Luck or Kill Count you decide

JoeDaStudd

Sorry if this or simalar has already been posted

I put htis in a new post due to it bein a new event for me

After readin a post about jagex actually sayin that kill count does effect ur chances of gettin a barrows item i went and tried it out. My first run of the day a got my kill count up to the high 30s (cant rember exactly what it was), when i open the chset and kil the last brother i then searched the chest and a got Ahrims Staff. I though ok thats just lucky, so i carried on with my runs, the run after that i got a simalar kill count but just got runes and about 70 bolt racks (high for me). I though ok the staff was just from luck. The next run i had a kill count of 37 searched the chest and got Veracs Helm, i was now thinkin two out of three was amazin. So just to make sure i did a fourth run, oepnin the chest with a simlar kill count as before and to my surpise i got karils coif.

Luck or Kill Count u decide.

A summary

1st Run Ahrims Staff

2nd Run just runes and bolt racks

3rd Run Veracs Helm

4th Run Karils Coif

>just now did some extra runs with a simalar kill count<

>this is to just see if it does increase the chances<

6th Run just runes and bolts (high number of bolts)

7th Run a Dragon Med

8th Run Runes and Bolts (A Higher then normal amount of gp)

9th Run Runes and Bolts

10th Run Runes and Bolts

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

look in the knowledge database at the barrows guide. It says that killing the 6 brothers give you the best chance at getting a barrows item. You can't trust customer support because half of them have never played runescape and don't actually know anything.

just luck because of my method i almost always have 30-40 killcount and i rarely get barrows items

I was once at the airport with my friends in California, had to go "potty" really bad, and just pissed my pants in the middle of the terminal. (All the cool kids piss in their pants, right?)

loledit.jpg

barrows loot: lost count

daga king loot: lost count :p

Ok, even if its luck im still goin to make sure i have a high kill count (30 to 50) just in case

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Ok, even if its luck im still goin to make sure i have a high kill count (30 to 50) just in case
kill count might help on getting more common drops like runes and money. But it says in their guide that you have th best chance of a barrows item by killing the brothers.

You are lucky, I've tried many runs with kill count of at least 20-30 and all I got was runes and a handful of money. No other rare items. :evil:

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

Here is what I got back from Jage-x Support on this...

As already discussed in many of these topics.....I know that some mods don't know what they are talking about, but again it says for BEST results... which doesn't eliminate that KC does somehow effect the outcome.

===

Dear Deangut,

Hail adventurer!

Thank you for your query on how the kill count effect your drops in the barrows mini-game.

Although it does not help with the general drops in the barrows mini-game it does help increase your chance of getting some of the rare barrows items in the final barrows chest. This means it is always worth trying to get your kill count as high as possible during the barrows mini game as you may just be in for a nice reward for your slaughter.

May the gods watch over you.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Dargie

RuneScape Customer Support

On 30th March 2006, you sent us the following:

Long time player first time to query on info. My question is on the Barrows Chest and Kill Count. My friends have received different awnsers on this from JageX. (1)Kill Count increases odds of runes (2)Has no effect. We studied the drops and it does seem to help out over the long haul if you have 20-25 KC. We noticed 1 to 14 with 6 KC and 1 to 12 with 20 KC.Can you please shine light on this 4 us?

Personnaly I think the kill count is the % chance of getting a Piece.

6 Kill Count is 6% of getting a piece. (This works cause when you have killed the 6 brothers, you have a 1/18 chance = 6 %)

So 100 Kill Count is a 100% chance?

I dunno... But can be...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

look in the knowledge database at the barrows guide. It says that killing the 6 brothers give you the best chance at getting a barrows item.
You are missing the whole point. It says nothing about monster kill count. We all know that you need 6 brothers kc to get a good chance of getting an item. That is obvious.

Basicially the KB is saying "You stand the best chance of getting a barrows if you kill all six bros compared to not killing the bros, but we aren't going to confirm what exactly kc if for, because barrows prices would drop as everyone would know exactly how to get them." Listen to what Leesters says, he knows what he's talking about.

The Knowledge base does not clarify anything about increasing chances except for the fact that killing all six brothers gives you a better chance at an item drop. Other than that, it just explains what kill count is. This was fact before, and not in controversy.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

look in the knowledge database at the barrows guide. It says that killing the 6 brothers give you the best chance at getting a barrows item. You can't trust customer support because half of them have never played runescape and don't actually know anything.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard on here. If Andrew had never ever played Runescape, he would still know more than any of us, and I am pretty sure that goes for everyone working for them. They designed the game, and they know how everything functions. We just have to find out things for ourselves, and some we might never even know. The people at Jagex know that the Galddar hammer is good on shades, but did we know that untill someone decided to use it there? For all we know full veracs could be the best way to kill skeletons or something like that. We only find out things from trial and error, they know it from the start.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

Personnaly I think the kill count is the % chance of getting a Piece.

6 Kill Count is 6% of getting a piece. (This works cause when you have killed the 6 brothers, you have a 1/18 chance = 6 %)

So 100 Kill Count is a 100% chance?

I dunno... But can be...

Rofl no.

Im going to try it out. My kill counts is 34 ATM and I'm killing more. I will post what I get later on.

[EDIT] 46 ATM now. Decided to stop at 50, runes ran out. :oops:

No, I hate this.

tif23fk.png

tif34ki.png

It proved that kill counts doesn't matter. :evil:

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

people you can't draw any conclusions about luck or kc if u do small amount of trips.

without 200+ trips any data has HUGE error posibility and is not reliable.

and to knowledge base fan: they won't give anything that is not known for smarter players. it was designed to help people who has no clue whats going on. for those people kc reseach isn't relevant, because they don't even know whats going on.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Im going to try it out. My kill counts is 34 ATM and I'm killing more. I will post what I get later on.

No, I hate this.

You can't base this on one or two runs :roll:

I did 100 runs with only 6 kc (the brothers) and got two items. I then did 100 runs with 20 kc (including brothers) and got over 30m in items. Sure kc doesn't matter? :roll:

my friend who just started barrowing has gotten many barrow items for the few times he has done it

he gets 10 kills and thats it

and in one day with 4 runs he got

1:Gaxe

2:runes bolts etc

3:guthans war spear

4:dharoks platebody

so he does 10 kills now and gets barrows quiet often

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

I used to have kill count around 15 and best items I got from something like 100 chests were karils top, d med and a half key. Yesterday I started to kill only the brothers and after few chests I got these from same chest.

frombarrows.gif

So guess who's not going to kill some annoying bugs down there in the future for few bloods.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

I get a kc of between 15-30 and have gotten 3 barrow items in maybe 30 trips (2 t leg and guth pl8) My friend does a kc of like 8 and got a spear and verac helm in about the same about of trips I did. Kc is all over tha place, though I feel getting it to like 20 at least helps a little

No, I hate this.

I did 100 runs with only 6 kc (the brothers) and got two items. I then did 100 runs with 20 kc (including brothers) and got over 30m in items. Sure kc doesn't matter? :roll:

Bloodveld > Jitouz :lol:

But yeah... He covered everything I wanted to say... Just imagine... Someone taking a bullet to the head and surviving. Does this mean bullets are harmless? No. You really do need to do multiple tests if you want an accurate answer.

No, I hate this.

Bloodveld > Jitouz :lol:

But yeah... He covered everything I wanted to say... Just imagine... Someone taking a bullet to the head and surviving. Does this mean bullets are harmless? No. You really do need to do multiple tests if you want an accurate answer.

Haha, Moopy, you've seen the topic with my barrows rewards right? Good stuff...good stuff.

Anyway, I wish Paul or Andrew would just come out and tell us, instead of sending mods who have no idea what they're talking about to answer us...

No, I hate this.

tif23fk.png

tif34ki.png

I would think that my 10k and 9,999 KC's would have already disproved that idea lol. Search for em and feel my pain. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!