the FACTS about random events.

Dharockslayer

Hey im trying to get a guide done about getting Random events.

Fact 1: The more populated, the more random events.

Ever bin at a drop party? tet event? DI world war?

Then you know what this is about, when more people are together, you get more random events. * PROVEN, THIS ONE IS TRUE*

Fact 2: LOGGING IN AND OUT is also an action... meaning this will get you a random sometime eventually. ( not good for hunting :P )

Fact 3: you will never, ever , EVER get an Random event in Fight caves. ( tip for alcers :wink:

Fact 4: getting faster kwantities of a certain item will get you a random event faster.

Fact 5: Cooking is one of the best skills to get random events, Smithing cannonballs is one too because of the high numbre of actions taken after each other.

Post here if you know more, this guide needs to be big for those random event hunters

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

there's already a guide for random events: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?p ... events.htm

and they are random anyway, it's not like you can hunt them down :P

ofcourse.... BUT, you can make RANDOM events come faster with these. They will still stay random... but you get them more often

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

The only way to make a random event occur faster is to do what ever it is that makes the event occur. For example: bury bones in large quantities for shade, mine faster rocks - therefor more rocks than usual - for golems, cut down weaker trees for tree spirits, etc.

Fact 3: You wont get randoms in banks ( highly doubt this but i dont got 6k yews on me :P , so it still needs testing)

this is wrong...i always get randoms in bank.

for example:zombies when burying bones

Robin123654.png

30ma2c4.jpg

As a finishing touch,god created the dutch :)

Fact 3 is: WRONG!

I once buried 3000 bones in the bank, and I had 3 Shades and 5 Zombies.

However, lately I buried 2000 bones in the bank, and I had nothing, but that's why they call it Random he.

But it's WRONG!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

My theory. Wearing rune or any armour while burying bones decreases your chance of getting a random (e.g. Shade, Zombie) than when you have nothing on. Doubt its true but for some reason it works for me. :wink:

Fact 1, lets call it "group effect"...

Is it that randoms are more likely among a packed group, or is it something like the "birthday paradox" - just as the chance that two people share a birthday in a group of a certain size is far higher than most people would predict, the chance that somebody in the group gets a random increases through sheer weight of numbers.

Not mentioned , but one I normally believe in...

Cluster effect - maybe it's just that you take note when it happens, but it seems that the random you see somene else get tends to be "visiting" the area for while - Genies tend to go away for ages, and then it's not uncommon to see two on the same screen, and NOT in a packed group situation.

A definite fact, I would say, is that the random allocation is always biased in favour of new events.

okay, erm. i got loads of randoms today, so i guess i could answr?

cookin is the best skill to train for random event hunters. i got mine from 70 to 73 today cookin all my wonderful lobbies, trouts and salmons.

Here's what i got:

- 2 rick turpentine

- 1 froggy

- 1 genie

- 1 sandwich lady

- 1 certer

- 2 dwarfs

- 2 mysterious old man

- 2 evil chickens

I did them in al kharid bank wearing full rune. i teleported to varrock to get my frog head and just before i clicked on varrock tele, i got teled to evil bob instead. so i had to giv him some yucky lookin fish. =)

Then this is wad i got from lvling 53 - 56 crafting. I was doing this with full frog outfit and a rune scim and kite at al kharid. Smithing ammies. Exact no of ammies smithed - 695

- 1 dwarf

- 1 rick turpentine

- 1 mysterious old man

I got nothing from lvlin 81 - 82 fishing at barbarian village except for 2 dwarves.

High alch from lvl 60 - 61 magic. About 373 high alchs gave me 1 genie, 1 dwarf, 1 rick turpentine.

Lvl 80 - 81 woodcutting. 19 tree spirits. draynor. with full rune and scim. that's abt it. hav fun =)

Wc 1k yew logs in edgeville. Nothing at all! cept for broken rune axes.

all in all, i think that cooking is the best thing you do to get randoms. Yea. Juz go back urself loads of shrimps and start cookin.

let me assure you there is nothing random about random events.

My clan all logged into a world at the same time, and stood there for about 20-30 minutes.

Within 30 seconds of each other OVER HALF of the people (there was about 30 people) all got random events such as frogs, dr jekyl and dwarfs.

well, if you want to avoid zombies or shades I asume that burying bones while you're already being attacked would work. just smack a chicken then turn auto retaliate off and bury all your bones. maybe you wouldn't get leo either? I doubt jagex would interupt you in the middle of a fight :evil:

in any case, you don't get any other random events while fighting, so I think it would work

well, if you want to avoid zombies or shades I asume that burying bones while you're already being attacked would work. just smack a chicken then turn auto retaliate off and bury all your bones. maybe you wouldn't get leo either? I doubt jagex would interupt you in the middle of a fight :evil:

in any case, you don't get any other random events while fighting, so I think it would work

Wrawng. got a mime whilst fighting Doomion in underground pass... nearly killed it and got mime -.- , i had to drop my mask...

reaper6zr7.png

i got my gravediggers in the middle of a fight too. and if rukano's theory is correct, i don't see world 1 varrock west bank floodin with randoms?

they didnt all log in within 3 seconds of each other thats the difference

I doubt jagex would interupt you in the middle of a fight

I am a member and I was fightig kalphite workers for slayer and I got the dwarf, I couldn't talk to him so he started attacking me! 2 on 1! how is that fair?? :shock: :shock:

the first is like the birthdayeffect like they said

the follow theorie is NOT true ( i m the leader of a pktrip most times)

i trained my cooking in al karhid from 82 to 99

got a random event each 5 - 10 mins

while when i train prayer i get a random each 30-40 mins (most times gravedigger now)

when i train cb or ranged (not burrying) i get a rondom each +-20 mins

i think its also a bit XP based and clicking based

btw loggin IN and OUT is also an action,

got multiple randoms while i clecked "LOG OUT", an d got my first random for loggin IN today.

Got a pirate when i logged in, was kinda strange

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

wen training at dusties they drop items that i alch while im training

it seems i get a random every time i do a high alch since i only do it once a while

also wen i click tele to somewhere it wont work ill get a random the i clik tele again and it works

enjoi888.png

you can while fighting - i got leo when fighting a skeleton in barrows(buried bones to make room for half key and guthan helmet on ground and missed them both :'(

i also got sandwhich lady while fighting iron drags (FUN! it was back when she teleported you into wild too....and the [bleep]ing iron was almost full hp....well i went on a whirl of fun trying to escape and being send to 34 wild :evil:

also got a mime while PKing (WOW another sob story! full rune and obby sheild on ground i missed :x :x

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

Hey im trying to get a guide done about getting Random events.

Fact 1: The more populated, the more random events.

Ever bin at a drop party? tet event? DI world war?

Then you know what this is about, when more people are together, you get more random events. * PROVEN, THIS ONE IS TRUE*

Fact 2: LOGGING IN AND OUT is also an action... meaning this will get you a random sometime eventually. ( not good for hunting :P )

Fact 3: you will never, ever , EVER get an Random event in Fight caves. ( tip for alcers :wink:

Fact 4: getting faster kwantities of a certain item will get you a random event faster.

Fact 5: Cooking is one of the best skills to get random events, Smithing cannonballs is one too because of the high numbre of actions taken after each other.

Post here if you know more, this guide needs to be big for those random event hunters

:o - Uhh... I've gotten 3 Frog random events while training in the white

/|\ knight castle alone...

/ \

I don't get how you can make a guide on this if the random events are completely random... :?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif