Discuss all Jagex banning issues here!

Newptor

i know it said dont use specific cases, but i got a black mark for mentioning tipit.

remember the days when jagex supported tipit and runehq? :cry:

on another note, the system WORKS, just too well. i think personally that a few scammers and macroers is a small price to pay if the alternative is irreversable bannings and that its irresponsible to ban innocent people.but jagex has a different oppinion

Dear Justin Jh,

We regret to inform you that this account has been banned because of Offensive Language.

You were caught saying the following in-game:

justin_jh: I am michael jackson! Wee hee!!!!!!!

justin_jh: Its wee hee

justin_jh: Listen to thriller....

justin_jh: Weehee!

justin_jh: Young boys weehee!!!!!!

Please refer to article number 1 in the rules:

Rule 1: You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene. This behaviour will NOT be tolerated in RuneScape.

You appear to have been in control of the account at the time, however as this appears to be one of your first offences we will lift this permanent ban but your account will still have black marks placed on it and you will still receive a further 3 day ban from today. Further to this we will be monitoring your account very closely and if we receive any further Abuse Reports against you, your account will be banned permanently with no further chances given.

I suggest you take this time to make yourself familiar with our Rules of Conduct which can be found in the 'Information and Advice' section (left) on the main page of our website (http://www.runescape.com) by selecting the link named 'Read our rules'. This will make you more aware and help you avoid being banned from the game again.

I hope that you can enjoy RuneScape in future! ^_^

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

luckly they dont ban ppl for being an idiot

I dont like the concept of being banned for one sided trading. Because me and a friend had a deal on making alching and then splitting the profits on 10k yew longbows. Neither of us has been banned which is good, but we traded 10k nats 10k bowstrings 10k yew logs and 7.68 mil between us, all on one sided trades.

I agree that the one sided trades bans seems a little tricky. I mean, I fully support banning people who buy in-game stuff for real life money. Rich in real life should not mean easy levels in game.

.... but there is the concept of selling signatures used on fan forums for in-game stuff. In that case, the signature is in a way game related, and the person who make the sig takes time of his playing creating it. Still it is considered to be in-game stuff traded for out of game stuff by Jagex, and has caused fan sites to close down their media boards. Personally I think it is is wrong to not allow this - but I *can* understand Jagex view on it, since they cant see the other part of the trade actually take place.

... and there is the long time player who make friends with people reasonably new to the game, or players who just signed up for p2p. The long time player in most cases has "junk" that is very useful for the new player, and may want to give this "junk" to their friends as gifts, perhaps for bank space reasons. When I say "junk" I mean items that has accumulated in bank of the long time player over time, it could be spare armour, potions, seeds, god book pages and other stuff, that the player cant be bothered to sell. I have been giving away stuff like this several times, but it is starting to scare me.

... and there is odd examples like this: Man want to get RL wife gift. Man and wife only have one computer in home. Man agrees with friend to buy stuff, pay for it, but ask friend to deliver bought stuff directly to wife because he cant trade his wife since they only have one computer. So it ends up looking like 2 onesided trades, or looking like item transfer from one character to another (on the same ip). Still, it is a perfectly legal trade, especially when the friend know both man and wife in game, and know they truly are separate players, not one person playing 2 characters.

... and there is things like secret santa event. The whole secret santa event is a LOT of one-sided trades, that *hopefully* adds up with everyone taking part giving a gift to a stranger, and reciving a gift from another stranger. Is Jagex against this sort of thing?

All the above examples may look suspicious to Jagex, and may lead to bans. That in addition to the difficulty getting a personal reply from customer support scares me. Yes... I am scared. Scared to interact with friends in game in ways that *may* look suspicious to Jagex, even though they are perfectly legal.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Jagex don't ban on ip's, they have other ways of telling if an account is linked to you.

They rarely perm ban you for your first offense unless it is something serious like password scamming or posting a url to a known hack/bot site, jagex work on giving players the benefit of the doubt, they do actually want people to be able to play the game, it makes buisness sense not to perm ban for the smallest thing...I mean they are losing out on money. So most of these "unfair" bans are probably a build up of offenses leading to the permanant ban being placed on your account.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

Jagex don't ban on ip's, they have other ways of telling if an account is linked to you.

ya they do they added it few updates ago

well they dont bann so say the block the ip stoping it from connecting to runescape

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

Dear Justin Jh,

Thank you for your appeal.

It does appear that an error was made at the ban appeal.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may have been caused, your account has now been unbanned and is ready to use.

The Blackmarks have also been altered accordingly.

I hope that you can enjoy RuneScape in future! ^_^

Yours Sincerely

Mod Ross

RuneScape Customer Support

i have a story.....

okay, about 2 months ago me and 3 friends made 4 versions of the name "cut j o o o" all of htem had different o's and 0's. so..about a month and a half into making them all...im training lalalala...got my 31 prayer so im chillin...workin on 40 attack, and my friend ims me on aim and said his got banned. so im thinking...."alright..they banned him because i suppose they could interpret the "j o o o" for "jew"" so i told him, write them back...ask them if they could change it to something else, and also tell them that you did not mean for it to say "jew" and that you didnt even notice it (he didn't..we all didn't..).....so he sends in one of them letters (sorry i forgot what their called im braindead now it's 12 am and i got school tomorrow...my apologies) and they write him back saying that it's not because it meant jew, but it's because it's "too confusing for other players". now..as he told me this...my brain rattled of anger. i was like...what the hell...i see hundreds of people everyday with o's as 0's and 0's as o's. so...here we are...he's still banned. another one of my friends that made the cut j o o o name got banned too, but his wasn't as stupid as this.

MAIN POINT OF STORY: they banned him for the o's and 0's as being confusing. but, about...what...3 weeks later? they make the o's and 0's distinguishable, and yet they still wont unban him.

tell me your guy's thoughts on this.

diabl0_915.png

They rarely perm ban you for your first offense unless it is something serious like password scamming or posting a url to a known hack/bot site, jagex work on giving players the benefit of the doubt, they do actually want people to be able to play the game, it makes buisness sense not to perm ban for the smallest thing...I mean they are losing out on money. So most of these "unfair" bans are probably a build up of offenses leading to the permanant ban being placed on your account.

unfortunetly this didnt happen for me. They looked as though they where going to give me a second chance, but for some reason i got perm banned an hour later. and I never have gotten a black mark or in any sort of trouble before hand.

heres my 3 day ban

Subject: Re: Your RuneScape Account

Date: 16 Mar 2006 21:3

and here the perm ban

Date: 16 Mar 2006 22:27

apparently ive been wrong on the time frame in the past, i never really looked, it seemed like 20 minutes, but still an hour is pretty ridiculous. I obvisously didnt have time to re-break the rules while i was starting to serve my 3 day ban. ive tried a ban appeal, they didnt even read it and sent a auto response. I cant get anyone at jagex to listen to me, and its very frustrating. I really want my character back. ive always been a good player and avoided people for the most part, and been helpful when i could.

smallsig2.jpg

RS name- Lunar3klipse, banned 3-16-06: found out theres a new appeal system, I get an extra appeal, fingers crossed.

BTW: Ill give someone a serious dollar, if I can use more than 30kb for a sig size :/ its my hosting for crying out-loud.

is it me or am I seeing allot of account trading? I have seen several account trading (like lvl 28 for sale (enter amount here), Or free member account follow me to get one. I have sended about 5 reports this week about that. (I was a few days ago clearing my bank at some random non member world)

sigh... its more than a jagex thing. the community is just too report happy and too sensitive and everybody is on eggshells about being offensive. in a game based on player conquests, violence and character development, its sad that jagex is only too pleased to entertain every crybaby that gets their feelings hurt.

its not that i think offending others is ok, because its not. but come on people, conflict is what makes runescape a great game. of course somebody is gonna get attacked, backstabbed, jumped, killed and robbed. and of course emotinos are going to fly and tempers are going to raise. and of course theres a good chance that some choice words are going to be said. im not saying that thats the way to go, but still...

i like to think about the fantasy world of runescape as a place where knights and mages and rogues roam the land. metal weapons severing heads, spells burning people to a crisp, pickpockets, beer drinking dwarves, expert craftsmen and cooks and smiths and archers. theres a pub and market in nearly every town, beasts that roam the wilderness and dungeons, and loot and treasure to be won

instead, runescape is a nursery full of immature babies that constantly whine and beg and cry mommy mommy he took my binky!

my suggestion, for people that want to enjoy the game, associate yourself with people that are around your maturity level. and just totally ignore the crybabies. for your own health and sanity sake

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

unfortunetly this didnt happen for me. They looked as though they where going to give me a second chance, but for some reason i got perm banned an hour later. and I never have gotten a black mark or in any sort of trouble before hand.

heres my 3 day ban

Date: 16 Mar 2006 21:3

and here the perm ban

Date: 16 Mar 2006 22:27

apparently ive been wrong on the time frame in the past, i never really looked, it seemed like 20 minutes, but still an hour is pretty ridiculous. I obvisously didnt have time to re-break the rules while i was starting to serve my 3 day ban. ive tried a ban appeal, they didnt even read it and sent a auto response. I cant get anyone at jagex to listen to me, and its very frustrating. I really want my character back. ive always been a good player and avoided people for the most part, and been helpful when i could.

That's amazingly stupid of Jagex. You know, one could think he is safe because one plays fairly. But lately, Jagex has been banning strangely. One could be banned for no reason at all, just randomly stroke by bad luck. How can we enjoy the game in this conditions? It as if jagex could take back all the hard work we put in a character at any moment. Of course there is errors in bans, but lately we have all heard too many stories. About 2-3 months ago, there was no stories about unfair bans, all was alright. Then, all started going wrong.

I mean, what can we do to protect ourselves when we know innocent people are being banned all the time? Don't speak at all? Don't do trades? Don't train newbs? Prevent other people from our family to play? .. Stop breathing?

2480+ total

Well, I think Jagex has gotten a A LOT stricter since they partnered with MiniClip.com. Now they have all of those new people who instantly look for cheats (not all that come from miniclip, but a lot) since there are cheats for just about every other game in the world.

I remember being hacked in September 04. I got my account back for like one day then "Your account has been disabled, see message center for further information." The guy had gone and pass scammed on my account... But, at that point in time, Jagex had a heart and cared about it's players instead of just banning. I appealed my ban, and got my account back. But, not they are that big corporate company who only cares about money...

I have two computers side by side running on the same router... If me and my brother are both playing at the same time on each computer, will that show up as multiple logging in? After reading some of these bannings I'm kind of scared.

I have two computers side by side running on the same router... If me and my brother are both playing at the same time on each computer, will that show up as multiple logging in? After reading some of these bannings I'm kind of scared.

they probably would. if both accounts were created by the same person, then they might consider it multi-logging, but thats not exactly breaking jagex rules. you could get banned if both accounts are trading items from one to another. thats what you have to watch out for. i would check out the rules page again and try contacting one of the mods just to be sure

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

You even get banned if someone scammed you!!!

One of my file got scammed, and the other player reported me!!!

I traded a rune b axe for a rune longsword by accident and the other player won't trade back!!!

And just before i reported him, he reported me and banned my file!!!

My friend got a "black mark" (I don't exactly know why they made that term up) from supposively macroing. In this I mean autotalking. I know him in real life (almost all of my friend's list is people i know in real life) and i know that he wouldnt do that. Besides, he is a fast typer and very efficient (in merchanting). I type a bit slower than him, but i make a mistake once in a while merchanting, which ppl know that i dont auto. I have never did anything bad, so i never got a black mark.

Also, that same friend got another black mark, getting a 7 day ban. This time it was item scamming. As a merchanter, it isnt about scamming, it's about buying and selling the right thing at the right price. He and I were just "playing" a scammer, just trying to scam each other. It is fun, but i always lose when i see the "Absolutely nothing!" thing on my friends comfermation thing and I have somthing. It is fun, but I guess Jadex saw it and banned him for 7 days.

Very sorry for such a long post....

today i got bull {u know what}. well heres what happend

First someone stole my rune axehead and then i started cursing alot.

Ok next day it says i got a 3 day ban and 2 black marks. im like ok i wont talk anymore.

Then today after 3 days it says ur accs disabed check message centre.

So i go and they said i got perm banned for same exact thing Verbal Abuse. im like WDF!! so i sent appeal and ill see what happens {jagex are !#$%!#!} !!!

http://s7.invisionfree.com/Legends_Of_Sara/

Join My clan. Leader Is 1234king0 or Pajsanos

Requirments: 50+Combat or 45+ in any NON-MEMBER SKILL. TY n Peace out.

Edit: Please do not use this thread as simply another place to "rant."

Also, this is not the place to discuss specific Jagex bans.

This is only to discuss the recent controvercy over Jagex's banning policy.

Please keep this one easy for us to monitor. ;) ~ Newp

This thread is for you to discuss all Jagex banning issues. All other threads on the subject will be locked.

So, post away and no flaming here please! Serious discussion only!

*Sigh*

The inevitable has happened and this has turned into another weepy, whiney "1 607 84NNZ0RD!!!!11!!!!!1!!one!" thread. I really don't see the purpose of this meaningless dribble to be here, much less stickied.

On topic: If you got banned, your only recourse is to use the appeals system at the Runescape website, however defunct it may seem. If you broke one of Jagex' Rules, however trivial or unneeded they may seem to you, then they are well within their rights to ban you for whatever length of time they deem neccessary. Your feelings about whether the rule should be there or the fact that "every one else does it" is completely meaningless. Rules are rules. By breaking them, you are taking the risk that you will lose your character. No amount of crying, whining or complaining will change that.

Can someone please lock this, now worthless, topic.

Binyam.png