How does legacy mode work with EOC mechanics, e.g. Zilyana hard mode?

xSxqPowerx

Hi Tip.It I'm a noob now.

I've been playing around in legacy combat mode, but noticed that fights such as Saradomin Godwars hardmode require an ultimate ability to be used in order to land the killing blow. How does this work when you are in legacy mode which doesn't have abilities? 

To my knowledge it doesn't.

They said from the off with legacy mode they wouldn't design content around it and you wouldn't really be able to do top-end boss content.

The idea behind legacy isn't so much allowing players to permanently use legacy and only legacy - its to allow casual players to use a simplified form of combat for casual content and to give more serious players a familiar base line to learn from as they move into revolution and possible full manual in order to play top end content,

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hey welcome back Sxq, basically everything Sy said. I would familiarize yourself with the new updates and such and then ask around, I'm sure there's a lot of older players that remember you that wouldn't mind showing you the handles on EOC. I'm not terribly well versed with abilities myself though. Its a bit daunting at first but it's not awful in any manner. [/opinion]

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution

Revolution is a combat setting that will automatically use queued abilities and is a good transition between Legacy/Original combat style and EOC

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Cool thanks. I used Legacy for a while, because it felt overwhelming to adjust to all of the new stuff as well as a new combat system at the same time. But I took the plunge and went to EOC and I'm pretty good with the revolution mode now, and I actually like how it works. I still strongly dislike full manual (and it was a big part of the reason I stopped playing way back). Even managed to kill Arraxor a few times :D 

I'm also curious how many older players are still around here, but I doubt that many would recognize me... who knows though. 

Cool thanks. I used Legacy for a while, because it felt overwhelming to adjust to all of the new stuff as well as a new combat system at the same time. But I took the plunge and went to EOC and I'm pretty good with the revolution mode now, and I actually like how it works. I still strongly dislike full manual (and it was a big part of the reason I stopped playing way back). Even managed to kill Arraxor a few times :D

I'm also curious how many older players are still around here, but I doubt that many would recognize me... who knows though. 

Depends on what you call "old" ;) I sadly don't recognize you, but you can always check when people joined under their name :)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I would say, any quest released BEFORE eoc, can be done with legacy, but every quest after, EOC is mandatory

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum