s_sword"="">Korasi's Sword which can be obtained from Pest Control. There's also the Abyssal Vine Whip, which may be slightly easier to obtain, given you meet the requirements.

By most powerful, I mean which one has the most damage, not the most accuracy, so the abyssal vine whip isn't really what I'm looking for. Since dragon battleaxe causes more damage.

As for that sword, well even though I probably haven't done the required quest yet, I am willing to try.

You shouldn't underestimate accuracy as well, but if you only want damage than I don't know if it's worth all the effort for 24 more points.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Yes, it is a big deal to me since I don't like having to pay every couple of hours just so I can use a weapon/armor. I'd rather use my money for something else.

I think the most powerful would be <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Korasi" href="http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Korasi" s_sword"="">Korasi's Sword which can be obtained from Pest Control. There's also the Abyssal Vine Whip, which may be slightly easier to obtain, given you meet the requirements.

By most powerful, I mean which one has the most damage, not the most accuracy, so the abyssal vine whip isn't really what I'm looking for. Since dragon battleaxe causes more damage.

As for that sword, well even though I probably haven't done the required quest yet, I am willing to try.

that's not how damage works in eoc. Dragon battleaxe deals pretty much the same damage as dragon dagger for example. The damage is scaled when using abilitys. All that matters is the level of the weapon. I'd suggest saving up for drygore weapons..

Drygore is level 90.

Korasi sword is level 78.

Abyssal Vine Whip is level 75.

Dragon is level 60.

Mithril is level 30.

Now imagine how much more damage drygore weaponry deals? It's basicly the same jump as between dragon and mithril.

• Like 1

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

As a general rule of thumb, the power of the weapon is dictated by its level, not by the numbers it shows on the mouse over text.

For example, your Dragon Baxe will do the same overall damage as any other dragon or level 60 weapons, they just do more damage per hit, but less times, the dps remains the same.

Thus, you are always better off going for a higher level weapon.

The most powerful non-degradeable 1h melee weapon in the game is Korasi's sword and Abyssal vine whip, with Korasi's being a little better due to its inate crit chance. Jessika's sword is the most powerful in the off hand, but that sword is far more tedious to get. The best alternative is Enhanced Excalibur which you can get from completing Hard (not elite) seer's task.

Also, don't use shields, the gimp your damage by 33% compared to say 2h or dual wield.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

that's not how damage works in eoc. Dragon battleaxe deals pretty much the same damage as dragon dagger for example. The damage is scaled when using abilitys. All that matters is the level of the weapon. I'd suggest saving up for drygore weapons..

Drygore is level 90.

Korasi sword is level 78.

Abyssal Vine Whip is level 75.

Dragon is level 60.

Mithril is level 30.

Now imagine how much more damage drygore weaponry deals? It's basicly the same jump as between dragon and mithril.

Well according to the RS wiki I have to pay million at least every 12 hours or so for Drygore.

I'd be somewhat ok with having to pay 120K coins every once in a while, because at least I can make that money back easily.

But over million? No, if the item is degradable and it costs millions to repair it, I avoid it at all costs.

I don't wanna have to cut trees, mine, fish, or any of that just so I can make my money back quickly, it's tedious.

Then I suggest you keep your trusty dragon battleaxe (and get Korasi's too) as a backup, and use it if you do run into that situation if you do need to raise a couple million for repairs. After all it can't be much slower than what you're currently doing to raise gp, can it?

If you pay attention to the degradation rate you should be able to make enough money to pay it back without too much difficulty, though.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Alright, I'll get that abyssal wine whip thing. It shouldn't be too hard.

Oh and can someone tell me what the hell is the point of the "damage" stat is if it doesn't mean jack shit?

If it makes no difference which weapon of the same metal I'm using, why the hell even have the damage listed?

You are making the strong assumption that Jagex does everything based on common sense :P.

It's probably done that way to scale somehow with hitsplits. So you may get slightly higher numbers, but hit less frequently, and I guess that is what they want 'damage' to reflect. Because otherwise people would be up in arms about how they hit different hits with weapons that have the same damage. It can also be good in say a PvP situation where you want a good hard killing blow for the last hit, and don't really need to worry about the speed consequence afterward.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

There's a point in the damage stat, just as there's a point in the speed stat, type stat, level stat etc. Just because the dragon battleaxe has a better damage stat than the whip doesn't necessarily make it better, given that it has worse speed, accuracy and level.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There's a point in the damage stat, just as there's a point in the speed stat, type stat, level stat etc. Just because the dragon battleaxe has a better damage stat than the whip doesn't necessarily make it better, given that it has worse speed, accuracy and level.

That doesn't explain the purpose of the damage stat though.

You are making the strong assumption that Jagex does everything based on common sense :P.

It's probably done that way to scale somehow with hitsplits. So you may get slightly higher numbers, but hit less frequently, and I guess that is what they want 'damage' to reflect. Because otherwise people would be up in arms about how they hit different hits with weapons that have the same damage. It can also be good in say a PvP situation where you want a good hard killing blow for the last hit, and don't really need to worry about the speed consequence afterward.

Good point I guess.

It shows you the maximum unboosted hit of the weapon.

6Ij0n.jpg

No it doesn't, I am able to hit 1,500 damage multiple times without abilities with a dragon battleaxe and the damage stat says it's 800 something.

And don't worry, I'm not ignoring any advise at all, I will be getting that whip in the near future.

It's the unboosted maximum hit. Add on your Strength level, jewellery, potions, prayers and whatever else and that's why you're hitting 1500.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

And don't worry, I'm not ignoring any advise at all, I will be getting that whip in the near future.

You mean other than the drygore advice?

Get the enhanced Darklight for demon slayer tasks.

Accuracy and damage is buffed considerably fighting these. Kalgerion demons are like 400k slayer/h atm.

But honestly it's stupid not to get the highest level weapons, there's no reason not to and the degrade cost means nothing. You can make back money so easily in this game.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I didn't ignore it, I just don't agree with it, there is a difference.

But honestly it's stupid not to get the highest level weapons, there's no reason not to and the degrade cost means nothing. You can make back money so easily in this game.

But that would mean I would have to stop fighting monsters for a while to cut trees, mining, or something like that, to get the money back for the degraded item, which is something I don't wanna do.

I didn't ignore it, I just don't agree with it, there is a difference.

But that would mean I would have to stop fighting monsters for a while to cut trees, mining, or something like that, to get the money back for the degraded item, which is something I don't wanna do.

Why would you need to stop fighting monsters? fighting monsters IS the best way to make money. Outside of merching anyway. With better weapon you also kill faster which means more loot per hour = more money per hour.

Use that increased money per hour to fix your weapon.

Other benefits include: more experience and less supplies used.

Edit. I'm pretty sure if you got the chance to even test drygores for once you would never touch your dragon battleaxe again

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

Oddish_Diy.png

As long as you are fighting monsters that are worth fighting, you won't have any issues maintaining upkeep for degradables. And it's easily worth the cost in terms of kill speed.

• Like 2

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

If your just looking at hard gp rather than taking things like opportunity cost into consideration - you can repair drygores for free. You just need to go kill kalphites in the exiled kalphite hive, apart from the workers, collect the damaged chitin that is a 100% drop and use these to repair your drygore items. You get between 21 to 40 chitin scraps per piece of damaged chitin, depending on your smithing level. To repair a mainhand drygore item from 0% charge will take you 10,000 scraps and the offhand will take you 5,000. 

With most slayer tasks, unless you leave all your drops on the floor, you should make more than enough to pay for repair costs on your drygore items. If you repair them as soon as you complete a task you will not notice the cost.

If you have to have non degrading items than Korasi's sword, Enhanced Excalibur and Darklight (especially with the buff you can buy after completing Dimensions of Disaster) should be given room in your bank 

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

I get it, you guys don't like the fact that I dislike degradable items, but I have my reasons for not liking them and I'm sticking to them. There is no need to prove further how wrong I am.

And for the record I'm not wrong, I used to have a verac's helm, and got rid of it after realizing how pointless it is to keep an item I have to pay to fix every few hours.

Most monsters I fight are simple to kill anyway.

veracs is pointless, totally different thing entirely. with the time saved by using drygores over d b'axe you would easily earn the money to pay for repairs and then some. veracs won't increase your kills because it's defensive not power

• Like 1
baileydafrog.png