New Skill: Tamming

What about a skill that players are able to tame animals? I mean only certain animals can be tammed(beasts, animals, dragons) and players can tame higher levels animals with higher level taming skill.

The Tammed animals can attack, other players and can be sold/traded/gave to other players with lower taming lvl, but they will be tammed for shorter time and when they are no longer tamed, they attack the actual owner.

The owner can use the animals to atack npcs or other animals, if your tammed animal dies in combat, they drop no loot and you will not be able to tame this kind of animal again for a long period of time.

What will be the use of it? Tamming the King Black Dragon so he won't attack you?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It would make all the high level people overpowered I mean a level 126 taking KBD to Kalphite wueen, whos gonna win? Maybe tame a Kalphite Queen and vs the Kalphite queen.

Wait Imagine this your pking and some guy pulls out a KBD Chaos elemental and Kalphite queen... Level 3 pure Tamers will own Zezima!

Ah....now you're starting to sound like Guild Wars. Beast mastery was a ranger skill in that game cause its all "outdoorsey". Although i have thought this might be a good idea in the past, ive since changed my mind. Oh and, why would jagex let you tame the kbd or kalphite queen? It would be best with monsters up to lvl 80 or something.....lesser demons...green dragons (minus the firebreath). By the way, all you who would complain about pure "tamers", what about pure rangers and mages? Its just another side skill to add.

if there was a limit to what you could tame it would be ok, as long as the monsters you tamed didnt give you much of an advantage in the wild (i dont pk i just think it would be unfair) or perhaps you could just battle them and put wagers on it like in the dual arena... hahahaha gettin well into pokemon now lol!

EDIT: hahaha pokescape!

hmmm where to start....you obviously didn't think very hard about this. When you suggest a new skill you need to lay EVERY aspect out, you summed up in a paragraph. This probably would just be another skill idea that would be semi-pointless, no real value.

it shouldnt be a new skill. but a SMALL add-on to slayer. Like taming up to perhaps lvl 30 creatures. It annoys me that you have a hellcat that looks evil and all but can't help you fight :(

It worked in guild wars :) it can work in rs. The tamed mosnters shouldnt make much of a difference in pvp cause they wont be able to hit through armour but just for fighting monsters and for the looks it wouldnt be such a bad idea. Plus you could use it as a tank to distance yourself away from monsters while you range.. rangers need as much space as they can get in teh wild.

Hhhmmm. Always liked to a pet Lesser Demon, i will carry it around on a leesh and his name will be called "George".

And if anyone annoys me, i'll set George onto them :lol:

Lumbridge Massarce - Unleashing George at Lummy Castle world 1 :lol:

i think this taming idea has some potential;

1. higher levels wouldnt have the advantage everyone would start at zero- the higher the tame lvl the better the monster you can tame.

2.Not all monsters should be able to be tamed-have it like slayers and only specific monsters.

3.If a "tame" creature is used in wildy it would regain its natural instincts and attack whoever

4.Or it could just be that a tame creature would take a near death hit for you in case of low hp.

I dunno whats everyone else think??

anima_coder.png

haha no offence but I laughed when I saw this here comes O0th3 m4ge00 with his 99 "taming" level. Wow theres the Kalphite Queen quick tame. Hi Kalphite Queen want to give me your chest of dragon chains. Kalphite queen "ok master" *snicker*

Guest AshKaYu
It sounds worthless because then in pking if someone could just pull out a chaos elemental and wipe out everyone. I think that this would give the higher levels an unfair advantage :P

Did you read past the first post? Maybe if up to lv 60 creatures, then that would be sweet.

hm..this idea doesnt seem too bad..but perhaps the monsters to be tamed could juz include lower lvled commonly farmed beasts irl to make it more realistic...how would it be possible to tame a demon?

so basically monsters like bears, unicorns, chickens, cows...etc.

since these arent very strong, there would be no basis for argument against 'taming' as in wild, the player can take out your tamed animal first in say..1 hit?

Fightfish

~99 wc achieved on 14th June 2006~

hmmm where to start....you obviously didn't think very hard about this. When you suggest a new skill you need to lay EVERY aspect out, you summed up in a paragraph. This probably would just be another skill idea that would be semi-pointless, no real value.

Why does everything have to have this big purpose or value? Why cant they just make some useless skills that you can train for fun? :P