Hacking, keylogging, etc.

Suzanne_Vega

OK, funny incident the other day, I am messing around with the EQ downloadable trial/tutorial, and some guy says to a beggar "go back to Runescape", so I pm him asking who his rs character is, and he goes "omfg you haxxor I'm not telling you your just gonna hax my account".

Nonplussed, I reply to him that you can't hack someone's account from just knowing his username. After all, if you could, everyong would have been hacked by now. So I advise him to do a spyware check on his computer, and make sure his antivirus is up to date, etc. and use only a browser directly on http://www.runescape.com), and I get this stream of verbal abuse about how anyone can hack any account and blah blah blah. So I tell him, "ok go hack zezima right now", to which he replies "omg I am no haxxor I don't know how to do it". Makes me wonder how he is so sure that any account can be hacked just from the username, because if anyone would have been hacked by now it would be him.

So I guess the point of this all is that your runescape account cannot be hacked (and I use this term very loosely) if you take adequate precautions, which have been detailed in many places on both Jagex's site and here, but I will repeat them in case anyone somehow missed it:

1) Never, ever give your password to anyone.

2) Never play Runescape on someone else's computer, especially one with public access like a library computer. You never know what is on it or if it is adequately protected.

3) Always have antivirus, antispyware and a software firewall updated and running on the computer you play rs with (the software firewall can be omitted if you have a hardware one).

4) Don't pee on pure sodium.

Okay, well, the last one doesn't relate to Runescape but it's good advice anyway.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

ow, i got burned, why did u tell me to wizz on pure sodium? u trying to get my wee wee removed?

on topic, thanks for the advice, i currentkly have avg free, but i am going to comvince my parents to upgrade to the pay version for added protection, and the only people who know my pass are me and my bro, because i would trust him with my life.

ArchSupport.png

Soulthresher: dont think outside of the box, stay inside. the box is your freind

Clicky for the Blog 'o Range

Race to 100 ranged with BBQ_muffin

DarkDude98: Pfft, Real men use Bow and Arrows to get 99 range

Sodium explodes on contact with water.

well, technically it causes the hydrogen to sepate from teh oxygen, and the hydrogen becomes super heated catches on fire then explodses.

why was this even in the thread tho?

Thats reverse physcology, you want me to pee on it, well i'm not going to! HA reverse-reverse physcology, but no! what if you don't want me to pee on it, Im'a just pee on it.. Sounds fun.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

DUH. Thats why we have firewalls. 8)

Brilliant.. now i know what thats for.

seriously all it takes to not being hacked is common sense really.

I did an experiment with pure sodium last week in science and the teacher said that anybody who got it wet would be in detention for a week... somebody in the class after did it and baboom! I bet it was worth it for him though it was awesome.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

I did an experiment with pure sodium last week in science and the teacher said that anybody who got it wet would be in detention for a week... somebody in the class after did it and baboom! I bet it was worth it for him though it was awesome.

Hehe, I wish i would have been there :D

i tried gettin a high level chemistry teacher to tell me where i could buy a 50 pound bag of sodium, seeing how the 2 twos i live near has a big river dividing it... well.. yea..

i tried gettin a high level chemistry teacher to tell me where i could buy a 50 pound bag of sodium, seeing how the 2 twos i live near has a big river dividing it... well.. yea..

These days that will get your name put on a list for the government to look at lol

Okay, well, the last one doesn't relate to Runescape but it's good advice anyway.

lmao!!! Wat will it happen if you do? I think i might try it :roll:

now that is just asking for the thread to go off topic :lol: If you think sodium is bad, certainly don't pee on francium, that will completely remodel your bathroom and probably level your house in the process :shock:

on topic: don't log in on your runescape account on public computers or at a friends house

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

:lol: thats funny because i came across someone the other day with the same claims lol, but the story is to long to get into details, but it has an outcome like yours, except i ignored for the flaming 8), but you cannont get hacked inless your getting on sites that you shouldn't ( fake runescape cheat sites, or downloading auto's, which is a definate ban if found out your using :roll: )

now that is just asking for the thread to go off topic :lol: If you think sodium is bad, certainly don't pee on francium, that will completely remodel your bathroom and probably level your house in the process :shock:

on topic: don't log in on your runescape account on public computers or at a friends house

Sodium is mild.. very mild.. it will only explode on contact with a strong, and preferably high temperature acid..

francium is too unstable to piss on, let alone expose to air or take out of a lab environment..

caesium is in military use, and nigh on impossible to get as a civvy, its also extremely dangerous, it alone would destroy your bathroom, in not vast quantities..

however if you want some extremely dangerous, doable inschool fun.. heat sulphuric/nitric acid over a bunsen, then drop potassium into it.. be prepared to lose an eye, and possibly some fingers in the explosion and hot acid spray:D

I so much want to put that in my sig but i am sure a mod would have problems with it

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

I so much want to put that in my sig but i am sure a mod would have problems with it

if they had a problem with it, that topic would of been edited by now. And atleast one mod has looked it

Wow - Zuu - Lvl 55 Destructo Lock - Neptulon

Rattus Jr - Skill totaler Nub ( Zuu's Back)

Archer003 - 92 80 99 92hp Rsc trained

• 3 weeks later...

haha, dont pee on pure sodium. Nice one.

For those wondering why, a little bit of googling found me this;

http://www.theodoregray.com/PeriodicTab ... ies/011.2/

As for the topic of ungrateful people, they really annoy me when you try and help them to not get hacked, and they throw it in your face thinking you're trying to hack them. I just tend to think that they'll keep that stupid attitude and end up losing all their stuff, so they get what they deserved. Although one time a guy did fall for the password censor scam, and I told him he'd been done(i couldnt help but go peek in his account) and to change his password.

Junkieman608.png