Discuss all Jagex banning issues here!

Newptor

Edit: Please do not use this thread as simply another place to "rant."

Also, this is not the place to discuss specific Jagex bans.

This is only to discuss the recent controvercy over Jagex's banning policy.

Please keep this one easy for us to monitor. ;) ~ Newp

This thread is for you to discuss all Jagex banning issues. All other threads on the subject will be locked.

So, post away and no flaming here please! Serious discussion only!

Rule #1 clearly states, "Do NOT confuse Newpy!"

Only 19 years to get to level 99 in something.  Mining, check.

Moving right along ... Catch me if you can! 🤣

Always buying silver ore at above GE prices!

Guest AshKaYu

I think the main problem is IP addresses. My friend once got banned for playing at my house somehow. Also if someone you know in real life trades with you, and gives you for free, say, 1000k, then the ban hammer bops you guys. It's perm, no doubt. Do you guys know anyone IRL or in runescape who was perm-banned for a bad reason?

But on the bright side, Jagex bans so many autoers! I mean, 15,000? Sure it stinks we have no choice to play RSC anymore, but they do so much good, but we focus on the bad.

I think that the vast majority of bannings made by Jagex are probably good. I also think that a good bit of the people who did get fairly banned don't like to admit it and come back and cause trouble. There are a lot of unsavory people who break the rules in Runescape, and I'm sure they enjoy causing a little extra trouble.

That being said, I have heard of friends getting banned for stupid reasons. Two rl friends of mine were talking to each other and gave each other their msn names. A few days later, they both got banned. :?

I think that Jagex needs to relax a bit about giving out screen names in other places. How else are you supposed to contact people if you always miss them in-game? How are you supposed to run a clan website? Or even hold one together?

As for the IP issues posted above me, they really need to make sure they have concrete evidence of something before they make assumptions.

Overall Jagex is doing a really good job, but they need to be careful and make sure they don't get sloppy.

I agree with you people and what Phil said to me once, that everything you read doesn't mean it's the truth.

Take me for example, I haven't done anything against the rules ( or so I think ) and I've played in public libraries, at school, at friend's houses and at home for years and I haven't been banned for that. I don't think Jagex bans people without looking twice at them.

I got temporarily banned for 3 days for supposedly using a macro.

Except I never use them, don't have anything on my computer that I know of that could be considered a macro.

Jagex just banned me for 3 days without any warning or inquiry. I think that's unfair and wrong. I should have been given a chance to make changes instead of just banned.

I've been playing for 5 years without any warnings or reports that I know of. My good conduct should have earned me a warning, not a ban.

Plus it's been 2 days since I posted a message to customer service about this and no response. That's lousy customer service.

Jagex needs to do something to be sure they only ban people who deserve it.

I had a nice lengthy discussion going (other than and her nasty comments about my 'obviously being guilty because Jagex is never wrong'...) and someone deleted my post.

=) Ty for the new one Newptor. I'm sure I will have a million things to add by the time today is over. Edit: Since I popped in here, I'll stop to post, you're welcome. :) ~Newp

Concerning bannings, yes, mistakes ARE made. There is no way to get around that with the ratio of staff to users, coupled with human error. Sometimes they are caught and withdrawn, while others are not. As users, however, we are unable to see the information that is provided to the Jagex support staff that is responsible for bannings. All we know, as users, is the side of the story of the person being banned, and to be honest, Jagex has no obligation to explain to anyone, particularly the general public, the process they use to determine if a person needs to be banned. That would be bad for business on thewir part as, certainly, someone would use that information to devise better ways to cheat.

With that said, I DO believe that there could (and SHOULD) be some steps forward made in improving this process. Realizing that I am not speaking from an informed point of view, I have gotten the feeling that the support staff for Jagex are young, have little prior CS experience, have recieved insufficient training, are hugely overworked and, quite possibly, have to deal with very poor interdepartmental and/or intradepartmental communication. I also feel that the infrastructure of the appeal process needs to be improved so that users recieving bans have an adequate appeals system to use.

The bottom line with appealing a ban that was given in error is to respond in a mature, logical and coherent manner. Attitude is everything for people that work in Customer Support professions and many times costumers will not even give you a chance if you come off with a bad attitude. After all, they are just trying to do their job and make an honest living.

Binyam.png

To pick up on the point Kewl Sabre made (about most bannings being right) I'd say he's correct. Of course, you're not going to see threads being made saying "I got banned for a good reason", it's just illogical. It may seem that so many people are getting 'unjustly' banned because you only see those kind of threads. The ratio of good ban to bad ban, I'd imagine, is favoured pretty heavily to the good ban side. That isn't to say that the mistakes being made are acceptable, but it would be naive to say that Jagex are totally inept at banning (although I do think their detection system is highly flawed).

Another thing we have to consider about threads like these are their own legitimacy. A lot of the time, it ends up being the ban-ees word against Jagex's. Without substantial evidence, friend testimony and/or a high regard in the community (which, even then, may serve to be futile) we as readers are never going to know the true extent to which that person might have been breaking the rules. The only person who knows that is the person themselves. With the degradation of the community nowadays, it's becoming harder to tell whether someone is lieing or not, and it always was hard (unless you can decipher lies through text).

im glad we have an official thread to discuss these things in. its much better than the spammy, flame war ridden, inevitably locked ones that we had before. one question, though. is this topic strictly for posting about things like the removed times article and jagex's banning of people with similar cases or is it a place to discuss how you feel youve been unfairly banned in general? i ask because depending on exactly what this topic is limited to, you could get alot of posts saying "PMG JADEX BANNEDMEH UNFARILY!!!1!" or you could get alot of posts saying things like "i think jagex banned me just because my name resembled an almost swear word in a different language" and such.

just wanna get clarification here.

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

i got banned for autoing, so they say, but yes i did auto on other accounts, but never on bmms nor did the auto accounts ever support bmms in anyway, ever thing on bmms was earned legit, but i was still banned, but i guess i had it coming, i really dont care now, cuz im having more fun now on bmms--jr then i on bmms

but all well that ends well, i still talk to friend and hang around cheating communitys, but that not a crime, but oh well, after being banned on bmms, that was 100% legit i guess its not worth it to put more time in a chara, just to have it banned agian, so i quit the cheating sence but i will still talk to the friends that i made

if anyone has with this i really dont care, there is no reason for me to hide behind the name BuyMyJunk, any more when i dont cheat any more or wish to cheat anymore

mostlikly tip.t mods/admins will bann me for posting this, and admitting to cheating at one time, but it feels much better to get this off my chest

so if this is my last post, then oh well good by if it isnt that ill talk to you guys to more later, but only tip.it mods/admins know what will happen

and id like thank jagex personlly for cleaning up rsc, i love that game sadly i cant play it anymore but of well:(

~Bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

i got banned for autoing, so they say, but yes i did auto on other accounts, but never on bmms

if you had read the updates page the day that jagex mass banned 15000 people, you would have noticed that they banned ALL accounts from the offending ip address, ie. the offending account and your main. sorry, but i dont feel any sympathy in this case.

back on topic, whilst there are numerous reports of relatively high leveled players being banned for seemingly minor and stupid reasons, the major reason that some people think that jagex does a dodgy job with the bannings is because we DONT hear about the good bannings. very rarely will we get a "omfg my lvl 3 noob got banzored for autoing 100k yews!!!1", yet more than often we hear of level 80+ getting banned for giving their real life friend 100k in a one way trade to get their rs career started. so remember, just because we only hear about the bad bans, it doesnt mean that jagex are properly banning the true offenders.

Stallion4589.png

But on the bright side, Jagex bans so many autoers! I mean, 15,000? Sure it stinks we have no choice to play RSC anymore, but they do so much good, but we focus on the bad.

As paying customers shouldn't we? (Refering to p2p that is). For example if a Resteraunt made great tasting pasta dishes yet made a disgusting Caesar Salad which had bugs crawling through it, you would of course complain. You wouldn't just sit there and say "Hey they made a great tasting pasta meal, so I think that will make up for the horrible Caesar Salad I had."

So if you are a paying customer for a night out for dinner and you had bad service in some way and obviously would complain then why wouldn't you in a game. Should we expect less of a MMORPG or should we expect the same type of service no matter what it involves.

As a previous member I would always expect good service (inlcuding Customer Support) instead we have people telling us how good the game is on one hand and that we shouldn't complain about its darker side. :roll:

And yes I am greatful for the great game Andrew and his team have developed but I expect more as a paying customer and sending in a Customer Support query and getting a auto-reply on those numerous occasions is just not good enough in my books. And this is the same for those who may (or may not) be getting supposedly banned for the wrong reasons.

banning by is is stupid because some people have bros or sisters that play rs too and say your older bro autos and you dont? and if your brother got caught u get banned too. thats dumb and a lot of poeple also play at internet cafes,libarys and school so if you someone was autoing 1 char and u wernt u would get banned and someone else 30000 km away from you could have the same ip as you :o and they play runescape and they auto :s thats not too good. well thats all i have to say like it or love it

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

i got banned for autoing, so they say, but yes i did auto on other accounts, but never on bmms

if you had read the updates page the day that jagex mass banned 15000 people, you would have noticed that they banned ALL accounts from the offending ip address, ie. the offending account and your main. sorry, but i dont feel any sympathy in this case.

ya they did ban then 15000 acounts i lost like 1 or 2 in that, but i didnt care, and i dont care now, and you say the banned all accounts from that ip which isnt true, i still have my lvl 76 (ecd69), which i got from my friend, in like 2001, 2002

they bann the most active accounts from the ip, just thought you should know

say i would have had bmms, but didnt use it for months, and then autoed

got banned on autoed acconts bmms wouldnt have been touched

edit for Eelspremiers: there isnt a rule about taken a account from a friend that quit, and it isnt accoutn shareing if they give it too and your the only one who use it from there on

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif

thanks for the clarification Newp ;)

i think that its great that jagex is finally cracking down on all the rule breakers, but i feel that sometimes, they dont devote enough time to certain cases.

i, myself have never autoed, scammed, or broken any major rule, though i will admit that i have once or twice in the past said "google it" to one or two people and i have never had any warnings or bans on my one and only account. ive seen people that have had one of their mule accounts, and subsiquently(sp?) their mains, banned from rs for various things and while i mostly agree with that rule, there are a few times when i think it might go just a bit over the edge.

for example, a person may have a main and an "experimental"(x-mule) account. the main could be entirely legit, never interacting with the x-mule, never breaking any rules, and the x-mule could have been used to try out various things that... were not legit, just to see what its like. if the x-mule gets banned, i feel that as long as there are no marks, warnings or other signs that the main account has done wrong, i feel that jagex should let that account stay active, at least until that same person makes another cheating account that gets banned, then the main should be banned as well.

i know a few people who have cheated in the past in that manner and they feel truly sorry for their actions. they wish that they could have kept their legit mains, but now they have to restart the account all over again. they have since never cheated in any way and are slowly getting back on track.

what we and jagex have to remember is that its just a game. and while it is true that autoers, scammers, and other cheats ruin the game for us, should we not someone the benefit of the doubt and let them keep a "clean" main account? i know most of you feel that people who have cheated deserve never to play the game again, but think about it. lets say a person steals a car. they may go to jail for a few years, but they will be able to get out and live their normal lives again. what we have going here is akin to someone stealing a car and getting the death penalty for it.

thats pretty much all i have to say for now. i have classes to get to. sorry for the long post :P

I couldn't care less if he was Andrew Gower himself, I just don't like arrogant smegheads.
*in the voice of the comic book guy from the simpsons* best. quote. EVER! :thumbsup:

ok...someone asked if this was the place to complain about their ban. I hope I've explained that well enough now in the first post in red. Yes, I added that after I was asked the question by mods who wanted to clarify what this thread was about.

I have a definite opinion on the subject as a whole, but I'll keep that to myself. We have the same problem, here at tip.it, when discussing bans as Jagex does. For example, do we have the right to tell the world that we banned someone because we have every indication that the person is attempting to hack you or that he or she is a perv looking for ladies or kids, but we can't prove it? Should we let those people stay?

Thank God both Jagex and Tip.it try to handle things quietly and don't slander people! And, I think we both feel terrible when miatakes are made.

Bah! I just gave kind of an opinion. lol In short tho...specific ban reasons aren't necessarily anyone's business.

Grrr...this ain't coming out right, so I'll hit submit. lol

Rule #1 clearly states, "Do NOT confuse Newpy!"

Only 19 years to get to level 99 in something.  Mining, check.

Moving right along ... Catch me if you can! 🤣

Always buying silver ore at above GE prices!

although jagex did destroy 15k of autoers,ever since the mass banning occured, jagex has been banning ppl that have done nothing. Now i do not believe that this is not all of jagex's fault, it is possible that idiots misuse the abuse button to get some ppl banned and i believe this worked for them (dont flame me)

ya they did ban then 15000 acounts i lost like 1 or 2 in that, but i didnt care, and i dont care now, and you say the banned all accounts from that ip which isnt true, i still have my lvl 76 (ecd69), which i got from my friend, in like 2001, 2002

they bann the most active accounts from the ip, just thought you should know

say i would have had bmms, but didnt use it for months, and then autoed

got banned on autoed acconts bmms wouldnt have been touched

~bmms

I'll make sure I tell Jagex about that one then. Firstly you aren't allowed to account share nor get one off a friend which doesn't play anymore neither should you be entitled to still have an account after you cheated the game. Autoers are a bunch of scum. :roll: :x

Dear Justin Jh,

We regret to inform you that this account has been banned because of Offensive Language.

You were caught saying the following in-game:

justin_jh: I am michael jackson! Wee hee!!!!!!!

justin_jh: Its wee hee

justin_jh: Listen to thriller....

justin_jh: Weehee!

justin_jh: Young boys weehee!!!!!!

Please refer to article number 1 in the rules:

Rule 1: You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene. This behaviour will NOT be tolerated in RuneScape.

You appear to have been in control of the account at the time, however as this appears to be one of your first offences we will lift this permanent ban but your account will still have black marks placed on it and you will still receive a further 3 day ban from today. Further to this we will be monitoring your account very closely and if we receive any further Abuse Reports against you, your account will be banned permanently with no further chances given.

I suggest you take this time to make yourself familiar with our Rules of Conduct which can be found in the 'Information and Advice' section (left) on the main page of our website (http://www.runescape.com) by selecting the link named 'Read our rules'. This will make you more aware and help you avoid being banned from the game again.

I hope that you can enjoy RuneScape in future! ^_^

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

lately ive noctied alot of people chat macro

eg in world 1 and have a micro with what they are selling and buying

is that allowed?

No, no kind of macroer is allowed. If someone is using an autotyper, they're still cheating and getting an unfair advantage.

Dear Justin Jh,

We regret to inform you that this account has been banned because of Offensive Language.

You were caught saying the following in-game:

justin_jh: I am michael jackson! Wee hee!!!!!!!

justin_jh: Its wee hee

justin_jh: Listen to thriller....

justin_jh: Weehee!

justin_jh: Young boys weehee!!!!!!

Please refer to article number 1 in the rules:

Rule 1: You must not use any language which may be considered by others to be offensive, racist or obscene. This behaviour will NOT be tolerated in RuneScape.

You appear to have been in control of the account at the time, however as this appears to be one of your first offences we will lift this permanent ban but your account will still have black marks placed on it and you will still receive a further 3 day ban from today. Further to this we will be monitoring your account very closely and if we receive any further Abuse Reports against you, your account will be banned permanently with no further chances given.

I suggest you take this time to make yourself familiar with our Rules of Conduct which can be found in the 'Information and Advice' section (left) on the main page of our website (http://www.runescape.com) by selecting the link named 'Read our rules'. This will make you more aware and help you avoid being banned from the game again.

I hope that you can enjoy RuneScape in future! ^_^

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

haha that was me i reported you ahah OWNED

lately ive noctied alot of people chat macro

eg in world 1 and have a micro with what they are selling and buying

is that allowed?

ya none no auto chat, auti clicker, bots, client that work around 30 rule, AY(wont say that what is but it starts with a and ends in y)

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif