Replay Myreque Quests in Beta

helring

Limited Time Only – Replay Myreque Quests in Beta

Hello

For a limited time only we are allowing you to replay the Myreque Quests on the Beta world. To do this, speak to Amelia and Rory in Burgh de Rott. You will have the option to choose how far back in the quest chain you would like to reset it to. As far back as In Search of the Myreque.

This is limited time only as it will be available as long as the current Beta lasts. This is not a feature that will be added to the main game.

FAQ

Q: Why the Myreque Quests?

If you didn’t already know, the next quest in the series will be coming out later this year. Therefore we are giving you the chance to replay the quests beforehand.

Q: Why won’t this be made available in the main game?

Most of the work to reset these quests was done as part of the skill resets projects last year. However it completely resets everything, which means losing progress in Temple Trekking, etc. This type of quest reset is not something we want to add to the game. Therefore we are limiting it to the Beta world. The work required to develop a more desired quest reset would be a lot and at this time we do not think the work would be worthwhile. If however it becomes very popular, we will think more seriously about quest resets in the future.

Q: How long is ‘limited time’?

We don’t actually know right now. We do know we have some other plans for the Beta world later this year, which means we can’t keep this up forever. So if this interests you, best taking a look sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

What if they just had quest resets in beta for every quest?

If quest resets in main game would cause too many other issues, then surely, reseting things such as temple trekking progress doesn't really matter in beta worlds.

Keep beta worlds up at all times, updated with new features that people can test, and people would also be able to play on beta worlds to replay any quest they want to. There isn't really an advantage to having this feature in main game if you can do it in beta worlds, imo.

It might make it a bit too tempting for people to get distracted by other aspects of the game rather than testing what they want players to test or focus on :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Possibly.

Couldn't they have separate servers just for quest replays then?

Either way, if people don't want to test new features, they're not going to do so, regardless of being able to replay quests in beta worlds or not. People who actually want to be on beta worlds to test new features will go on there to do so.

We could talk about all the people gambling and buying/selling stuff in beta worlds, too. :P

• Like 1

I am glad that it is only beta and will not be live, when I saw the title I first though "oh no, there goes all that time which they could have spend on new quests and other updates" as they have said multiple times that replayable quests are lots of work to make.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I am glad that it is only beta and will not be live, when I saw the title I first though "oh no, there goes all that time which they could have spend on new quests and other updates" as they have said multiple times that replayable quests are lots of work to make.

Yes, but it would explain what the hell happened to quests and why they only trickle out now like an elderly man trying to use a urinal.

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

You kind of can, get your defence level reset to 1 and a load of quests will be rest... Not sure what quests can be rest by resting your prayer level

howlin1eeveesig.png

You kind of can, get your defence level reset to 1 and a load of quests will be rest... Not sure what quests can be rest by resting your prayer level
But then you have to relevel prayer and defence every time.

Not every time, just the once...?

EDIT:

The quests that are reset when you reset your defence level:

• Back to my roots
  • Between a rock
  • Birthright of the dwarves
  • Blood runs deep
  • The branches of darkmeyer
  • The brink of extinction
  • A clokwork syringe
  • The curse of arrav
  • Darkness of Hallowvale
  • Defender of varrock
  • Do no evil
  • Dream mentor
  • Elemental workshop 3 and 4
  • Fairy tale 1, 2 and 3
  • Forgivenss of a choas dwarf
  • The fremennik isles
  • The fremennik trials
  • Glorious memories
  • Heroes' quest
  • Holy grail
  • In aid of the myreque
  • In search of the myreque
  • King of the dwarves
  • King's ransom
  • Legacy of seergaze
  • Legends' quest
  • Love story
  • Lunar diplomacy
  • The mighty fall
  • Monkey madness
  • Nature spirit
  • Nomad's requiem
  • Olaf's quest
  • One of a kind
  • Recipe for Disaster - Sir amik varze, lumbrige sage, and monkey ambassador sub quests only
  • Tirual of the Mahjarrat
  • Royal trouble
  • Salt in the wound
  • A soul's bane
  • The temple at senntisten
  • Throne of miscellania
  • The void stares back
  • What lies below
  • While Guthix Sleeps
  • The blood pact
  • Dragon slayer

howlin1eeveesig.png

Not every time, just the once...?

Not on the Beta, after you've done all quests, you can reload your save state and reset the levels once more.

• Like 1

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.