Runescapers over 25-30 years old?

vlammetje

I'm more mature than most 20-30 yr. olds I meet online. Most of them, I think, act like their shoe size than their age. But welcome! It's nice to see some of the "Older generation" interested in a game like RuneScape. Means more mature people online. Hopefully. I don't like 55% being 10 yr. olds, who are just plain foul mouthers. I wish my parent's could play, but I don't see it happening. Oh, I'm 15, BTW, and I don't have any kids :wink:.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well sry to say that older players own the game lol

the old nite = 74 yrs of age

u may flame me and call me a nub or whatever, but thats just so u know

im 15 8)

The Old Nite was 34 or 35, and died because of cancer recently. The oldest (known person) is OmarSherif. He's 71, I believe :-k

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

• 3 weeks later...

I am 29 married but no kids yet. I started playing RS about 4-5 months ago and love it (except the PKing). I am not about there being "alot" of older players in the time I have played I dont think I have found 1 :-k .

I tried to play every now and then when I get the wifes permission :boohoo: . Ah well as long as the wife is happy. :-#

almost all the older people i know isn't into pking hmm :-k when i say im 21, kids' reactions vary from "u have no life" to "bleep bleeep bleeep old!" and to the extreme "can u help me with my physics homework?" <.<

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Thanks Twiley for resurrecting this thread - I mentioned yesterday in the 'funny things noobs say' thread that I'm 47, and felt like Methuselah. I feel better now!

Please say hello if you see me in game - I'm usually doing something tedious like mining ad infinitum - RSN is Charliesaunt, and I tend to lurk on worlds 11 and 80.

I like to think I have a life, but live in the middle of nowhere, don't have kids, and my husband is addicted to a couple of online games which hold no interest for me, so I found Runescape by looking for something I could do whilst he was conquering the universe. We've both got Guild Wars accounts too, but I have some video card issues which mean it keeps crashing on me - hence Runescape! Oblivion was a recent passion, but I'm giving it a rest at the moment.

We've both been gaming ever since the very first D&D set went on sale - circa 1977/8 - came in a box with incomprehensible rules and some lead figures..lol! I like RS 'cos it focuses on more than just killing things or people - where else could I combine my love of cooking with fantasy? There's a thread somewhere that says cooking is a dying skill in RS - but I reckon that's only true if all you're there for is improving your combat stats. I got SUCH a sense of achievement from baking my first pie!

Anyway, Im babbling, will shut up now, and go get ready for work - I only work part time, so I'll be back mining/cooking again this afternoon - I like the peace you get in the early afternoon on RS - not so much competition for the iron!

Jo

hi, posted a similar thread not long ago as i wondered how old players were. Im 49 (female), and have been playing about 9 weeks now. Nice to meet some mature players. Feel free to chat if see me around.

Obssesive compulsive - not me, I`m just totally addicted to RS :D

This is fantastic. :D I thought I was one of very few "older players", but there are obviously quite a number of us. I am a 27 year old female and I'll admit I spend far too much time playing Runescape! When people in-game ask me my age I tend to reply with "too old". It makes me feel as if I should be standing in a room full of strangers (RS Anonymous) saying "Hi, I'm Suzi. I'm 27 and I play Runescape". :oops: But no more! :shame: I am now going to be proud of my young-at-heart attitude. :thumbsup:

I was once told by an insolent young beggar that I was far too old to be playing Runescape...I consoled myself with the fact that my 63 year old mother had borrowed my Playstation.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

lol ... this is great ... i appreciate reading replies that are coherent and refer to people/places/things that a 13 yr old would consider a foreign language. I am also open for a friendly chat anytime (I am usually running all over the place wondering what to work on next).

RSN - Ninjai07

it'd really be nice if i meet the more mature people in rs. im tired of people asking me to be their gf or younger people asking me for "phr33 st00f." how cool would that be like while mining or just standing around, you can talk to someone who actually makes sense. not stereotyping or saying that the younger ones don't..i guess it's just unfortunate that i haven't met one.

<----------- rsn. feel free to add me.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

hi all fellow olders

just joined this forum but been playing rs for about a year or so now 8-)

both myself and my hubby are 34 with 5 kids between 9 and 16 and it was them who got us playing rs 8-)

mind you i think they regret it now as they hardly get a lookin lol :boohoo:

give me a shout if you see me on (unfortunatly often have pm off so i dont get bugged) im always up for a convo with people my own age instead of kids begging coz im high level

basic1.jpg

89qdw.gif

0fl02.gif

hi all,

wow looks like there is quite a community of older players on rs, which is nice to see (yay i belong in this category- tho not mentally), but about the stereotyping of younger players surely there not all that bad?

fair play i know iv only been playing for about 4 months now but iv come across younger players who seem so mature (way maturer than me anyhow-tho i guess thats not very hard to do:p).

LOL --- yes, it would be nice to play RS without someone asking if I would be their GF. It makes me feel so wanted but when I replay with ," I'm happily married with four children - now bugger off" they tend to drop jaw and run screaming! One stood there and typed repeatedly " doh doh doh dohdoh dohdoh dodhd odhd da aaaaaa aaaa da d a da da do dhod hdo ha d a d" followed me around in utter disbelief - Pretty sad....

Never lose your childhood folks, always make time for play :D And yes - I'd LOVE another spot of tea! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Ladyjane00